Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

Ks - Parents appeal Wichita school's 'English only' policy

Parents appeal Wichita school's 'English only' policy
    WICHITA | Hispanic parents are appealing a federal judge's ruling upholding a Catholic school's policy requiring students to speak only English while in school.

The appeal to the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals was filed Tuesday by three families who sued the Catholic Diocese of Wichita seeking to ban the policy at St. Anne's Catholic School.

U.S. District Judge J. Thomas Marten found in favor of the diocese in August, ruling the English-only policy does not in itself create a hostile learning environment. His written ruling was issued last month.

The lawsuit was filed by parents Mike and Clara Silva, Maria and Fermin Fernandez and Guadalupe Cruz-Tello on behalf of their minor children. The three children at the center of the case were sixth-graders when St. Anne Catholic School adopted the policy in September 2007.

Named as defendants were the St. Anne Principal Margaret Nugent and the Catholic Diocese of Wichita.

Posted on Tue, Feb. 17, 2009 01:14 PM

http://www.kansascity.com/news/breaking ... 38657.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Isn't a catholic school a private school? A private school can pass any rule they want. The christian school I went to wouldn't allow catholics or jews, and they didn't get into trouble. English only should be law for ALL U.S. public schools.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

If you don't like the rules put your children in public school they speak over 100 different languages there....guess it isn't important if you can understand each other there. the education sucks because of it too!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    time to self deport...go back to your ricky schools south of the border... you and your off~spring have done enough dammage to our country and it's schools
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

So we have another Hispanic family thinking they should have it all. Either it is their way or no way. You are in America learn the ENGLISH language and shut the h__up! What a waste of tax payers dollars. We need to move on to more important agendas in this country instead of harboring the whining of some self appointed English language(only sometimes) manager.

Did you read snafu comment?
    snaFU wrote on 2/19/2009 8:59:28 AM:
    I am with the hispanic family's. If you remember sometime back big ears Hussein suggested that all americans need to learn Spanish. I guess I will not send my kids to this school.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    You're in America! Speak and learn English you fools! This is NOT a bilingual country! The law says you must learn ENGLISH to receive citizenship.

The catholic church doing something besides harboring illegal aliens?? Imagine that ! If you can't speak english by the 6th grade maybe you either drop out or just go back to where you came from & stop slowing down the other children.