Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Liberal Editors across US call for OPEN BORDERS!

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=N ... le&sid=420

Safe and open borders
    5/21/2005
    Boston Globe
    Topics: Amnesty, Guest Worker, Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act, laws, security, rewards for illegal aliens, open borders!

ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS do farm work that puts food on American tables. They clean workplaces. They work in meat-processing plants. They are a policy contradiction: boosting the economy but breaking the law.

Read the latest headlines about illegal immigration.

Last week, Senators Ted Kennedy and John McCain offered some relief by filing the Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act, a model of good policy and good diplomacy. The bill would increase security and reform the law. It unites Democrats and Republicans, and it makes allies of liberals who praise the promise of reform and conservatives who laud the tough enforcement.

A key security feature is improved information-sharing and better coordination between other countries and this country's city, state, and federal governments. The bill also calls for enhanced technology. This is important, but as Sept. 11 showed, better human intelligence is essential. The bill would also give local law enforcement more money to pay for prosecuting illegal immigrants.

The bill would create 400,000 renewable, three-year, temporary visas for foreign workers, offering a rational alternative to sneaking into the country and working in the shadows. Companies could legally hire the workers they need. The visa would be portable, so workers could change jobs. And they could seek protection from workplace abuses or violations of their rights. Companies that continued to hire undocumented workers would face stiffer fines.

Other countries would join the effort, forming immigration pacts with the United States to control the flow of migration. Mexico and the United States would work together to create more healthcare options, for example, so the costs don't fall solely on this country.

A few provisions seem unwise. The bill calls for immigrants to pay a $500 fee for a temporary visa, a sum many are unlikely to have. There would also be a chance to seek permanent legal immigrant status, but only for those who could pay up to several thousand dollars in fees and fines.

The next step is selling the bill in Congress, where some may claim it coddles lawbreakers and encourages terrorists. This false charge should be confronted at every turn. Creating a legal path for migrant workers is not an automatic invitation to greater danger.

Business leaders have a stake in reform because rational laws will help them hire needed workers without breaking the law. And President Bush should add his approval.

Immigration and terrorism are largely separate issues. The events of Sept. 11 do mean that it's crucial for the country to increase security. But the Kennedy-McCain bill shows that safety can co-exist with comprehensive immigration reform.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The editor of the Boston-Globe has obviously been "beer and lobstered" to "brain dead", probably from mercury poisoning from eating too much mercury-infested lobster fed to him by the Kennedy Klan when they called him up and said, "Hey, Bud, we need some help on this Amnesty Act"!!

And what is this $500 for a visa, I thought the document I read said $2000 and the Boston-Globe obviously wants it to be free!!

Well, this is to be expected in Boston, deep in the heart of Kennedy Kountry where that Klan still controls everything and I guess everyone out of respect for the Brother who passed from us tragically but still 42 years ago.

This does however show that much of the Main Stream Newspapers will follow their Global Leaders like good little sheep, with their mouths watering for their share of the bittersweet pill designed sweetly to enrich the wealthy and bitterly to reduce the US to a Third World County of the New Millennium World Government with Drones kowtowing to the United Nations and serving in return for working poverty wages, the Davey Rocket Crones of Commerce.

No intelligent person with any character or national consience would write such a piece on behalf of any piece of garbage, let alone one as dark and self-full as Ted Kennedy.

So, would an editor sell his soul for a couple of jugs of beer and all the lobster he could eat? Or would it take alittle more...

I think alittle more.....so research on the Boston-Globe ownership is now imperative. I shall return with what I learn!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

designed sweetly to enrich the wealthy and bitterly to reduce the US to a Third World County of the New Millennium World Government with Drones kowtowing to the United Nations and serving in return for working poverty wages, the Davey Rocket Crones of Commerce.
    No Judy, as Sixx would say "turd world country", and that is not far from the truth.

A couple of years ago we had a major Hepatitis outbreak and what the people had in common is they all ate at a Chi Chi restaurant.

Some died, some had to get new livers, others were just very sick. They traced it to the green onions imported from Mexico. These fields had raw sewage running through them.

I haven't eaten a green onion since.

So it's "Turd World Country" after all.

Darlene, how about just Third Turd, since we won't really be a country at all, which is whya county, insted of a country. We'll just be another Third Turd floating in the sewage of that toilet called Davey Rocket's United Nations Millennium Global Agenda!!

Now, who in their right mind would want to trade a First World USA Country in to be a Third Turd floating around in Davey Rocket's United Natonal Millennium Global Agenda Toilet!!

