Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

LaRaza's Murguia Comments at MLK event in ALABAMA

http://www.nclr.org/content/news/detail/50202/

FIRST HISPANIC FEATURED AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR BIRMINGHAM'S ANNUAL DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. UNITY BREAKFAST

Birmingham, AL (January 21, 200 – Calling herself “a child of Dr. King’s hope,â€

http://www.nclr.org/content/viewpoints/detail/50213/

NCLR President and CEO Janet MurguÃ*a's Remarks at Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Unity Breakfast
    Full Text

Thank you so much. It is a great pleasure to be with you today and I am truly honored to be the first Hispanic keynote speaker at the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Unity Breakfast here in Birmingham. I want to give a special thanks to Odessa Woolfolk and to Isabel Rubio for their support and their personal commitment in bringing our communities closer together.

I am humbled by this honor, especially when I think of the names that have preceded me at this podium today and over the years. Thank you to the committee of organizations sponsoring this breakfast. I know it was not an easy decision but it is more than symbolic – it is historic and visionary to recognize that Dr. King’s dream was an inclusive dream and spoke to more than one community. Thank you for your courage and vision.

A generation has passed since my predecessor, Raul Yzaguirre, along with many of you in this room, marched with Dr. King to secure basic civil rights and human dignity for all Americans. That commitment to a common goal started a partnership between the newly-formed National Council of La Raza (NCLR) and the African American civil rights movement that survives to this day. For 40 years, NCLR has stood shoulder to shoulder with the black community to promote equal opportunity for all Americans.

In the ’50s and ’60s, the African American community showed us the way forward and swept in a wave of change to make America a better place. The Civil Rights movement helped to liberate all of us and moved America forward.

But, for this generation, there’s never been a more important time for our communities to stand together for social justice and civil rights.

The hate and prejudice that defined opponents of civil rights forty years ago has found a new home. This new strain of hate is open and ugly, and it demonizes all Latinos in the emerging debate on immigration.

The debate is needed because our immigration system is badly broken. But we must make it clear that a debate on issues is not an opportunity to dehumanize any human being. We must stop the hate. And we must do it together.

To quote Dr. King, “We cannot walk alone. And as we walk, we must make the pledge that we shall always march ahead. We cannot turn back.â€

[quote]MurguÃ*a said, “This country cannot reach its full potential,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The Civil Rights movement has nothing to do with 38M IE's slithering over our southern border to steal jobs from Americans, drop their anchor brats, and steal benefits from our gov.!

The Civil Rights movement was about AMERICANS fighting for their inalienable rights! It's almost sacriligeous to watch these plunderers and pillagers spew this crap! Why isn't anyone putting them straight? They have NO RIGHTS whatsoever! What would MLK say about all of this ? I don't think he would be too happy watching these invaders stealing jobs from blacks, and the increasing ethnic cleansing of blacks! Everyone knows that blacks are reviled in Mexico!!! And Mexico is exporting this hatred for blacks to our country now! It's insanity!!!

Ms Murgia apparently turns a blind eye to the fact that MS 13 is one of the largest gangs in America today. They are perpetuating crimes against many Americans. They are targeting African Americans in California but that seems to slip her mind.

Janet MurguÃ*a, President and CEO of the National Council of La Raza (NCLR), urged members of the Hispanic and African American communities to renew their commitment to realizing Dr. King’s dream of civil rights protections for all Americans.

Ms. Murguai...the key word Americans...that would mean LEGAL!!!
    Illegal Aliens are not Americans, they are invaders who have no regard for the rule of law. They come here to drain our social services, overcrowd our schools, and hospitals..all the while pledging allegiance to a country who could give a RAT'S ASS about them and their children!

If you and your organization are so concerned about Hispanics..then my suggestion to you is lobby the Government of Mexico. Tell them that you want better conditions for all Latinos who reside in Mexico as well as those from South America who enter Mexico looking for jobs there!
    Oh...my bad I forgot... the Mexican government acutally has a government with a huge set of gonads. If you were to set demands on them they would tell you to GO TO HELL and mind your own business!

Senior Member ourcountrynottheirs's Avatar
    They really want to be here legally, but since they can't, they're just gonna jump ahead in line. You see, they are priviledged. After all, they used to own some land in America about 1 million years ago. So they have the right to come here whenever they choose.

[quote]MurguÃ*a said, “It is no coincidence that we are seeing the highest historical spike in hate crimes against Hispanics.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote]But, to the voices of hate…they are only “illegals,â€

Janet MurguÃ*a at an award ceremony for U.S. Attorney General Alberto Gonzales: "We are going to put our [Latino] people first".
    Janet MurguÃ*a has served as the President and Chief Executive Officer of the National Council of La Raza (NCLR) since January 1, 2005.

Can you believe she was stupid enough to support that retard Gonzales?
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-I-am
    Janet MurguÃ*a at an award ceremony for U.S. Attorney General Alberto Gonzales: "We are going to put our [Latino] people first".
    Janet MurguÃ*a has served as the President and Chief Executive Officer of the National Council of La Raza (NCLR) since January 1, 2005.

Can you believe she was stupid enough to support that retard Gonzales?
    Yes, I can. I absolutely LOATHE this woman. I would gladly spend a week stranded on a desert island with Antonio Villaracist and Luis Gutierrez than spend 15 minutes in a room with her. When Lou Dobbs has her on, it is too much. I have to leave the room. I have no idea how he manages to sit across from her and listen to her flap her jaw without reaching over and trying to strangle her.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast