Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: March article, AZ to pay for immigrants dialysiso.
    I am a nurse in Iowa and see our American citizens get denied proper health care all the time.Mostly this affects our older people who have worked and payed into the system all their lives . then due to grave illness that befalls them before they are eligible for Medicare, there they are with no health insurance and get sent home from the hospital too soon because of it and without proper home care. I just witnessed a 62 year old man get sent home who has throat cancer is skin and bones has a feeding tube in his stomach and noone at home to take care of him, And No Nursing Home will take him becasue he has no health insurance!!!
    So NO I don't think America needs to provide renal dialysis to the illegal immigrants, they need to go back to Mexico and let their country step up and do whats right for their own. Easy to play the bleeding heart card on this one. But I am tired of seeing our own people go without the health care they deserve..
    Fed up with the Illegals!!!!

Tamale

Welcome to ALI-PAC nice ta see ya face in da place
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The state's health-care program for the poor has agreed to pay for kidney dialysis for about 250 legal and illegal immigrants.

It means anyone who meets the low-income requirements is entitled to free treatment, even if other state and federal laws make them ineligible for AHCCCS care.

The fight involves issues of federal regulations, since Washington picks up about two-thirds of the cost of AHCCCS.
    To be eligible for AHCCCS, a person must be a U.S. citizen or must have been a legal resident alien for at least five years, with an income at or below the federal poverty level, which is $20,650 for a family of four.
    The people affected by this case meet the income restrictions but not the citizenship or residency requirements.
    (HOW DO THEY KNOW THEY MEET INCOME RESTRICTIONS ANYWAYS? HOW CAN THEY CHECK? DOES MEXICO KEEP TRACK OF WHAT PEOPLE EARN AND TELL THE UNITED STATES? IF THEY WORK HERE UNDER THE TABLE THEY DONT HAVE FEDERAL TAX, STATE TAX, SOCIAL SECURITY, MEDICARE, ETC TAKEN OUT SO REALLY EARN MORE THAN IT LOOKS LIKE AND THOSE INCOME REQUIREMENTS TEND TO ASSUME THAT ONE FAMILY OF FOUR WILL BE LIVING IN ONE HOUSE OR ONE APARTMENT AND PAYING ALL THE RENT/UTILITIES WITH THAT MONEY, NOT LIVING WITH AUNTS, UNCLES, GRANDMAS, COUSINS, BROTHERS, ETC WHO ARE ALSO BRINGING IN MONEY. IF 12 PEOPLE LIVE IN ONE TRAILER, THE COST OF LIVING IS QUITE LOW...)

Today it's for 250 legal immigrants (who have been here less than 5 years so many were probably already sick when they got their greencards "to work and support their families" of course) and illegal aliens but when mexicans start to find out about this the sick will start coming here in droves to be taken care of by our government, just like they come to have their babies. When I had my baby in December, I was the only English speaking person in the waiting room waiting to be checked in. The others all needed their kids to translate while I was having contractions every 3 minutes, while smiling mommies of anchor-babies-to-be had there 50 questions about citizenship answered and were assured and reassured it wouldn't cost them a dime. Two were told they weren't in labor yet, go home, but allowed to stay when they proudly announced home was too far. After I had my son, he ended up in the NICU because he had a weak sucking reflex and wouldn't eat. An illegal was being discharged (while her anchor baby was not, he was too sick) a few days later and bitching she had nowhere to go, so was going to leave with the kid (knowing they wouldn't let the kid go yet) so instead of calling CPS the nurses agreed to let her and hubby stay in one of the family rooms for NICU babies. These rooms, there are only 3, are SO hard to get, but they put them right in, bringing them 3 meals a day, cable tv, etc for their comfort. Those rooms weren't meant for that. Meanwhile, my 4 year old wasn't allowed near her brother because of RSV (at that time of year no child under 12 is allowed in to prevent the spread of disease to babies and it's common in kids under 12) but her other kids, never tested for anything like legal immigrants are, were in and out of that room all day, running the halls, etc. The nurses kept knocking on the door, calling her name, but nobody answered. Apparently they left with the baby. Later that day she was back, wondering where their dinner was. The nurse said they would order it, but never even asked why they didn't answer the door. (They had a broken-English sign saying do not disturb because new family getting to know) THESE PEOPLE TOOK THIS ROOM, THAT THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO BE LIVING IN WHILE THE SICK BABY RECEIVED FREE CARE, AND LEFT THE HOSPITAL WITH A BABY THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN NICU, CAME BACK, AND WERE ALLOWED TO STAY WITHOUT BEING QUESTIONED?? THAT BABY WAS BROUGHT BACK IN TO THE NICU TO GET HIS TREATMENTS. WHAT IF HE CAUGHT SOMETHING WHILE MOMMY WAS OUT OF THE HOSPITAL SHOWING HIM OFF AND BROUGHT IT BACK TO MY BABY???? I say if people are sick, it's sad, but we shouldn't pay for it. It lets these illegals think they are entitled. They aren't thankful or grateful, they don't go out and volunteer, they don't make donations to American charities, they don't offer to tutor non-English speaking kids or adults, they just think they deserve everything handed to them for free and don't need to give back in return. So much for voting to end medical care to illegals. They just find loophole after loophole.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12