Why would any intelligent President or member of Congress think that would fly with the American People?

Oh.....I guess "intelligent" was the key word there.

Sorry.....silly question!

P. S. I remember the Chi Chi's matter. Wasn't that in Philadephia?? I used to live there. I've haven't eaten at Chi Chi's or had a green onion since....and while I love Mexican food, probably was my favorite, I have given it up.....unless I cook it at home. My little bit for our Cause. When I found out that Taco Bell was a sponsor of National Council of La Raza and recently replaced all of its American workers with 100% Hispanic New Arrivals in my town which has 8.9% unemployment....I said to myself, Girl, you can no longer patronize or underwrite any of these businesses!

All I Want for Christmas.......Is My Country Back!!

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Looks like MSM is using double speak to push cafta now as well.

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/opinion/ar ... barone.htm
    [qoute]5/30/05
    By Michael Barone
    Opposing Free Trade

The Democratic Party, narrowly defeated in the elections of 2000, 2002, and 2004, is lashing out in fury at George W. Bush's Republicans. You can see the evidence in the Senate debate where they are claiming as a time-honored tradition their recent practice of filibustering appellate court nominees. Yet only 14 years ago, when the nomination of Clarence Thomas was before the Senate, no Democratic senator gave serious consideration to a filibuster, though there were enough senators opposed to Thomas to uphold one. Evidently every senator then considered a filibuster unthinkable. Today the unthinkable is a time-honored tradition.
    advertisement
    Web Extras

Browse through an archive of columns by Michael Barone.

At least on this issue the Democrats are fighting for a result that is in line with their long-held principles: This is a fight ultimately about Supreme Court nominations and whether Bush's nominees will need 50 votes or 60 to be confirmed. More distressing was watching Democrats on another, less visible, issue last week. On this one, their current stands are if not in conflict then certainly in tension with their party's historic and recent stands. That issue is the Central America Free Trade Agreement, negotiated by former Special Trade Representative Robert Zoellick and now advanced by his successor, former Rep. Rob Portman.

CAFTA covers Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, and the Dominican Republic and is similar to other free-trade agreements that have been approved by Congress--with Mexico and Canada in November 1993, Jordan in July 2001, Singapore and Chile in July 2003, Australia and Morocco in July 2004. There is this difference: Under the Caribbean Basin Initiative, begun in the 1980s, more than 80 percent of the products from CAFTA countries already enter the U.S. duty free. CAFTA would immediately remove import barriers on most U.S. manufactured goods and half of U.S. farm exports. CAFTA would also allow a small increase in sugar exports to the United States, rising from 1.2 percent of current sugar consumption in the first year to 1.7 percent 15 years later.

Like the free-trade agreement with Australia, CAFTA seems to be an almost unalloyed win-win. U.S. manufacturers and farmers would gain access to markets. U.S. farm interests have been pushing to open up Cuba, which has 11 million people with very low incomes. CAFTA would open up countries with 46 million people with higher incomes. CAFTA countries would be able to import U.S. textiles and fabrics and use them to make apparel that would be competitive with Chinese products. That's why the National Council of Textile Organizations endorsed CAFTA.

Protectionism. Yet it appears that most Democrats and not a few Republicans are set to oppose CAFTA. Why? Well, the AFL-CIO opposes it, as it has almost all free-trade agreements--even the one with Australia, a huge market for U.S. manufacturers, whose labor laws are arguably more protective than those in the United States. And the sugar lobby, protected by tariffs of more than 100 percent and import quotas, opposes even CAFTA's small increase in imports. Big Sugar is listened to by members from states that produce sugar cane (Louisiana, Florida) and sugar beets (North Dakota, Michigan). CAFTA has also been opposed by Reps. Ellen Tauscher, Ron Kind, Adam Smith, and Artur Davis of the House New Democrat Coalition. They complain about the labor provisions, even though they largely meet International Labor Organization standards and are similar to Morocco's, for whose FTA all four voted. They add that the federal budget voted by congressional Republicans reduces funding for trade adjustment assistance and job training.

This is pretty thin gruel. The labor standards Zoellick negotiated provide for stronger enforcement of ILO standards. Over the past 20 years, most CAFTA countries have moved from dictatorship and, in some cases, civil war to democracy and the rule of law; their economies, with help from the CBI, have moved from subsistence to manufacturing. But the CBI expires in 2008, and unless it is replaced by CAFTA the United States will have shoved its neighbors backward. The Democratic Party was historically the party of free trade, and House Democrats provided between 75 and 120 votes for previous FTA s. The Democrats' rage against Bush and the Republicans is understandable. But do they really want to turn their back on their history and our neighbors?[/qoute]

Since this article is date 5/30/05, I can make 2 guesses:
    They are planning a vote on it next week or they will be voting on it in June or July as originally intended and they are pushing for support because their just isn’t enough. We need to keep the pressure up on this issue.

