Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Nahhhww. Just happy to see my Senators doing the right thing.

D.W.
    D.W.

Oh oh, Mike McGavick from Washington? He's running against incumbent Maria Cant(vote)well! And she's straightline Dem., pro-illegal all the way. I've got to go check this out!
    Americans First!

This is bad, this is very bad. I can't vote for either. Cantwell claims she's all about securing our borders but votes against the fence and financing it, against English as our national language, and for letting illegals have all the benefits.
    I'm glad I checked. A tv ad I heard from McGavick sounded like he was on our side but this from his website says different.

http://www.mikemcgavick.com/pressrelease.asp?prid=102

He is taking quite a beating on his blog, tho.
    Americans First!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeOfTheBrave
    This is bad, this is very bad. I can't vote for either. Cantwell claims she's all about securing our borders but votes against the fence and financing it, against English as our national language, and for letting illegals have all the benefits.
    I'm glad I checked. A tv ad I heard from McGavick sounded like he was on our side but this from his website says different.

http://www.mikemcgavick.com/pressrelease.asp?prid=102

Guess as someone said a month or two ago, Washinton state is lost, also.
    I don't know. Here's his Immigration page from his website:

We need an overhaul of our nation’s immigration system that begins with securing our borders.
    It is imperative that our nation’s borders are secured against terrorist attack, against illegal drug trafficking and against illegal immigration.

The tragic 9/11 attacks revealed a complacency in our border security that can no longer be tolerated. Counterterrorism efforts require full integration of vital national security functions as a frontline defense against those who mean to do us harm.

In addition, illegal drug trafficking—especially methamphetamine—and illegal immigration impose costs on our resources at the local and state level.

A secure border paves the way for an effective guest worker program.
    About 40 percent of Washington state’s farm, forestry and fishing industry workers are undocumented immigrants. It is these industries where guest worker programs can work effectively. These illegal immigrants are fulfilling a need in our economy by working in industries that rely on seasonal labor. Washington’s agriculture industry and other economies need a flexible guest worker program to fulfill their labor needs now and in the near future.

Once a secure and effective guest worker program is in place, employers can be held accountable for hiring illegal workers. But, they need the tools to properly identify their workforce first—tools they do not have currently.

A rigorous path to citizenship should be created.
    The hardest question we face is what to do with the millions of immigrants already here illegally. This mass of people is really two groups. For the first group, those who have been in the country for some time and who are a part of our communities, a path to citizenship that includes the payment of back taxes, a requirement to learn English, and other economic penalties for laws that have been broken should be implemented. However, that path must place them at the back of the immigration line. Breaking American laws does not earn amnesty or the ability to jump ahead of those already seeking legal immigration. Those who have just arrived hoping for amnesty will have to go back to their country of origin and apply to become a guest worker or seek legal immigration.

We must welcome highly skilled workers to maintain American competitiveness.
    We need smart immigration policies that allow us to put out the welcome mat to highly skilled foreign students trained in U.S. universities in the math and science fields. In a global economy, it is imperative that we attract the best and the brightest of all students—both foreign and domestic. I propose that student visa laws be modified to put skilled foreign students, who commit to work in the United States or who will teach here, on a fast track to U.S. residency. And as long as I can protect against games that lower wages, I would allow unlimited knowledge worker visas.
    I've seen better, but I've also seen much worse. If he's committed to these policies, then he's a lot better on immigration than most politicians.

For the first group, those who have been in the country for some time and who are a part of our communities, a path to citizenship that includes the payment of back taxes, a requirement to learn English, and other economic penalties for laws that have been broken should be implemented.
    Sounds like anmesty to me. He doesn't call it that of course and doesn't stipulate how long "some time" is. He could be going for votes because he's heard we're upset about the Senate bill.

And what's all this about?

“I am thrilled to announce the launch of the Hispanic Steering Committee,” Mike said. “It is of great importance to me that I build upon the wisdom of people from all communities throughout our state so that we can craft national policy that benefits all Washingtonians.”

Mike has been working with members of the Latino community, including the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, for several months.
    Americans First!

And...

Mike talked with the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and later toured El Centro De La Raza, a wonderful organization that provides an array of supportive social services.
    http://www.elcentrodelaraza.com/news/centro.htm

Nope, I can't vote for him.
    Americans First!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeOfTheBrave
    For the first group, those who have been in the country for some time and who are a part of our communities, a path to citizenship that includes the payment of back taxes, a requirement to learn English, and other economic penalties for laws that have been broken should be implemented.
    Sounds like anmesty to me. He doesn't call it that of course and doesn't stipulate how long "some time" is. He could be going for votes because he's heard we're upset about the Senate bill.

And what's all this about?

[quote:154sy36f]“I am thrilled to announce the launch of the Hispanic Steering Committee,” Mike said. “It is of great importance to me that I build upon the wisdom of people from all communities throughout our state so that we can craft national policy that benefits all Washingtonians.”

Mike has been working with members of the Latino community, including the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, for several months.
    [/quote:154sy36f]
    He does say that they would have to go to the "back of the line" behind other applicants for citizenship. If the experience of some of my buddies from England are any indication, that would mean that they would have a wait of a number of years.

I don't understand this idea that we shouldn't just deport their sorry arses, though. When we arrest other criminals, we don't agonize over how strong their "roots in the community" are, we just send them to the big house. I would think that being forced to leave the country and sell whatever you can't take with you is not too heavy a penalty for violating the sovereignty of another country. But then I'm not a political piggy slurping slop from the public feed trough and relying on the illicit votes of non-Americans to keep the gravy train running, either.

OMG, HomeOfTheBrave!

Talk about the rock and hard spot.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

GOING TO THE BACK OF THE LINE
    simply means ..........PENCE PLAN with little Ellis Islands all over the place and they walk in, sign a few papers and walk right back out again.

PENCE PLAN!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    GOING TO THE BACK OF THE LINE
    simply means ..........PENCE PLAN with little Ellis Islands all over the place and they walk in, sign a few papers and walk right back out again.

PENCE PLAN!!!
    Yeah, that seems to be the drift. I honestly don't think that these politicians comprehend the level of voter anger. Most of them spend very little time in the real world that you and I share. I'm afraid that it's going to take some serious backlash of the Boston Teaparty sort before we get their attention in any meaningful way.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast