Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lindsey Graham eyes (ending) 'birthright citizenship' ???

Graham eyes 'birthright citizenship'
    Tags:

By ANDY BARR | 7/29/10 8:19 AM EDT
    Updated: 7/29/10 10:11 AM EDT

Sen. Lindsey Graham listens during a markup hearing. | AP Photo
    Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) says it may be time to restrict the ability of immigrants to have children who become citizens just because they are born within the country. AP

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) announced Wednesday night that he is considering introducing a constitutional amendment that would change existing law to no longer grant citizenship to the children of immigrants born in the United States.

Currently, the 14th Amendment grants citizenship to any child born within the United States.

But with 12 million illegal immigrants living in the United States, Graham said it may be time to restrict the ability of immigrants to have children who become citizens just because they are born within the country.

“I may introduce a constitutional amendment that changes the rules if you have a child here,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote]I don't know how to fix it all. But I do know what makes people mad, that 12 million people came here and there seems to be no system to deal with stopping 20 million 20 years from now.â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Its like

Its like Lindsay Graham is on Mars and the News that Birthright Citizenship is a magnet was delivered to him from Earth in a 57 Chevy....Duh

END BIRTHRIGHT CITIZENSHIP, LIMIT ALL MIGRATION TO SUSTAINABLE LEVELS THAT ARE ALSO CONTROLLABLE BY DHS and ICE (that isnt many from what I have seen)
    Far too many immigrants come to the U S if DHS and ICE cant keep track of them.

Birthright citizenship is a huge draw for people to come, to gain a pathway to citizenship, to take free benefits and entitlements. The parents can take the social security number of their children, give them their name, or assume the name of their child, and fraudulently gain credit, jobs, legality, benefits, etc.

Has Senator Graham sponsored a bill to clarify the 14th amendment to not include illegal aliens? Has any other Senator? Congressmen Ron Paul and Nathan Deal have introduced bill after bill. Since Senator Graham acknowledges the problem, he should be at the forefront discussing and pushing legislation. The American people want this.

Psalm 23, it is written, "The Lord is my Shepherd"
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If you include the anchor babies we are well on ouyr way to twenty million already. Throw in people violating non working visas we are already near there.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Take it for what it is...if he does this, it is one of the main things people in our movement have been angry about. If he can pass it and accomplish it, then we need to celebrate. Is he late to the game? Sure, but better late than never.

We need to take every little bit we can, hold it tight and keep fighting for more.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I dont trust Graham. IMO he is setting everyone up for amnesty by acting like he is against anchor babies and illegal immigration.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

butterbean wrote:
    I dont trust Graham. IMO he is setting everyone up for amnesty by acting like he is against anchor babies and illegal immigration.
    I agree.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Senator Graham is stuck on amnesty. So is Mexico, so is the ACLU, so are the majority of Democrats, so is La Raza, so is the Obama White House. What a collection.

Psalm 23, it is written, "The Lord is my Shepherd"
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

The 14th ammendment has been twisted in meaning, and hijacked for the convenience of illegal aliens. Foreign mothers (Mexican or otherwise) who land here, deliver a child here, are NOT subject to the jurisdictions of this country, they were not born here, are not citizens, and therefore, their offspring not eligible for citizenship. They are citizens of where ever they were born or legitimately maintain a residency, nor is the child that is birthed here eligible for automatic citizenship. If I, as an American, happen to be in any other country in the world, deliver a child there, my child is NOT an automatic citizen of that country....he/she is an American. Even in Canada, if a foreign child is born there, the child does have Canadian citizenship, BUT, the parent/parents are not allowed to remain. The child goes with them out of the country or stays with relatives or guardians. The child can come back at either 18 or 21 and live in Canada.

Graham is right. Anchor babies have to stop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast