Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

La Raza calls ALIPAC a White Supremacist Extremist group

Anti-illegal immigration group wants census used to find illegal immigrants
    Originally published April 07, 2010

By Abby Sewell
    Medill News Service

WASHINGTON -- An anti-illegal immigration group has launched a push for U.S. census data to be used to enforce immigration law.
    The North Carolina-based group Americans for Legal Immigration Political Action Committee called Monday for its supporters to flood congressional offices nationwide with calls to introduce legislation that would allow 2010 census data to be used to identify and deport illegal immigrants.

Immigration advocates and experts said the proposal would be unworkable and would run counter to the purpose of the census.

ALIPAC President William Gheen called his proposal a response to widespread efforts by the census to reach out to immigrant populations through measures such as Spanish-language ads.

"We can't allow illegal aliens to steal taxpayer allocations and taxpayer representation by being counted on the census," he said.

Rep. Roscoe Bartlett, a Republican who represents Frederick County, was among the congressional incumbents endorsed by ALIPAC in 2010. Bartlett's spokeswoman, Lisa Wright, said to her knowledge no one had contacted the congressman's office about the group's proposal.

Census population figures are used, in part, to determine federal funding and congressional representation for each state.

Lisa Navarrete, vice president of the National Council of La Raza, a Hispanic advocacy organization, called ALIPAC an extremist group and equated taking their immigration policy proposals seriously with taking advice on affirmative action from a white supremacist group.

Gheen "is trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist," she said. "On the contrary, what the problem has been for years with the census is a significant undercount of Latinos."

Census Bureau spokeswoman Samantha O'Neil had no specific comment on the ALIPAC proposal but said that the bureau is tasked with counting every resident, regardless of citizenship status. Federal law prohibits the Census Bureau from sharing personal information collected in the census with any other agency.

"We take our orders from the Constitution, and we've been doing it the same way since 1790," O'Neil said.

The 2010 census did not include any questions about immigration status. ALIPAC is proposing that identifying information provided on census forms should be run against federal databases to flag potential illegal immigrants.

Audrey Singer, a senior fellow in the metropolitan policy program of the Brookings Institution, said it would be impossible to verify immigration status based on the information provided on the 2010 census.

"There's no magical database out there that could accurately and reliably inform us about a person's legal standing in the country," she said. " ... On the accuracy of doing that, it would be a surefire failure, not to mention all of the legal and ethical consequences."

http://www.fredericknewspost.com/sectio ... yID=103396

Illegal Aliens

Who cares what LA RAZA thinks. LA RAZA works for illegal aliens. and we the American people do not care about LA RAZA because you help illegals. We do not like illegals. Therefore, we do like LA RAZA.

That's really funny coming from a bunch of Brown Nazis that work for a group called THE RACE that think illegals should not have to obey American laws because they were written by white people.

The only thing that really sucks here is this writer completely abused the ethics of journalism by printing that La Raza quote without contacting me for a rebuttal.

I'm trying to identify and contact her editor now if anyone has some time to help me get that info?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: La Raza calls ALIPAC a White Supremacist Extremist group

Gheen "is trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist," she said. "On the contrary, what the problem has been for years with the census is a significant undercount of Latinos."

WTF!?!?! And how is this in of itself NOT a racist comment? I suppose she believes that they aren't catered to enough as it is. I am repulsed.

They used the census to put the Japanese in internment camps during the war....I heard that on FOX the other day.

internment camps 
    –noun
    a prison camp for the confinement of enemy aliens, prisoners of war, political prisoners, etc.

Isn't this an invasion?

And many are killing American citizens, infact 25 a day! I don't know about you but I see this as a danger to American citizens....wonder what LaRaza calls the killing of that border resident last week?
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

"Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, polarize it."

"Power is not only what you have, but what an opponent thinks you have. If your organization is small, hide your numbers in the dark and raise a din that will make everyone think you have many more people than you do."

"Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon. It’s hard to counterattack ridicule, and it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage."

- Saul Alinsky

I can see LaRaza is using Obama's favorite tactics. When they resort to name calling and baseless accusations, it simply means they don't have a valid argument in their favor.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    Lisa Navarrete, vice president of the National Council of La Raza, a Hispanic advocacy organization, called ALIPAC an extremist group and equated taking their immigration policy proposals seriously with taking advice on affirmative action from a white supremacist group.

Gheen "is trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist," she said.
    What is this twisted woman trying to say? That the problem of illegal alien presence in this country doesn't exist? There are 18-20 million of them! That they should instead be able to change Congressional representation just because they are here unlawfully? That ALIPAC is supremacist because it wants our federal immigration laws enforced?

Well....consider the source. La Raza is a prejudiced organization that only represents its own racial/ethnic community and thereby acts against all others that disagree with it.

Janet has the nerve. La Raza = The Race. These groups are getting marginalized. La Raza, SPLC, and from reading, the NAACP now operates in much the same manner. They all make noise about race, about immigration, and they call Americans names to draw attention. Extremists, racists, hater, yeah, yeah, it has gotten old.

They also are arms of the Democrat party, and every one of those groups wants amnesty. They are ambulance chasers based on race.

Psalm 139:14
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Contact Abby.

http://www.fredericknewspost.com/sectio ... y%20Sewell

http://www.fredericknewspost.com/sectio ... r_service/

2 Chronicles 7:14

It is written,...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    Northwestern University's Medill School of Journalism's Medill News Service reporter Abbey Sewell

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast