Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Judge Tells Illegal Alien He is “Unwelcome Undesirableâ€

Judge Tells Illegal Alien He is "Unwelcome Undesirable"
    posted August 26, 2007
    http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_112173.asp

General Sessions Court Judge Bob Moon said the man charged with setting a fire in a downtown hotel is "an unwelcome undesirable" illegal alien.

Judge Moon told Bario Gomez, "Undesirables like you are not welcome in this country. You are a Latino terrorist who entered this country illegally and soon plotted significant personal injury and damage to the people and businesses in our community."

Authorities said Gomez is an illegal alien with no proof of identification. Officials also said he gave police a false name.

The INS placed a hold on Gomez, 20, after charges of aggravated arson and aggravated vandalism were filed against him.

Judge Moon told him, "It is undesirables like you who create many unjustifiable problems and prejudices upon the good people who enter this country legally in chasing a dream for a better life for themselves and their families.

"Mr. Gomez, you nor any other citizen from a foreign land has a right to enter this country; you simply have a privilege to enter this country through the proper legal channels.

"You are a domestic terrorist who is an imminent threat to the safety of our people and their property. You are also a supreme flight risk from justice. It is with duty, comfort and ease that I increase your bond significantly in an appropriate amount to insure your appearance in further proceedings and to insure the safety of this community."

The bond was raised from $30,000 to $1 million. The previous bond was set by Magistrate James Purple, which Judge Moon described as "another ludicrously low bond."

According to Arson Investigator James Whitmire, Gomez checked into the hotel with his girlfriend. Testimony by Whitmire and management officials indicated that Gomez placed a toaster filled with matches in a microwave oven in his room intending a massive "delayed burn."

Proof also showed that multiple towels were stuffed into the toilet in order to retard the water supply. The hotel manager testified that the towels were stuffed so deeply that the pipes had to be disassembled to remove them. She also stated that the room was severely damaged and vandalized.

Capt. Whitmire testified that "hundreds of people were evacuated, including children."

He said, "If the fire had established itself many families and children would have most likely lost their lives or been severely injured. Being on the fourth floor, the fire would have been difficult to contain."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oh it's so nice to see judges who actually BELIEVE in enforcing the law!
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

DITTO "Sippy" and it is about time!! I hope more of them get the idea of what their job is about soon " protecting Americans"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALIPAC AUGUST FUND RAISER
    PLEASE help ALIPAC stay in the fight against illegal immigration!!!!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=75673
    FOOD FOR THOUGHT
    WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT ALIPAC???
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Can we get this judge to rule on the Hazleton appeal? Perhaps he could rule on anchor babies too?

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Judge Moon told Bario Gomez, "Undesirables like you are not welcome in this country. You are a Latino terrorist who entered this country illegally and soon plotted significant personal injury and damage to the people and businesses in our community."
    BRAVO! I LIKE JUDGE MOON BECAUSE HE ISN'T AFRAID TO "TELL IT LIKE IT IS"! ("UNWELCOME DESIRABLE" I LOVE IT!)
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

If anyone would like to call the judges office for a message of support:

Sessions Court Judges
    203 Courts Buidling
    600 Market Street
    Chattanooga, TN 37402
    423-209-7660
    FAX 423-209-7661

Sessions - Criminal Court Judges:

Division I - Judge Christie Mahn Sell
    Division II - Judge David Bales
    Division III - Judge Clarence Shattuck
    Division IV - Judge Ronald Durby
    Division V - Judge Robert Moon
    Office Manager: Pam Melton Phone: 209-7660

April
    General Sessions Court Judge Bob Moon said the man charged with setting a fire in a downtown hotel is "an unwelcome undesirable" illegal alien.

Judge Moon told Bario Gomez, "Undesirables like you are not welcome in this country. You are a Latino terrorist who entered this country illegally and soon plotted significant personal injury and damage to the people and businesses in our community
    WAY TO GO JUDGE MOON!!!!

Judge Moon ROCKS!!!!!!!
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Judges impose dress code in Sessions Court
    Thursday, August 16, 2007
    Bob Moon - Download MP3-
    http://www.timesfreepress.com/absoluten ... &zoneid=77
    By Kelli Gauthier
    Staff Writer

Fed up with what they consider the inappropriately casual dress of many defendants, Hamilton County General Sessions judges have decided to implement a written dress code in the next few weeks.

Banned items will include tank tops, so-called "wife-beater" undershirts with large neck and sleeve holes, any clothing that exposes underwear and T-shirts with rude or obscene images and language, Sessions Judge Bob Moon said.

"We are not going to let thugs, gang members and other undesirables, set the dress code in the Hamilton County General Sessions Court," Judge Moon said.

He said a woman came into his courtroom last month with a T-shirt that read: "You can love me, but you have to pay me." She was charged with prostitution.

"I had an inclination that she was either making a confession or advertising in my courtroom," Judge Moon said.

None of the words on Demetrius Reeves' untucked white T-shirt made such claims, but the baggy denim shorts he paired with it for his Wednesday morning court appearance, soon will be outlawed.

Mr. Reeves, who was in court for a charge of driving on a revoked driver's license, said a stricter dress code was unnecessary.

"There's no need for (a dress code) as I long as I show up in court," he said.

Tanya Perry was charged with driving on a revoked license, but dressed in all black, she said she thought a court dress code already existed.

"I think it's probably a good idea," she said. "It seems like the judge would look down on you and your case if you were dressed (inappropriately)."

Judge Moon said he would not decide someone's guilt or innocence based on the clothes they wore in court, but that judges "are human."

"There is a reason that good attorneys suggest to their clients that they come to court at least in a shirt and a tie," he said. "A neat appearance is beneficial to a person both in and out of court."

When defendants walk into a courtroom wearing sloppy, casual clothes, it shows disrespect for the court, said Chattanooga Police Officer Victor Woughter, who was in court Wednesday to testify in a domestic assault case.

"I think when people come in with their pants hanging down, that's not respectful," he said.

Proposed rules for the 11th Judicial District, which includes Hamilton County, would require that lawyers, litigants, witnesses, court reporters and court officers not "dress in a manner which detracts from proper decorum in the court."

U.S. Magistrate Court Judge Bill Carter said he is not aware of a specific dress code in federal court.

He said often defendants come to court after they have been arrested and are wearing jail attire.

In Sessions Court, dress code exceptions sometimes will have to be made, Judge Moon said.

Raymond Patillo's house burned down Monday, leaving him with only a camouflage tank top and green shorts to wear to his court appearance with Judge Moon Wednesday.

"I told him if there was anything I could do to help him acquire clothes or furniture, to let me know," Judge Moon said. "We're not going to throw common sense out the door."

Depending on the severity of the dress code violation, punishments could range from a verbal admonitions to a citation for contempt of court, Judge Moon said.

Robert Carter came to court Wednesday for a charge of driving on a revoked driver's license dressed in a black T-shirt and jeans, and said a dress code would be just fine with him.

"I don't mind a dress code," he said. "I don't come up here too often."

E-mail Kelli Gauthier at kgauthier@timesfreepress.com

BANNED ITEMS

Tank tops and sleeveless T-shirts

Exposed underwear

Clothing with rude, lewd or obscene words and images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast