Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

LAWSUIT AGAINST SAN DIEGO MINUTEMEN FOUNDER DISMISSED

* It is not the story that is important here, but the comments. We all know the San Diego Minutemen have their share of controversy. It does appear that the lawsuits against them have had no merit. This is at least the second lawsuit against them that has been quietly dismissed.
    R/ Skip

Lawsuit against San Diego Minutemen founder dismissed

By: SCOTT MARSHALL - North County Times
    SAN DIEGO / RIVERSIDE COUNTY, CALIFORNIA
    December 28, 2007

VISTA -- A Superior Court judge has dismissed a lawsuit that a former spokeswoman for the San Diego Minutemen filed against the anti-illegal immigration group's founder, court records showed.

Judge Michael Orfield dismissed the case in September after Christie Czajkowski, who filed the lawsuit, failed to appear in court for hearings scheduled in August and September.

Attorneys for Jeff Schwilk, founder of the San Diego Minutemen, also had asked Orfield to dismiss the case because Czajkowski had not responded to their requests for information even though Orfield had ordered her to do so.

Filed in March, Czajkowski's lawsuit alleged that Schwilk "beat, struck, punched, dragged and battered" her in a Feb. 4 incident at his home. Czajkowski was asking $700,000 in damages. Schwilk has called the allegations in the lawsuit "lies and false statements" and in a court document denied all Czajkowski's claims.

The same Feb. 4 incident also prompted Schwilk to obtain a temporary restraining order against Czajkowski, but a judge declined at a hearing in March to extend the order.

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/12 ... _27_07.txt

Comments On This Story

Note: Comments reflect the views of readers and not necessarily those of the North County Times or its staff.

American Mike wrote on Dec 27, 2007 11:37 PM:
    " Me First! As fast as articles jump around here, you'd better act quickly.
    That lawsuit, and it's accompanying complaint was a farce to begin with. ... Justice prevails, everyone is happy. "

To NCT wrote on Dec 28, 2007 8:54 AM:
    " Why didn't Sifuentes write this piece?He did the original "smerar" story and should write the apology. Better yet both Sifuentes and the North County Times owes Jeff Schwilk and apology "in print". The Media is so quick to "brand" but yet slow to never on admitting they were wrong. Maybe what everyone says is correct, the Times has an agenda. "

And this is news,why? wrote on Dec 28, 2007 9:50 AM:
    " This happened in Sept. and you are just now reporting on it. What is yur agenda NCT? "

Case of a woman scorned wrote on Dec 28, 2007 10:03 AM:
    " I thought this might be the case. much ado about nothing. "

Another Slow news day Huh? wrote on Dec 28, 2007 10:49 AM:
    " NCT you should be ashamed. Seems as if you have a smear campaign agenda against anyone who opposes illegal immigration. Maybe your tone will change when someone on your staff becomes a victim of illegal immigration, like Amy Kortlang whom was killed by a drunk illegal alien driver deported many times before and had many DUI's on his record. Wake up NCT! "

Why are you censoring? wrote on Dec 28, 2007 11:03 AM:
    " Since you are writing about the MM, why don't you write about the results of the court case of the MM ... at the Fallbrook church? Are you going to censor this comment also? Why? What is your agenda NCT? The case is done. Public record however you censor. Why? [Editor's note: See today's story, Man pleads guilty to vandalism at protest] " http://nctimes.com/articles/2007/12/28/ ... _27_07.txt

WHY NCT wrote on Dec 28, 2007 11:06 AM:
    " are you so fixated on smearing anyone who opposes illegal immigration. This is not a story by any means. This suit is so dated, I question your motive for printing this sooooo..... after the fact. Geeeez. "

Case didn't go forward because it was lies? wrote on Dec 28, 2007 11:07 AM:
    " Gee, why would someone fill a complaint saying these "horrible" things happen to them and then not follow through? And the news media bit.LOL! "

Just to be clear! wrote on Dec 28, 2007 11:53 AM:
    " Come on now-The way you censored the 11:03 blog, one might think the MM was the one that plead guilty (if they don't read the other article). Just to be clear, the MM was the one who claims he was assaulted and the other man plead guilty to vandalism for destroying the MM's camera and is now on probation for 3 years. "

Glad to see this! wrote on Dec 28, 2007 12:06 PM:
    " I remember this whole fiasco that created a media frenzy. Glad to see it fizzled out but I would question why you would reiterate the obviously false charges especially after it was dismissed 3 months ago? Hmm, wonder if someone has an agenda or if they were trying to vindicate this man. "

Feud among San Diego Minutemen erupts by Edward Sifuentes wrote on Dec 28, 2007 12:13 PM:
    http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/02 ... 2_7_07.txt I love it when the newspaper does a follow-up. r/ Skip "

Zzzzzz wrote on Dec 28, 2007 12:19 PM:
    " is this story a snore-fest or what? "

