Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

L.A. Business Journal Reveals Identity Crisis

Here is an article that appeared in the April 28th Edition of Los Angeles Business Journal, which reveals the progress of crackdowns on Illegal Immigration in Los Angeles, California. It reveals, as well, the opinions of corporate IA supporters. It's astonishing to read how Los Angeles Corporations are thinking. It's not surprising to read how Los Angeles' Mayor reacts to the requests of the Department of Homeland Security! There are even some who want to "Legalize Los Angeles" even though the IA problem has bankrupted that city's resources and has taken jobs away from that city's qualified citizens! The website link to the story and the article itself is provided below:

http://www.labusinessjournal.com/articl ... ID2=124467

IDENTITY CRISIS

Companies in fear of crackdown on illegals.

By HOWARD FINE
    Fear is spreading among many L.A. companies as the federal government steps up its enforcement of immigration rules, raiding workplaces and issuing audit notices that require businesses to prove their employees are legal.

Companies in industries with high numbers of undocumented workers are re-interviewing workers, firing those who can’t produce adequate documentation and even considering importing workers from other states – all in an effort to head off enforcement actions that can close down a business.

“You look at the apparel, restaurant, construction and agriculture industries, and there’s definitely more fear among employers now,â€
    Remember that*all Politicians work for us, the U.S. Taxpaying Citizens.* If they are not doing their jobs to your liking, FIRE THEM in the next elections.

If your business can not operate profitably without hiring Mexican illegal aliens move to Mexico.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

A "ditto" to Richard's point, and...

And, with nothing to lose, terminated workers can tip off immigration enforcement officials anonymously about the presence of workers with false documentation at their former companies, setting the stage for an immigration raid.
    Oh, the tangled webs we weave when we do wrong or lie...

My philosophy: Report early and often.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If your business can not operate profitably without hiring Mexican illegal aliens move to Mexico.

Excellent advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    I agree!!!

The raid, featured prominently on the local evening news, resulted in the detention of 138 Micro Solutions workers, all of whom saw their employment with the company terminated immediately. Almost all the detainees eventually were released and were not deported.

with no jobs will they leave?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

http://www.americanapparel(DOT)net/contact/legalizela/

At American Apparel, we've always felt strongly about the subject of immigration. Even as early as 2003, we were running ads and putting up billboards calling for reform (see here). Today this issue is more contentious than ever and we feel the time is ripe for individuals, companies, and communities to speak out honestly about it.

American Apparel has nearly 7,000 employees from over 80 countries. More than 1,900 were born in Mexico, more than 1,600 are from the United States, and over 1,200 from Central America. See a list of all the nationalities represented by our workforce.

American Apparel wants you to be comfortable inside and out. The company designs and makes logo-free T-shirts, tank tops, yoga pants, and other apparel for men, women, and children -- and does it all from its California-based factory, rather than exporting labor overseas. American Apparel boasts more than 140 stores worldwide, which includes more than 20 US stores, as well as a dozen stores in Mexico, Canada, and Europe. Riding the casual loungewear trend, American Apparel is also known for its no-sweat factory and the fair treatment of its workers, including up to $19 an hour pay for manufacturing labor. Founder Dov Charney owns a 55% stake in the firm, which was bought by Endeavor Acquisition Corporation.

As a businessman myself, I resent companies cheating by employing illegal aliens. Personally I boycott everyone I can and advise others to do so as well. I'm very frustrated being in the heart of Texas and seeing so many illegals everywhere. If they can't survive without illegal aliens, then they do not deserve to be in business. My business has survived 14.5 years without illegals and will continue to.

~

Decimating raids..
    Let me restate that
    Productive raids..
    If you can't be in business legally, then you have no business being in business.