[qoute]CAFTA has also been opposed by Reps. Ellen Tauscher, Ron Kind, Adam Smith, and Artur Davis of the House New Democrat Coalition. [/qoute] Also be sure to contact these folks and thank them for opposing CAFTA.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Actually it was closer to Pittsburgh. I believe it was in Butler or Beaver County, because I golf at courses in both places. So that would make it about a hours drive from where I live. That is why I remember it so well.

It was big news around here, I think a lot of the Chi Chi restaurants closed.

There were some lawsuits filed just last week I read.

When I found out that Taco Bell was a sponsor of National Council of La Raza and recently replaced all of its American workers with 100% Hispanic New Arrivals in my town
    I didn't know that about Taco Bell. another restaurant I won't be going to now.

Quote Originally Posted by Darlene
    Actually it was closer to Pittsburgh. I believe it was in Butler or Beaver County, because I golf at courses in both places. So that would make it about a hours drive from where I live. That is why I remember it so well.

It was big news around here, I think a lot of the Chi Chi restaurants closed.

There were some lawsuits filed just last week I read.

When I found out that Taco Bell was a sponsor of National Council of La Raza and recently replaced all of its American workers with 100% Hispanic New Arrivals in my town
    I didn't know that about Taco Bell. another restaurant I won't be going to now.

You are better off. Not exactly healthy....
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Darlene, you're right it was Pittsburgh. When I heard the news I had already moved and thought it was the Chi Chi's at Fort Washington just north of Philly!! Oh, yes, and there should have been lawsuits. It just goes to show, and why we didn't realize it then, that we are at risk dealing with these countries with different standards. We're a large country that can take care of itself.

As for this CAFTA....I don't care if they were promising a truck full of gold cars for every American.....I don't trust these trade agreements anymore. I know from my experience in industrial development, it is a one way street of jobs and investment out of the United States. Heck, people in Central America don't even want it and are protesting it on the streets.

Hey, I saw a little piece updating on the Referendum of the European Union Constitution, part of this movement toward Globalism...it looks like the PEOPLE of Europe are beginning to understand how they were betrayed or "snookered" and may not complete the referendums. France looks like they are saying NO. If France says NO, then Great Britain is saying NO. I think the Dutch have already said No.

I think this merging of nations and combining nations "idea" is about to fall Flat on its Face!! What kind of a World can they have without the USA and Europe?

Main Stream Media.....Editors and Writers.....WHY in the WORLD don't you write something, somebody wants to read!!

This trying to stuff McCain Kennedy down someone's throat like the Boston-Globe did and now you guys at the US NEWS trying to stuff CAFTA down our throats....is getting a bit tiresome.

Get with the Program MSM, expose the frauds, expose the plan, expose the liars, expose the Truth which is what sells magazines and newspapers....reading this good ole pay boy crap all on the WRONG SIDE of the Line......just makes me glad I didn't have to PAY for it!!

Other countries would join the effort, forming immigration pacts with the United States to control the flow of migration. Mexico and the United States would work together to create more healthcare options, for example, so the costs don't fall solely on this country.
    If you trust Mexico you are a complete idiot.

The next step is selling the bill in Congress, where some may claim it coddles lawbreakers and encourages terrorists. This false charge should be confronted at every turn.
    False charge???? If you are in this country without the proper documentation you ARE a lawbreaker. Is this concept that hard to understand????

Business leaders have a stake in reform because rational laws will help them hire needed workers without breaking the law.
    Why don't you pay American labor rates??
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!

Quote Originally Posted by Darlene
    designed sweetly to enrich the wealthy and bitterly to reduce the US to a Third World County of the New Millennium World Government with Drones kowtowing to the United Nations and serving in return for working poverty wages, the Davey Rocket Crones of Commerce.
    No Judy, as Sixx would say "turd world country", and that is not far from the truth.

A couple of years ago we had a major Hepatitis outbreak and what the people had in common is they all ate at a Chi Chi restaurant.

Some died, some had to get new livers, others were just very sick. They traced it to the green onions imported from Mexico. These fields had raw sewage running through them.

I haven't eaten a green onion since.

So it's "Turd World Country" after all.
    Am I that predictable?
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast