Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Latinos snivel about sheriff's plan to ID jailed invaders

http://www2.dailybulletin.com/news/ci_2971057

Is there any doubt as to who's side they are on?

Jail plan raises concern
    Latinos say unit not right answer
    Brenda Gazzar, Staff Writer

Latino leaders told San Bernardino County Sheriff Gary Penrod on Wednesday that his plan to identify inmates in the country illegally and ultimately deport them could hurt relations between his department and the Latino community.

Penrod's proposal creates a nine-member civilian unit to help immigration officials identify and process criminal illegal immigrants in custody at West Valley Detention Center in Rancho Cucamonga.

County officials say the plan, which was unanimously approved by the Board of Supervisors earlier this month, will reduce the recidivism rate and garner increased federal funding for housing illegal immigrants in custody by providing a more accurate number of immigration violators.

"The Sheriff's Department has over recent years improved the relationship with the Hispanic community, and I sense, at this moment, this could be a step back in building that relationship," said Carlos I. Giralt Cabrales, the consul general of Mexico in San Bernardino, following the meeting.

"Because of fear, probably people won't call the Sheriff's Department as freely as they do now if they fear that ... a group of officers is doing a job related to immigration" and will inquire about their legal status. {Of criminals who are already in jail idiot}

County officials estimate that they book at least 750 criminal illegal immigrants per month at West Valley at the cost of more than $980,000 a month, or $11.7 million a year.

Penrod's proposal, allowed under a 1996 provision of the law, still has to be negotiated and approved by federal officials.

Other leaders at Wednesday's private meeting said they are concerned with plans to apply the program to those who are booked, but not yet convicted of any crime.

Los Angeles County's plan, which has been approved by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement but not yet implemented, will apply to foreign-born inmates already convicted of crimes.

Some, like Graciano Gomez, said he understood the need for Penrod's plan, but said it should apply to only those illegal immigrants convicted of serious offenses.

"We do have people out there, who are honest, who are caught with minor offenses," said Gomez, publisher and editor of San Bernardino-based Inland Empire Hispanic News, after the meeting. "We don't want them to be labeled career criminals. ... The average immigrant is hard working." {blah, blah, blah same old snake oil these traitors try to spew everytime one of these criminals is given his comeuppance}

It makes sense to identify people as soon as they are arrested, so people can be deported more quickly, said sheriff's spokeswoman Robin Haynal.

"If they are here illegally, then they are going to be identified and deported if they are in our jail system," she said.

Emilio Amaya, executive director of the nonprofit San Bernardino Community Service Center, Inc., agreed that those with minor offenses should not be placed in deportation proceedings. He added that many immigrants and migrants want to come here legally but have no legal avenue to do so. For this reason, comprehensive immigration reform must be addressed on a national level, he said. {amnesty, the same old garbage that these traitors are obessed with that 90 percent of the American public rejects}

Amaya added that he fears that the civilian employees, which will be trained and supervised by Immigration and Customs Enforcement the largest investigative arm of the Department of Homeland Security could use racial profiling in identifying inmates with immigration violations since "Latinos are the only ones assumed to be here without documents." {Good, I've been saying for years that racial profiling is absolutely necessary. 90 percent of all illegal immigrants are latino. Too bad, so sad. See ya}

Inmate interviews are not based on ethnicity, but whether an inmate is born in the country, which is declared to jail officials at the time of booking, said Virginia Kice, a Laguna Niguel-based ICE spokeswoman.

"It's our hope that additional personnel being used to screen criminal aliens in jails will ensure that fewer people end up back on the street and more are being deported," Kice said.

Attendees of Wednesday's meeting, which was organized by Penrod, praised the sheriff and his department for their willingness to listen and address community concerns.

"There was a lot of open, frank discussion, regarding all aspects of the proposal," Gomez said.

Sheriff's officials say the discussions about the plan with community leaders will continue.

Brenda Gazzar can be reached by e-mail at brenda.gazzar@dailybulletin.com or by phone at (909) 483-9355.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It makes sense to identify people as soon as they are arrested, so people can be deported more quickly, said sheriff's spokeswoman Robin Haynal.

"If they are here illegally, then they are going to be identified and deported if they are in our jail system," she said.
    I have not one problem with these. This is the way it should be. Send them on home. They have already broken laws, by being here illegally and if there arrested that means there is a good chance they have broken more laws other then breaking into our country.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

"We do have people out there, who are honest, who are caught with minor offenses," said Gomez, publisher and editor of San Bernardino-based Inland Empire Hispanic News, after the meeting.
    I don't think Mr. Gomez realizes what a moronic statement this is.
    (If you were truly honest, you wouldn't be caught with ANY offense).
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!

Amaya added that he fears that the civilian employees, which will be trained and supervised by Immigration and Customs Enforcement the largest investigative arm of the Department of Homeland Security could use racial profiling in identifying inmates with immigration violations since "Latinos are the only ones assumed to be here without documents." {Good, I've been saying for years that racial profiling is absolutely necessary. 90 percent of all illegal immigrants are latino. Too bad, so sad. See ya}
    I agree, the same goes for the airports, it is absolute insanity to frisk babies and elderly women with walkers when it is illegal to stop more than two, yes two Middle Eastern men or you will get sued for racial profiling.

Thank you Norm Minetta.

"The Sheriff's Department has over recent years improved the relationship with the Hispanic community, and I sense, at this moment, this could be a step back in building that relationship," said Carlos I. Giralt Cabrales, the consul general of Mexico in San Bernardino, following the meeting.

"Because of fear, probably people won't call the Sheriff's Department as freely as they do now if they fear that ... a group of officers is doing a job related to immigration" and will inquire about their legal status. {Of criminals who are already in jail idiot}
    I thought the Sheriff was elected to uphold the law, I didn't know he was in public relations . . .

drug dealers don't call the Sheriff either -- because they have something to hide. . .

these people want it both ways -- they want to be protected under the law but not prosecuted
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"