Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

LA County workforce becomes point of contention

Comments are being left at the source link.
    ~~

LA County workforce becomes point of contention

Chad Groening - OneNewsNow - 4/23/2008 10:25:00 AM

A recent report shows that nearly half of the Los Angeles County work force comprises immigrants, and 60 percent of them do not speak English. English language advocate Jim Boulet is blaming the problem on the federal government.

The report was released by the Migration Policy Institute (MPI). Based on U.S census data, the report maintains that federal inaction on immigration policy has led to a large unauthorized population. The MPI report went on to say that in addition to being on the leading edge of demographic change due to immigration, Los Angeles County is also on the leading edge of the many unresolved immigration integration issues facing the United States.

Jim Boulet, executive director of English First, contends the U.S. is undecided about continuing as a nation. "A nation has a language. A nation has borders. A nation has a common purpose," he argues. "Unfortunately, there's a lot of people in the leadership of this country -- both Republicans and Democrats -- who want to move us to a post-national status."

Boulet says Los Angeles County is an example of how parts of the U.S. are becoming just like the Third World. "What we're seeing is the 'Latin Americanization' of America," he explains. "And that's where you have most of the people are very poor, and you have an elite that is wealthy beyond any American's understanding."

The English-only advocate argues that that is the environment many immigrants are leaving behind. "All of this is what they already have -- they're coming to the United States for something different, and we're giving Mexican immigrants a 'little Mexico' to live in here," he suggests. "And that just does not make any sense."

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Politics/Defa ... x?id=77192
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'm stunned at these numbers! I don't believe anyone outside of Villar's little group had any idea it's that bad! Will the voters in LA County PLEASE stand up?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

How could anyone NOT know! All you have to do is open your eyes! I'm surrounded by idiotic morons who would rather be over run by illegals then for having a backbone! They don't want to look bad to people so they bend over backwards to be P.C. I'm sooooo sick of everyone that let's this happen to our STATE! I'm sickened!