Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Kelly pushes back on Obama comments: ‘We’re not hiding behind a wall’

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Kelly pushes back on Obama comments: ‘We’re not hiding behind a wall’

By Sally Persons - The Washington Times - Friday, May 26, 2017

Department of Homeland Security Secretary John F. Kelly pushed back Friday against comments made by former President Barack Obama about constructing a border wall.

“We’re not hiding behind a wall. We’re constructing physical barriers backed up by technology, and of course the great men and women of customs and border protection, to simply safeguard our Southern border,” Mr. Kelly said on Fox News.

“We’re not hiding behind a wall, and you can’t defend anything by hiding behind something.”

Mr. Obama said in Berlin Thursday that the United States cannot “hide behind a wall” to avoid problems. The former president was in Europe to deliver a speech at the Brandenburg Gate to mark the 500th anniversary of the Protestant Reformation with Chancellor Angela Merkel.

Mr. Trump met with NATO allies in Brussels the same day, including Ms. Merkel.

Mr. Kelly was also asked on CBS News if he was worried about leaks coming out of the Department of Homeland Security after sensitive information about the Manchester, England, attack was leaked in The New York Times.

“I’m not. But no one is perfect. No organization is perfect. I would tell you that right after the bombing happened, I called my counterpart, who I have a great relationship with, in the U.K. She brought the issue up with me. She has an absolute right to be furious about these leaks,” he said.

Mr. Kelly said Mr. Trump did the right thing in launching an investigation to find out who or where the leak was coming from.

“I think exactly the right thing for the president to do is to get the investigators on it, find out who it is. Totally unacceptable, particularly when it comes to classified information,” he said.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...comments-were/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

My advice is to ignore Barack Obama and his statements. When asked to comment on a comment from these people who sold out our country, just say "no comment."
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn