Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sendoff to Corsi: 'See you in hell'
    Soldiers with automatic weapons detain author of 'Obama Nation'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: October 07, 2008
    8:00 pm Eastern

© 2008 WorldNetDaily

NAIROBI, Kenya – WND senior staff reporter Jerome Corsi today was refused permission to hold a scheduled news conference about his investigation into Barack Obama's Kenyan links by Kenyan immigration officials and soldiers armed with automatic weapons who then took him to his departure flight and made it clear he was not welcome to return.

"Don't ever come back. See you in hell," Corsi reported an unidentified official told him as the author of the No. 1 best-selling book "The Obama Nation" was delivered to a flight departing from Nairobi for London.

Corsi was able to communicate surreptitiously with WND late in the day in Kenya after being held incommunicado by immigration officials who at one point said there was a paperwork mixup.

He was just getting ready for a 10 a.m. (3 a.m. EDT) news conference to announce the results of his investigation into Obama's connections inside Kenya when immigration officials "detained" him along with Tim Bueler, his publicist.

Corsi made a quick contact with WND founder and editor Joseph Farah, but then Kenyan authorities, armed with automatic weapons, confiscated his passport and cell phone and held him in detention as if he were suspected of a crime.

Corsi documented the ordeal and dispatched a report to WND from his telephone later in the brief period between the time authorities returned his belongings in preparation for his departure and when the British Airways jet took off.

"We were detained and lied to all day," Corsi wrote. "The immigration officer at the hotel 15 minutes before the press conference this morning said we only needed to come to the immigration headquarters downtown for a few minutes and that we would be back to the hotel for the press conference with only a few minutes delay."

That, however, was not to be the case, as Corsi and Bueler would find out soon after they left their hotel.

"We got brought to immigration headquarters by what turned out to be about a dozen immigration officers plus military armed with automatic rifles," he reported. "Tim got placed in the back of the vehicle and was surrounded by the armed military. I was in the front between the driver and the top immigration officer who first identified himself at the hotel."

Kenyan authorities took their cell phones and passports, even while explaining the Americans were "not under arrest."

Hours later, two lawyers appeared before the author and his publicist, although they had not been requested.

"About 1:30, the chief immigration officer demanded we accompany him immediately to the airport – we were told immigration needed to verify our air tickets, which always were for this flight tonight," Corsi wrote. "The tickets were always e-tickets and could easily be validated by computer from anywhere."

But Kenyan immigration officials then explained the men's entry cards had been "lost" and that Corsi and Bueler had to be at the airport to help investigate what happened.

In addition to being held incommunicado, the two also were held without food.

"We were offered no food until Tim began feeling a problem with his blood sugar, then around 2:30 p.m. the head immigration people allowed one of the immigration officials to accompany us so we could have 'no more than 15 minutes' to buy something to eat,'" Corsi wrote.

Eventually, they were taken from the holding facility to the airport.

"We were led out of headquarters by [the] back stairs and elevators, to avoid the press that had followed us to headquarters and was still waiting for interviews," Corsi reported.

"We went to the airport via armed caravan," Corsi added, and on arrival the two Americans were told to go into a "holding cell" already containing other possible deportees.

"We refused, demanding to know if we were being charged with any offenses, where our lawyers had gone, and why we had to be locked up, when all day we had been lied to and told we would be released 'soon,'" Corsi reported.

The instructions to go into the holding cell were repeated several times, always without success, he said.

Late in the afternoon the two were told they would be allowed to board the British Airways flights to London and "that we had committed no offenses and were not being deported," said Corsi.

But authorities still kept the cell phones and passports.

"About 6 p.m. our lawyer arrived with our luggage, which we had not been allowed to go get or pack," Corsi wrote. "We had no place or opportunity to consult with the lawyer, who was asked to leave once we got our bags."

A brief meeting with Richard Nicholson, the vice consul in the U.S. embassy followed.

"He, too, confirmed we had done nothing wrong and were not being deported," Corsi wrote.

It was shortly after that, when authorities returned Corsi's cell phone, that he was able to provide this report as the British Airways flight prepared for departure for London.

Peter Mbae, a Kenyan publicist who arranged the news conference, told WND he contacted the Ministry of Immigration and was told the Americans were being held but would be let go eventually.

It was just one of the stories released during the day. One official with the Embassy of Kenya in Washington said he was unaware of Corsi's detention. When WND reached the embassy later, a receptionist confirmed the official word was that Corsi was not detained.

"He's enjoying his holiday in Kenya," she said.

The management of the hotel where Corsi was scheduled to hold the press conference backed away from its previous commitment, too.

In a press release, the hotel said: "We would like to assure our business partners and the public at large that Laico Regency Hotel is a law-abiding institution and does not condone any smear campaigns. The management cannot allow such activities to take place."

Corsi was in Kenya because Obama has a history of connections there, and the African nation is where his father worked as a well-known government economist. Corsi documented this history in his book but scheduled the trip to find answers to lingering questions – particularly about the links between the presidential candidate and Kenya Prime Minister Raila Odinga.

Corsi had promised a news conference that would "expose details of deep secret ties between U.S. Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama and a section of Kenya government leaders, their connection to certain sectoral groups in Kenya and subsequent plot to be executed in Kenya should Senator Obama win the American presidency."

Corsi was set to show Obama and Odinga have been in direct contact since the senator's visit to Kenya in 2006. He was to claim Obama advised Odinga on campaign strategy and helped him raise money in the U.S. for the Kenya presidential campaign.

