Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Latin American History. Study on INFERIORITY and INFERIORISM

Latin American History. Study on INFERIORITY and INFERIORISM

October 4 of 2005

An American Lady wrote a personal message to me and asked :

What I understand, the worst thing about the trade agreements, (NAFTA, CAFTA) has been the fallout for small Latin American farmers who cannot compete with U.S. subsidized corporate farming. Why do Latin American leaders sign these agreements, Vicente?

These people ( the rulers of Colombia and their companions ) are only moved by Personal Gain, Personal Wealth and Greed.

The US took half the territory from Mexico, and the Panama Canal that had been under construction by Colombia with terrible cost and efforts.

"I took Panama" - Teddy Roosvelt

For 500 years the fundamental political philosophy in Latin America has been

INFERIORITY and INFERIORISM

that was taught by the conquerors to their slave indians and blacks.

Those two words describe Latin America better than

CLIENTELISM, PERSONALISM, EGOISM, INDIVIDUALISM, MESIANISM, and others that speak of Abusive Personal Power.

CASTRO and CHAVEZ are two madmen with the poorest utopian answers to the "American Challenge" or the "World Challenge", perhaps the future "Chinese Challenge".

CHAVEZ is squandering 10 Marshall Plans and talking wagonloads of Blather.

The negotiations of the Andean FTA are the most Ridiculous Episodes of Imposition. The clauses talked are totally contrary to Colombia.

This leonine contract will produce the ruin of millions of peasants.

BEGGARS in the Cities. And EMIGRANTS everywhere.

Emigration is TRANSITIVE.

The lowest classes push the higher classes to emigration. They destroy and lower wages.

What will be the future benefit for U. S. Foreign Policy of this massive destruction of Peasantry and the Environment ???

The displaced peasants will burn the Tropical Jungle or the Misty Forests of the Andes.

Thanks again

Vicente Duque

I actually heard that Chile has done quite well, post Pinochet, with their FTA. By that I mean that everybody has gotten a little piece of the pie.Is that not the case?

Actually the amount of Mexico's territory was closer to a third rather than a half.

Also the percentage of Mexico's population was 2% and they were outnumbered in that territory by non-citizens. There were more Indians than Mexicans, they did not want to be Mexican. The US got a lot of help against the Mexicans from the Indian tribes who wanted indeendence.

There was also a growing Latino seccessionist movement on the part of many of those who were Mexican citizens. Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua and Costa Rica had all been part of Mexico after independence and proceeded to secede. There were increasing calls for Northern Independence.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Richard :

Thanks for post.

There were also many American adventurers trying to annex Central America. Many of them fought battles there but lost. And the U. S. Presidents were not so enthusiastic to support the adventurers.

I have seen and read some American books written before Teddy Roosevelt and in his time, asking for the annexation of those territories of Central America and those of Northern South America, that is for the annexation of the Andean Countries, by force if necessary.

But my main point in the leading post was that the best Metaphor for Latin America is not

PERSONALISM, CLIENTELISM, MESIANISM, POPULISM, DEMAGOGUERY,

but INFERIORITY, because it has been raped many times.

That produces a mentality of Internalized INFERIORITY.

and since the USA is in a Rampage of FTAs then we are going to

have one prompted by GREED and EGOISM.

But this is not good for progress or friendship.

This is going to produce the starvation or death of many people.

Deforestation and Destruction of the Environment.

Emigration, Immigration and the Discredit of American Foreign Policy.

We are better off without this leonine and abusive pact.

Vicente Duque