Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Latinos Recall Pattern of Attacks Before Long Island Killing

Latinos Recall Pattern of Attacks Before Long Island Killing
    Damon Winter/The New York Times

Sergio Yanza said youths threw sticks and rocks at him while he sat on his porch with friends.

By ANNE BARNARD
    Published: January 8, 2009

PATCHOGUE, N.Y. — Carlos Orellana, a construction worker from Ecuador, was walking home from work in this small Long Island town on July 14, he said, when about a dozen teenage boys on bicycles knocked him to the ground and kicked and beat him, shouting, “Go back to Mexico.â€

Reports of Attacks on Immigrants in Patchogue

By ANNE BARNARD, LINDSEY MCCORMACK and KAREN ZRAICK
    Published: January 8, 2009

The following accounts were given to The New York Times by Hispanic men in Patchogue who said they had experienced or witnessed attacks or harassment by groups of teenagers. Most of the attacks took place over the past two years. The interviewees spoke in Spanish if they preferred.

The accounts could not be independently verified in most cases.

The Suffolk County police were given details of all the allegations, both the reported crimes and the complaints about the police response. Police Commissioner Richard Dormer said that he could not comment on most individual cases because the department was conducting an audit of all police reports filed in the past year to see whether a pattern had been missed.

Speaking generally, he said that the police investigate all crimes thoroughly and promptly, that they classify hate crimes where warranted and that they pursue charges against minors as aggressively as they would charges against adults.

Attacks by Youths

NAMES Carlos Bonegas, 26. Came from Ecuador in 2001.

Carlos Chuchuca, 27. Came from Ecuador in 2002.

DATE July 2008, about midnight on a weekend night.

COMPLAINT Mr. Bonegas and Mr. Chuchuca were walking home from a late dinner on Main Street when they were attacked by a group of teenagers on the corner of Ocean Avenue. Mr. Bonegas was punched in the lip, and Mr. Chuchuca was kicked in the face. “They attacked us without saying anything,â€

If the Federal, state and local governments had been enforcing the laws against illegal immigration this problem would never have arised.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Why is there no outrage when American Citizens are beaten ,Raped ,killed ! ! !

Unfortunately it is only going to get worse for the illegals. I do not condone the violence against them but I wonder where is the outrage when it happens to Americans. I guess as Americans we must accept it because if we dont we are racist bigots. Go figure!!!
    "Ask not what your country can do for you but ask what you can do for your country"-John F. Kennedy

How much of this is victim propaganda in order to make us feel sorry for illegals and give them amnesty? There are always two sides to a story-we are only hearing one. I also wonder how much of this is exaggerated.

I'm predicting that the propaganda for illegals is only going to expand until the next amnesty attempt. My guess is that we'll be seeing hundreds more stories like these all over the country.

Maybe I'm wrong in my statements above but I've gotten to the point where I'm very skeptical of any news story about illegal victims.