Corsi was to report Odinga's 2007 presidential campaign strategy called for exploiting anti-Kikuyu tribal sentiments, claiming victory and charging voter fraud even if the campaign knew the election had been legitimately lost. Odinga, Corsi said, also was willing to fan the flames of ethnic tribal tensions and use violence as a last resort by calling for mass action that led to the destruction of properties, injuries, loss of life and the displacement of over 500,000 Kenyans. The purpose was to compel the Electoral Commission of Kenya to declare him the winner or enable him to declare himself the winner by force.

Even though Odinga has not fulfilled his campaign promises to the Muslims who voted for him, he continues to cause concern among Kenyans because he has not declared his position on Shariah law, Corsi said.

Corsi said Obama remained in active phone contact with Odinga through the New Hampshire Democratic Party primary in January. The Illinois senator continued to support Odinga, he said, turning a blind eye to an agreement signed with Muslims and the post-election violence instigated as part of the campaign strategy.

www.worldnetdaily.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I THINK ITS ODD THAT CORSI'S DETENTION IS THE LAST WE HAVE HEARD. I HAVE GOOGLED IT AND I DONT SEE ANY REPORT OF CORSI LANDING IN LONDON. ONLY THAT HE WAS TAKEN TO THE AIRPORT TO BE PUT ON A PLANE. IS THERE ANY UPDATE ON HIS FLIGHT TO LONDON?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

erome Corsi will do an interview at 5am to 9am sometime tomorrow on www.khow.com with Peter Boyles you can go to the website and listen live!

its Mountain time Denver so plan accordingly.
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Quote Originally Posted by 93camaro
    erome Corsi will do an interview at 5am to 9am sometime tomorrow on www.khow.com with Peter Boyles you can go to the website and listen live!

THANKS CAMARO. IT LOOKS LIKE I MISSED IT....BUT I WILL GO TO THE SITE AND SEE IF THERE IS A TRANSCRIPT AVAILABLE.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353

THANKS CAMARO. IT LOOKS LIKE I MISSED IT....BUT I WILL GO TO THE SITE AND SEE IF THERE IS A TRANSCRIPT AVAILABLE.
    Peter Boyles shows are podcasted and according to this, you have not missed it because its TOMORROW.... as in Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    Quote Originally Posted by redpony353

Peter Boyles shows are podcasted and according to this, you have not missed it because its TOMORROW.... as in Thursday
    LOL....THANKS FOR POINTING THAT OUT. SOMEHOW I THOUGHT THAT POST WAS WRITTEN YESTERDAY. THANKS....SO NOW I GET TO LISTEN TO IT.

Laurie Roth's interview with Corsi tonight: http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/5449

Hannity indicated that he will interview Corsi on Monday 13th Oct. I believe it will be on his radio show.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Government grills publicist over Corsi investigation
    'We received warnings not to talk about the incident'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: October 10, 2008
    12:05 am Eastern

© 2008 WorldNetDaily

A Kenyan publicist who helped arrange a news conference for author Jerome Corsi to talk about his investigation into Democratic presidential nominee Sen. Barack Obama's links inside Kenya says he's being grilled by the Kenyan government over what Corsi discovered.

As WND reported, the news conference never took place because immigration authorities detained Corsi and held him until his scheduled British Airways flight out of Nairobi. WND also reported bribes were paid to "various officials" to make Corsi's departure easier.

Some of Corsi's investigation results, which follow up on questions raised by his book "The Obama Nation: Leftist Politics and the Cult of Personality," are being reported in another WND article today.

"His life is in danger and his career may be wrecked because he represented me in Kenya," Corsi said of the publicist, Peter Mbae.

Mbae, publisher and managing editor of The Eagle newspaper in Nairobi, confirmed in an e-mail to Corsi he has received "several calls from people who introduced themselves as government officials demanding to know my involvement in Jerry's visit and what he found out."

Mbae said he's received many calls from media members, because nearly four dozen local and foreign journalists who had arrived to cover the press conference "were kept waiting by the government … for six hours without explanation as to why they were holding Corsi."

Corsi and his personal publicist, Tim Bueler, eventually were allowed to board their previously scheduled flight to London. They had been held under armed guard most of the day and deprived of food to the point Bueler was suffering a reaction.

Mbae said, "With Corsi and Tim out of the way, all the media attention turned to me with questions. … I told them [I] am professionally a media coordinator and yes, I booked the hotel because I felt it was important for Corsi to meet the media and the government was wrong to deport him."

Corsi wasn't deported, because he already had been scheduled for the flight he took. But he was detained behind a wall of armed soldiers during the remainder of his stay in Kenya so that he could not talk to reporters.

Mbae said the same government officials have warned him not to talk about any of the circumstances of the censored news conference.

Mbae was not the only one to describe as inappropriate the government's intervention in Corsi's news conference about links between Obama and Raila Odinga, an opposition leader who took over the prime minister's office in Kenya after a failed campaign that was followed by tribal violence blamed for hundreds of deaths.

Lucy Oriang of the Daily Nation said in an editorial that the government's action simply proved Kenya remains "the bedrock of intolerance."

"Boo to the person who made that decision," she wrote.

Oriang implied she had not read the book of which she was critical, calling it a "hatchet job, by most accounts."

"But that is no reason to hound the man out of town. The Big Brother mentality went out of the window ages ago," she said.

"The knee-jerk reaction to people, things and situations we do not like will be the undoing of this country. We saw it in January [during the presidential elections]. There is no blood on the floor this time around, but the coordinates are the same," she said.

Kenyan officials made sure Corsi knew he was not welcome to return.

"Don't ever come back. See you in hell," Corsi reported an unidentified official told him as he was delivered to his flight.

www.worldnetdaily.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12