Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama pushes back on those who question his citizenship

Feb 04, 2010

Obama, with a smile, pushes back on those who question his citizenship

09:21 AM

President Obama, addressing the National Prayer Breakfast today, made a passing reference to the "birther" movement that alleges he is not a U.S. citizen.

His remarks came in a passage about the need for more civility in politics.

"Surely you can question my policies without questioning my faith," he said, pausing before adding: "Or for that matter my citizenship."

The remark drew laughter from the audience followed by a smile from the president.

Click here for more on the speech from our colleagues at The Oval.

Our friends at Faith & Reasons have details on the prayer breakfast itself, including an appearance by evangelical football star Tim Tebow and a disinvite of some Uganda regulars over the country's controversial anti-gay legislation.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... izenship/1
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Feb 04, 2010

Obama: Challenge my policies -- not my faith or citizenship

9:27 AM
    By MANDEL NGAN

President Obama criticized Washington's cut-throat political culture at today's National Prayer Breakfast -- including apparent blasts at critics who claim he is a Muslim who was not born in the United States.

"Surely you can question my policies without questioning my faith -- or, for that matter, my citizenship," said Obama, a Christian born in Hawaii.

Renewing his call for more civility in politics, Obama decried Washington, D.C., as a "Tower of Babel" -- which he pronounced "babble" -- in which "we lose the sound of God's voice."

The vast majority of lawmakers are good people trying to do the right thing, Obama said, and have on occasion worked for the good of the nation and the world.

"Too often, that spirit is missing without the spectacular tragedy, the 9/11 or the Katrina, the earthquake or the tsunami, that can shake us out of complacency," Obama said. Political debates too often degenerate into shouting matches that divide people.

Gay rights are an example, he said. People can have disagreements about gay marriage, but everyone can agree that it's wrong to physically attack someone for their sexual orientation -- or to subject them to the death penalty, as proposed in Uganda.

"Civility is not a sign of weakness," Obama said. "Now, I am the first to confess I'm not always right -- and Michelle will testify to that."

He also said: "I assure you, I'm praying a lot these days."

First lady Michelle Obama also attended the prayer breakfast, which has been a Washington institution since the 1950s.

The program featured a special guest in Spanish Prime Minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero.

Other speakers included Joint Chiefs of Staff chair Mike Mullen and Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton (who talked about Iran executing protesters).

Another speaker: Heisman Trophy winning quarterback Tim Tebow, whose anti-abortion television ad on Sunday's Super Bowl is already causing a stir.

Also in the crowd: South Carolina governor and confessed adulterer Mark Sanford.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... reakfast/1
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

But he never rebuked the claim of his lack of citizenship....just used insinuation.
    Never give up! Never surrender! Never compromise your values!*
    __________________________________________________ __

NO MORE ROTHSCHILD STOOGES IN PUBLIC OFFICE!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"Surely you can question my policies without questioning my faith -- or, for that matter, my citizenship," said Obama, a Christian born in Hawaii.
    Surely he wishes we would do just that! But his faith and citizenship would directly affect his policies would they not?
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

Well, he hasn't found a church in D.C. since being sworn in and he hasn't opened his birth records, so he will always be subject to speculation about both his faith and his citizenship.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We are turning into a "Tower of Babel" with mass illegal immigration and hyper legal immigration. People are living more and more in sectioned areas where they can work, live, and function quite well, without any reason to assimilate, to learn the language, to know the type of government we have, or the way the law works. Interpreters, translators, special interests are everywhere, free services and benefits abound, and so life is good for those who break the law.

"Tower of Babble" exists in government and it starts in the White House and Congress. Both Babel/Babbles are bad for the United States.

Psalm 91
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Babel - definition of Babel by the Free Online Dictionary ...
    Ba·bel (b b l, b b l). In the Bible, a city (now thought to be Babylon) in Shinar where God confounded a presumptuous attempt to build a tower into heaven ...
    www.thefreedictionary.com/Babel

babble - definition of babble by the Free Online Dictionary ...
    To utter a meaningless confusion of words or sounds: Babies babble before they can talk. 2. To talk foolishly or idly; chatter.
    www.thefreedictionary.com/babble
    NO AMNESTY

Thank you for the definition JohnDoe2. Adding the following illustrates the confusion which came from many languages, and no comprehension among the people.

Ba·bel (bbl, bbl)

...into heaven by confusing the language of its builders into many mutually incomprehensible languages.

ba·bel also Ba·bel (bbl, bbl)
    n.
    1. A confusion of sounds or voices.
    2. A scene of noise and confusion.

www.thefreedictionary.com/Babel

Psalm 91
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

RELATED

Obama Mentions Citizenship!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-1014198.html
    NO AMNESTY

President Obama, addressing the National Prayer Breakfast today, made a passing reference to the "birther" movement that alleges he is not a U.S. citizen.
    That is not what the "birther movement" is about. It is about whether he is a "NATIVE BORN CITIZEN". This is a deliberate distortion of the issue, accomplished by dropping the term 'native born' and re-focusing the discussion instead onto 'citizenship' alone. All on this board should recognize the technique because it is used every day to label those of us who oppose "illegal immigration" as being "anti-immigration" rather than "anti-ILLEGAL immigration".
    "We have met the enemy, and they is us." - POGO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast