Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Kids of IAs rally for law to protect their parents

Kids of illegal-immigrants rally for law to protect their parents
    By Carrie Melago
    Daily News Staff Writer

Saturday, April 26th 2008, 3:12 PM

American-born children whose illegal-immigrant parents face deportation urged lawmakers Saturday to support legislation that would protect their families.

Youngsters and advocates from Families for Freedom held signs reading "Don't Take Away My Mommy" outside of Sen. Chuck Schumer's Manhattan office, calling on the Democrat to support the "Child Citizen Protection Act."

"It's not easy, knowing your father can be deported at any time," said Elijah Salmon, 11, of Brooklyn, whose father is from Jamaica.

"My father has been here for me and my family from the day I was born," Salmon said.

The legislation would give immigration judges the discretion to allow an immigrant parent of an American-born child to stay in the United States, as long as they are not deportable for security reasons.

The bill has 30 sponsors in the House of Representatives.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2008/04 ... _law_.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Maybe if their parents didn't break the law and had a concept of personal responsibility and had respect the law and culture of this country they wouldn't wouldn't face deportation. Besides the kids should be deported too.
    ProEnglish:The English Language Advocates
    http://www.proenglish.org/

Isn't this called blackmail? How low can these arrogant illegals go?

Using their kids again...unbelieveable!! they have no conscience!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Children of military personnel have to adjust to living in different countries. So can you. Look at it as an adventure.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

How do the illegals tell their kids not to break the law? Fine examples aren't they? Then they exploit their children on top of it!

somehow my post posted 2x, sorry
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I want to know if these 30 lawmakers are also willing to release convicted criminals who have children who do not want to be parted from their parents. I think we should find out who they are and ask them

I will say this, I feel sorry for the kids, all of them. Those of illegals and those whose parents sit in our jails and prisons. It must be horrible to know that these parents cared so little about their children that they failed to consider what their law breaking would do to them. I think those with children should also be charged with mental child abuse. Make that a felony.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Aren't we a nation which frowns upon the use of children as human shields?

I think our reps should be reminded of this. And sent clips of the Katie Couric special where the new mother who was featured spilled the beans about the IA/anchor baby scheme.

It's time they started to see these alleged "parents" for what they really are.

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    Aren't we a nation which frowns upon the use of children as human shields?

I think our reps should be reminded of this. And sent clips of the Katie Couric special where the new mother who was featured spilled the beans about the IA/anchor baby scheme.

It's time they started to see these alleged "parents" for what they really are.
    Brilliant comment!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast