Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Orta said he worries that negative sentiment toward illegal immigrants will breed ill feelings toward all immigrants.
    Orta is just running his head. He's trying to rally support for the illegal aliens. He's attempting to victimize all immigrants so his illegals will have a leg to stand on. Can't fool us with that one because we know the difference between illegal alien and immigrant.

I will say that many Spanish speakers along the border have aided and harbored illegal immigrants and continue to do so. The people defending the illegals are a fine example. Let's look at that nasty little councilman in Maywood that is a slum lord. Who is he renting to? Illegal Aliens.

Who is hiring non-English speaking illegal aliens or renting to them? Could it be Spanish speakers?

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Guess i should have posted the source for this...sorry

http://www.newsok.com/article/2963468
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

Harboring Illegal Aliens

Dixie,

Food for thought. Maybe some of the legal immigrants harboring illegal immigrants came here illegally, then gained legal status and citizenship through amnesty.

Most Latinos I've met who are from respectable conservative families won't have anything to do with illegal immigration, but I'm sure there's others who would help illegal immigrants.

As for gangs like the Mara Salvatrucha (MS-13) they have no qualms about smuggling illegal immigrants or drugs, none whatsoever. They are probably more ruthless than the mafia, and there are credible reports of Al Qaeda having contact with MS-13. MS-13 would be the people to ask for help smuggling terrorists into the U.S. Scary thought!
    There are immigrants and there are illegal aliens. An immigrant comes here legally, obeys our laws, assimilates, and the only flags an immigrant waves is an American flag. There's no such thing as an illegal immigrant.

Re: Legal immigrants vow to vote

Quote Originally Posted by kniggit
    Orta said he worries that negative sentiment toward illegal immigrants will breed ill feelings toward all immigrants.
    Then maybe you should stop supporting amnesty and other special treatment for illegal aliens you moron. People like you are the ones breeding the ill feelings towards legal immigrants.

Orta Partly Correct

I am staunchly opposed to illegal immigration and amnesty, but I have to say that Orta is partly right about misdirected backlash against legal immigrants. It does happen at times, though most Americans are fair about distinguising between legal and illegal immigrants.

Most people we've met are very accepting of my legal immigrant wife and daughter, but some are not so nice and a few outright hostile to all immigrants, legal or otherwise. Some state agencies are hostile, and it does result in discrimination at times. We personally have experienced it.

Some of the initiatives designed to deter illegal immigration instead cause hassles for legal immigrants. My wife and step-daughter have been hassled several times and treated as if they're illegal aliens, when they always have followed our immigration laws.

The problems often stem from relying on documents immigration officials understand, but are now being used for purposes never intended when the system was designed, or being checked by personnel who aren't trained to understand the laws and make mistakes that penalize legal immigrants.

For example, Minnesota requires certain documents in order to obtain a drivers license. No drivers licenses for illegal immigrants makes sense, right? However, Minnesota wrote the rules so that certain immigrants who came here as legal nonimmigrants and then applied for adjustment of status to permanent resident and are waiting for green cards cannot get a drivers license if their original visa expired. Some other states made similar mistakes, causing massive headaches for legal aliens.

Motor vehicle's staff do not understand that a recent receipt for adjustment of status application is an immigration document proving lawful presence. CIS often takes up to a year to approve an adjustment application, so meanwhile the hapless legal immigrants can't get a drivers license or other benefits to which they should be entitled.

An illegal immigrant will just go and buy a fake drivers license and be on the road in no time, without taking a test, proving car insurance, etc., while some legal immigrants go through a lot of hassle in following the laws.

Another agency denied benefits, claiming they're non-immigrants because the visas they used to enter the U.S. (fiancé and fiancé dependent) are classified as nonimmigrant. The agency, despite giving them copies of laws, and a web page from immigration stating fiancé/spouses are immigrants, still can't comprehend that a fiancé who marries the citizen petitioner within 90 days of entry becomes a legal immigrant upon the marriage, not 8-12 months later when CIS finally approves the permanent resident status adjustment.

Note that almost every fiancé/spouse goes through a period of time when passport documents, stamps, etc. indicate they overstayed their visa, but if they married as required they are legal immigrants. Other nonimmigrant visas cannot be extended as well, but if the alien has a basis for adjusting status (i.e. marriage to USC) they can apply and while the application is pending they are lawfully present even if their visa expired.

Social Security won't change my wife's name on her social security card, despite providing them with all documentation including a marriage certificate showing her new married name. A citizen can walk into any social security office, show a birth and marriage certificate, and in about three weeks receive a new social security card.

CIS is taking typically two years to process naturilization applications, though under law are obligated to complete processing in 120 days.

We absolutely should not give any illegal aliens amnesty, should strictly enforce our border and immigration laws, and deport illegal immigrants. But with stricter enforcement comes an obligation to treat legal immigrants fairly, avoid mistakes, process applications for permanent residency and citizenship within a reasonable time period, and thoroughly train anyone making decisions that impact a persons rights, government benefits, etc. so that mistakes don't occur.

I support the CLEAR act, empowering state and local law enforcement to enforce immigration law, with one exception. Any law enforcement officer should be thoroughly trained in immigration law before detaining or arresting anyone. The CLEAR act does not require this training, and without adequate training mistakes will be made and legal immigrants will end up in jail waiting for ICE or a judge to find there's been a terrible mistake made.

Existing immigration laws already permit ICE to delegate to state and local law enforcement, but requires adequate training (about five weeks at a cost of around $500 plus the officer's time). Some state and local governments already partner with ICE and are enforcing immigration law. I know the state of Florida is one. Kudos to Florida!
    There are immigrants and there are illegal aliens. An immigrant comes here legally, obeys our laws, assimilates, and the only flags an immigrant waves is an American flag. There's no such thing as an illegal immigrant.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12