Thanks Skip wrote on Dec 28, 2007 12:33 PM:
    " Went and checked out the story. This is what it was about? This is news? The woman says he pushed her out of his house,so? I don't see the "beat,struck, dragged or battered" part. Here is your previous article: "In documents filed in court, Schwilk alleges Czajkowski showed up uninvited at his home during a Super Bowl party. He said he asked her to leave after she went into his office and turned on his computer without his permission.
    "I found her, we argued and I told her to leave my house repeatedly," he wrote in a statement about the incident. "She refused. She began filming me and harassing. I physically removed her."
    The two said they dated for a while but ended their relationship weeks ago. Czajkowski said she was invited to the party and was about to retrieve her keys when he grabbed her and PUSHED her down the hall." Gee, big deal! I think this kind of stuff probably happens hundreds of times each day here in the county. "

To: Why are you censoring? wrote on Dec 28, 2007 1:27 PM:
    " Fallbrook has always been the "step child" to the NCT. Charles Manson could move here and it would barely get one paragraph if printed at all. That is why the residents of Fallbrook have no idea what happens in their own community so naturally the story about the attack against the innocent Minuteman would barely get attention. "

Skip wrote on Dec 28, 2007 2:20 PM:
    " And who could forget Joanne Yoon who filed suit against the two men alleging she was "offended" by comments the two men are alleged to have made calling her an "ACLU slut. http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/03 ... 204215.txt I tried to find the outcome of this lawsuit in the NCT, but with no luck. "

Seems this Scwilk guy should sue back! wrote on Dec 28, 2007 2:30 PM:
    " From what I see on TV, the MM are always called racists. Doesn't that demean their character? It sounds alot more slanderous than the slut comment. I think the "r" word is even put on posters. So I guess they should sue all the open border supporters for slandering and demeaning them. Sounds only fair and just to me! "

Add Your Comments or Letter to the Editor

Man pleads guilty to vandalism at protest

By: SCOTT MARSHALL - North County Times
    SAN DIEGO / RIVERSIDE COUNTY, CALIFORNIA
    December 28, 2007

VISTA -- A Fallbrook man has pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of vandalism of less than $400 for damaging an anti-illegal immigration activist's camera in an altercation at a protest outside a church, court records show.

Fernando Guardado, 52, did not appear in court, but his attorney submitted a form signed by Guardado to plead guilty at a hearing Dec. 11. In exchange for the plea, prosecutors dropped a misdemeanor battery charge.

Superior Court Judge David Rubin placed Guardado on probation for three years and ordered him to pay $452 in fines and fees and complete 40 hours of volunteer work by April 9.

The charges against Guardado stemmed from a July 14 incident outside St. Peter's Catholic Church in Fallbrook. The San Diego Minutemen, an anti-illegal immigration group, had held several rallies near the church to oppose a hiring site for day laborers that exists there.

Cedric Kiani Garcia, 50, a Minutemen member, alleged that Guardado got out of his sport-utility vehicle, grabbed for Garcia's camera, struck Garcia's nose and destroyed the $900 camera.

Guardado alleged that he reached for the camera to "get it out of my face," but never hit Garcia's nose. Guardado alleged that Garcia sprayed him with Mace as soon as he touched the camera.

http://nctimes.com/articles/2007/12/28/ ... _27_07.txt

Comments On This Story

Note: Comments reflect the views of readers and not necessarily those of the North County Times or its staff.

Illegal alien supporter goes wild! wrote on Dec 28, 2007 11:57 AM:
    " The man pleads guilty for going after a person who is standing there filming him. Last time I checked, there is nothing wrong with filming. Why the attack? "

Censor... Censor wrote on Dec 28, 2007 1:31 PM:
    " I see the NCT is up to their usual par on this story. "

Greg in Oceanside wrote on Dec 28, 2007 2:04 PM:
    " Hmmmm, things don't quite add up. Guardado gets physical with Garcia, punches him and breaks his $900 camera. According to the article all Guardado has to pay is $452 in fines? Seems like Guardado got off easy. I'm wondering why Guardado doesn't have to pay Garcia $900 for a new camera on top of the fines and fees. Also, why was Guardado so angry? It certainly begs the question; Is Fernando Guardado an illegal alien and/or a supporter of illegal immigration? If Guardado is an illegal alien he should have been deported. "

Think the $452 are court fees? wrote on Dec 28, 2007 2:24 PM:
    " I believe the $452 was only the court fees and fines not the actual damages. I think damages are usually settled at another hearing. "

Ever hear of small claims wrote on Dec 28, 2007 2:40 PM:
    " court? That is where the camera will be repaid. Fist the judgment, then the abstract and then Mr. Guardado can be in a world of hurt! "

Add Your Comments or Letter to the Editor

Superior Court Judge David Rubin placed Guardado on probation for three years and ordered him to pay $452 in fines and fees and complete 40 hours of volunteer work by April 9.
    What about restitution for the $900 camera?
    The flag flies at half-mast out of grief for the death of my beautiful, formerly-free America. May God have mercy on your souls.
    RIP USA 7/4/1776 - 11/04/2008