Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

L.A. Co. - Welfare costs for children of illegal immigrants

Welfare costs for children of illegal immigrants reaches $53M

Source: Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich
    Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors, 5th District

Posted: January 17, 2011 3:39 p.m.
    Updated: January 17, 2011 4:00 p.m.

LOS ANGELES COUNTY - Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich released figures from the Department of Public Social Services showing that in November 2010, $53 million in welfare benefits ($22 million CalWORKs + $31 million in Food Stamps) were issued to parents who reside in the United States illegally and collect benefits for their native-born children in Los Angeles County.

The report represents an increase of nearly $3 million from November 2009. This amounts to approximately 22 percent of all CalWORKs and Food Stamp issuances in the county.

In 2009, CalWORKs and Food Stamp issuances to illegals totaled nearly $570 million. Based on the monthly figures in 2010, the total cost for the year will exceed $600 million.

"When you add this to $550 million for public safety and nearly $500 million for healthcare, the total cost for illegal immigrants to county taxpayers exceeds $1.6 billion dollars a year -- not including the hundreds of millions of dollars for education," said Antonovich.

http://oneoldvet.com/

http://www.the-signal.com/section/114/article/39265/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

And let's not forget the taxes and workman's comp and all the rest not being paid by employers and on and on and on!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    So they know the parents are illegal, and instead of deporting them they give them money.

Banned
    When I first read this I thought they were talking about the state of California. All this money is being spent in ONE county? Jeez, the way these chicas breed, this country is so over. So sad, I am old enough to remember when Calfornia was the dream state for everyone. It sounds like a cess pool now.

Quote Originally Posted by pattyk
    So they know the parents are illegal, and instead of deporting them they give them money.
    Yeah...great system isn't it. And they wonder why California is broke!

If they know they are illegal then WHY ARE THEY NOT DEPORTING THEM! Apparently, illegal invaders are brave enough to come "out of the shadows" long enough to collect their welfare checks! Why not have an ICE officer stationed at every welfare office!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Another screaming report that demonstrates the ridiculous costs of having illegals in our country, yet our politicians continue to refuse to see or hear of it.
    "Mother Sick of Sending Her Child to A School Overflowing With Anchors and Illegals!"
    http://the-drama-of-my-life.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by pattyk
    When I first read this I thought they were talking about the state of California. All this money is being spent in ONE county? Jeez, the way these chicas breed, this country is so over. So sad, I am old enough to remember when Calfornia was the dream state for everyone. It sounds like a cess pool now.
    I am living in AZ right now, which has also become a cess pool along with all the other border states. A few states up north like NY, NC and NJ have also become cess pools, I guess they ran out of room in the border states. I have plans in place to move back to my home state of Michigan next year and to go all the way to the Upper Peninsula. I just hope and prey that they will never invade the UP of Michigan for my family's sake and my own. I am so tired of this crap here in AZ.

As I sit here right now I am hearing a sob story on the news from a guy who was brought here illegally when he was a kid and he doesn't want to be deported. Now I'm hearing a sob story about how one of our Maricopa County deputies had to shoot and kill an illegal because the illegal pointed and AK-47 at him, yet they are making this guy out to be a victim. Now their interviewing some douchbags that have to sit there interviewing in Spanish and won't speak a lick of English.

It is routine here and there is no getting away from the insanity here in AZ, this place has become a joke.
    "Mother Sick of Sending Her Child to A School Overflowing With Anchors and Illegals!"
    http://the-drama-of-my-life.blogspot.com

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Your right Drama, Jersey is getting there too. I am see nothing but mexicans mowing lawns, doing construction, etc. It really seemed to happen overnight. At the Acme the pharmacy is offering rx directions in spanish. At the hospital there are signs in spanish. What REALLY ticks me off is that social services has an interpertor for the spanish speakers. Why are they making it so easy for them to come leech off us? At least when Americans get welfare, usually someone or everyone in their family paid taxes at one time. And also our American boys fought and died in wars. These illegals mod edit really get a free ride.

They don't hand out these benefits to every body else who gives birth in this country, so why are these people so D*M* special as to be getting all of these benefits just because they give birth to a anchor baby this bs needs to stop and I mean it needs to stop no this is one of the reasons that they come here in the first place. they get tons of money in food stamps and elderly American citizens get $16.00 a month. now tell me what is right about this, NOTHING and the government should be a shame. this is also why there is no ss cola again this year.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast