Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

As long as we have "Good Hair Perry' as Gov here in TX, nothing will change. He is another Booosh. I have noticed even in our smaller town here that there are more of them hanging around day labor sites now. ICE could pick any day of the week and stop cars on I35 through here and have a field day. Texas needs to wake up...
    "We are being destroyed from within"

Texas contacts

Contact form for Dallas Mayor and Council Members............
    http://www.ci.dallas.tx.us/forms/mcc/MCC_Mail_Form.htm

Houston Mayor...............
    mayor@cityofhouston.net

Houston Police Chief (who refused free ICE training)
    harold.hurtt@cityofhouston.net

Even if they flee to a santuary city, there is not enough work for most of them. Especially with the housing slump. There will be nowhere for them to go but home. Attrition through enforcement and it's best. The more they flood santuary cities the madder the citizens will get and the city will be forced to implement tough illegal immigration laws too!

I have to say my favorite post from the original Houston Chronicle article was this by freshairNsunshine:

[NOTE this first part in quotes is from another poster]
    "~~~The white Anglo population of Texas did not "boom" until about 1920, when the oil industry brought Yankee immigrants to Texas. The Anglo population of Texas has doubled since 1975, as folks fleeing unemployment, child support payments, and bankruptcy in Michigan, Ohio, and New York fled to Texas.
    So, if Texas is "over populated", the folks who got here LAST are the white Anglos, especially the white Anglos who have come to Texas in the past thirty years, are the problem. "Immigrants Go Home"...okay...but let's start with the last major group to arrive: the white Anglo's from outside Texas who have arrived since 1975.~~~

[Here's the GREAT response] Not quite sure where you're getting your history but the Anglos got here way before 1920. Matter of fact, the Mexican government gave much of the land we now know as Texas to any white families who were willing to come and cultivate the harsh terrain and basically make something out of it. It was land that no Mexican wanted to touch...nothing would grow there. They couldn't raise their cattle there...it was a desert full of scrub and dust and rocks. That was back in the very early 1800s. Then long about the late 1830s to early 1840s or so the Mexicans saw that the white Anglo settlers were of such hearty stock that they were able to do in 4 short decades what the Mexicans had not been able to do in centuries of trying. And the Mexicans decided they wanted the land back."

Now before you go calling me a racist and whatever other names you can think of, I challenge you to go to any County Clerk's office in this state, particularly those in South Texas and Central Texas and search the Deed Records back to the sovereignty of the soil (as I have done). There you will most assuredly find the land grants from the Mexican Government to the Anglo settlers who came and made something out of Texas, only to have the Mexicans decide they wanted it back.

And if the Texans (as they came to be known) would not give it back willingly then they would send their army to take it back. And the rest, as they say, is history.

History that can be proven. (Just so you know, No News, recorded documents are very hard to refute -- they are pretty much as historical as you can get -- there is no way that anyone can put their own spin on them -- they are what they are -- just wanted to let you know that.)
    I have to wholeheartedly AGREE with his. My great aunt spent over 50 years of her life researching our family tree, and our family has been in Dallas since the 1850's. They were a white farm family that settled on a gigantic farm out in what is now Denton (or was it Lancaster, I forget).

Dallas WAS settled with several groups of white farming families at that time. And their major problem was range wars with the Native Americans living in the area. THAT was part of the reason the Mexican's didn't want to live in Texas, was not only was it a desert and tough to grow crops in, but unfortunately they had to outlive the Native Americans in the area as well. (I never knew Dallas had such a rich, and sad, Native American history until recently. Sad due to the killings on both sides -- white Americans and Native Americans.) The land of Texas was only worth something to the Mexicans once A) they made the land flourish, and B) all the Native Americans were driven away. THAT'S when the Mexican army tried to take back Texas.

TexasGal

I think there were a few my company hired. They got chased away before Jan 1.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGal
    I have to say my favorite post from the original Houston Chronicle article was this by freshairNsunshine:

[NOTE this first part in quotes is from another poster]
    "~~~The white Anglo population of Texas did not "boom" until about 1920, when the oil industry brought Yankee immigrants to Texas. The Anglo population of Texas has doubled since 1975, as folks fleeing unemployment, child support payments, and bankruptcy in Michigan, Ohio, and New York fled to Texas.
    So, if Texas is "over populated", the folks who got here LAST are the white Anglos, especially the white Anglos who have come to Texas in the past thirty years, are the problem. "Immigrants Go Home"...okay...but let's start with the last major group to arrive: the white Anglo's from outside Texas who have arrived since 1975.~~~

[Here's the GREAT response] Not quite sure where you're getting your history but the Anglos got here way before 1920. Matter of fact, the Mexican government gave much of the land we now know as Texas to any white families who were willing to come and cultivate the harsh terrain and basically make something out of it. It was land that no Mexican wanted to touch...nothing would grow there. They couldn't raise their cattle there...it was a desert full of scrub and dust and rocks. That was back in the very early 1800s. Then long about the late 1830s to early 1840s or so the Mexicans saw that the white Anglo settlers were of such hearty stock that they were able to do in 4 short decades what the Mexicans had not been able to do in centuries of trying. And the Mexicans decided they wanted the land back."

Now before you go calling me a racist and whatever other names you can think of, I challenge you to go to any County Clerk's office in this state, particularly those in South Texas and Central Texas and search the Deed Records back to the sovereignty of the soil (as I have done). There you will most assuredly find the land grants from the Mexican Government to the Anglo settlers who came and made something out of Texas, only to have the Mexicans decide they wanted it back.

And if the Texans (as they came to be known) would not give it back willingly then they would send their army to take it back. And the rest, as they say, is history.

History that can be proven. (Just so you know, No News, recorded documents are very hard to refute -- they are pretty much as historical as you can get -- there is no way that anyone can put their own spin on them -- they are what they are -- just wanted to let you know that.)
    I have to wholeheartedly AGREE with his. My great aunt spent over 50 years of her life researching our family tree, and our family has been in Dallas since the 1850's. They were a white farm family that settled on a gigantic farm out in what is now Denton (or was it Lancaster, I forget).

Dallas WAS settled with several groups of white farming families at that time. And their major problem was range wars with the Native Americans living in the area. THAT was part of the reason the Mexican's didn't want to live in Texas, was not only was it a desert and tough to grow crops in, but unfortunately they had to outlive the Native Americans in the area as well. (I never knew Dallas had such a rich, and sad, Native American history until recently. Sad due to the killings on both sides -- white Americans and Native Americans.) The land of Texas was only worth something to the Mexicans once A) they made the land flourish, and B) all the Native Americans were driven away. THAT'S when the Mexican army tried to take back Texas.

TexasGal
    Kind of like it is today. Mexicans do not want to work hard for themselves. They would rather someone else do all the hard work, then they expect to move in and take over. THAT'S why their country is such a cesspool.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

During the time(the beggining) the Americans were making something out of the Texas soil. the "Dust Bowl" was created.
    So that shows how useless the land was in the beginning.
    ------------------------

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12