Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

At Least 56 Arrested in Immigration Raids at McDonald's

DO YOU WANT FRIES WITH THAT................MCDONALDS RAID--

RENO, Nev — Federal agents raided 11 McDonald's restaurants in northern Nevada and made dozens of arrests Thursday as part of an investigation into illegal immigration.

Agents for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement made at least 56 arrests in Reno, Sparks and Fernley after raids at the restaurants and a franchise corporate headquarters in Reno, agency spokesman Richard Rocha said.

"They are people suspected of being in the country illegally. As far as I know, they were all McDonald's employees," he told The Associated Press.

The investigation began five months ago and was sparked by an identity theft complaint, Rocha said. A local law enforcement agency then gave ICE information that illegal immigrants were working at specific McDonald's restaurants, he said.

Luther Mack, who owns at least some of the restaurants that were raided, insisted that his businesses require employees to provide documentation.

"As an employer, I do not knowingly hire or employ undocumented or unauthorized workers," Mack said in a statement.

Lisa Howard, a spokeswoman for McDonald's Corp., based in Oak Brook, Ill., said the company had no comment on the arrests.

"This is a local situation with a local operator," she said.

The raids drew immediate criticism from Reno Mayor Bob Cashell and activists, who estimated the number of arrests to be closer to 100.

The mayor joined a news conference area Hispanic leaders and members of the American Civil Liberties Union called in front of the federal courthouse late Thursday.

"We don't approve of the Gestapo methods ICE is using," said Gilbert Cortez, a Latino leader who urged Hispanic workers to stay home from work in protest Friday.

Cashell, a Republican and former lieutenant governor, said that if identity theft was involved, that was wrong, and that he opposed a protest that would keep workers at home on Friday.

He said he would contact Nevada's congressional delegation and ask the city council to look into the raids. He said that he opposes illegal immigration, as well as immunity for illegal immigrants, but that "there has to be a better way to do this."

"Think of some of the people who were arrested and picked up; they have children. They don't know where their mama or their daddy is. That's not right."

ICE was working with Washoe County social services to help provide care for children, Rocha said. The detainees were allowed to telephone their family during the processing, he said.

The workers arrested were being processed Thursday night and will be transferred to an unidentified local detention center to await deportation proceedings, Rocha said.

The ICE has made several raids in recent months, including large ones at meatpacker Swift & Co., poultry plant Crider Inc. and leather factory Michael Bianco Inc.

Social service advocates said arrests in March at the Michael Bianco factory in New Bedford, Mass., created a humanitarian crisis, with some children left with no one to care for them.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,298396,00.html
    I will always Stand by the Eagle, I will never betray the Eagle, I am loyal to the Eagle!

"Think of some of the people who were arrested and picked up; they have children. They don't know where their mama or their daddy is. That's not right."

why aren't the parents looking after the 'kids'? it is illegal to just hop a fence then demand to be taken care of by a foreign country and then when caught push the kids out front and cower behind them! these are NOT people of high morals they are users. no one with morals stands behind their kids for protection!!

Heck don't leave them home alone pick them up before they cost more us taxpayers money..
    We don't approve of the Gestapo methods ICE is using," said Gilbert Cortez, a Latino leader who urged Hispanic workers to stay home from work in protest Friday.

I have seen mexicans in kitchens across the country, We usually leave if we spot them in kitchens. We are a little leary of the diseases T.B. and other 3rd world diseases that can be spread. It should be mandatory for them all to be tested and have shots and have the restaurants pay if caught having them in their restaurants working. When they are picked up.

posylady
    Absolutely correct...and this is why I do not eat in many places...and after reading a post on a forum ...that illegals should give Americans Montezuma Revenge...well that was enough for me...not to mention someone who doesn't know they have brought some horrible disease from God knows where...No thanks ...I will cook my own food...
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

"We don't approve of the Gestapo methods ICE is using," said Gilbert Cortez, a Latino leader who urged Hispanic workers to stay home from work in protest Friday.
    How dare you!!!! Our ICE employees are arresting criminals who don't belong here, not some innocent victims! You have some brass Mr. Cortez!!!! And stop acting like children are being left behind, provisions are being made to see that doesn't happen!

I'm glad. Maybe some American teenagers will now be able to find a job. Or some older person will be able to work, because the cost of living has pushed them out of hopes to enjoy their "Golden Years". Whichever, it is better that Americans are employed than illegal aliens.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote-

Is this mayor serious? What about the children of police officers who are killed by illegal aliens who have been repeatedly deported? Their mama or daddy is never coming back.

What about citizens who are killed by illegal aliens driving drunk? Their children are now motherless, fatherless or both. Does this mayor care about those kids?

The Americans that were MURDERED by illegals, were murdered by no fault of their own. If an illegal is picked up in a raid and they are separated from their kids for a few days, it is because the illegal broke the law and gave no consideration as to how that would affect their child. So sorry, Mr. Mayor, I have no sympathy for them.