Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lindsey Graham: Social Security cards should be revamped

(quote)

Posted on Tue, Aug. 07, 2007

Graham: Social Security cards should be revamped

By SEANNA ADCOX

U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham said Tuesday he will introduce legislation to replace all paper Social Security cards with plastic biometric cards that can't be duplicated, so employers can be certain of the legal status of their workers.
    The South Carolina Republican said Congress must address the out-of-control illegal immigration problem, and last month's defeat of comprehensive immigration reform in the Senate means the problem must be tackled piecemeal.

"The root cause, the basic problem with immigration is employment," Graham said. "The reason people come here in such large numbers is to get the jobs in America that pay more in one day they can make maybe in six months where they come from."

America needs a legal guest worker program to fill jobs citizens don't want, but the U.S. must control who enters the country for national security, he said.

Employers need a system they can rely on to determine the legal status of potential workers, so Graham said he plans to introduce a bill this fall to replace all Social Security cards over the next 10 years at a cost of $8 billion to $10 billion. The new cards would be tamperproof.

"The documents used to get a job in America, a Social Security card, is a piece of paper that's easily, fraudulently duplicated," Graham said at the University of South Carolina, where he demonstrated a program employers can use to check the legal status of workers along with Homeland Security Department Secretary Michael Chertoff.

Until all Americans have a secure form of identification, the best worker identification tool is a voluntary federal program used by 19,000 employers so far, Chertoff said. The computerized system verifies that the name, age, and Social Security workers give to employers match, he said.

Chertoff acknowledged the system, which would have been mandatory under the comprehensive immigration reform, has flaws. Though it will catch workers who supply fake Social Security numbers, it won't catch those who use stolen identities, he said.

Adding photo verification to the system will help. That has already started for people who hold green cards, Chertoff said.

Graham said he understands state lawmakers opposition to the federal 2005 REAL ID Act. South Carolina is among states that rejected the unfunded federal mandate for new national driver's license standards, estimated to cost states $11 billion to implement.

"A driver's license is not the way to solve the problem," he said.

Other complaints about REAL ID requirements were that some people, especially older residents, may not have original birth certificates to verify who they are. Graham said his legislation would allow for other forms of verification.

(quote)

http://www.charlotte.com/205/story/227578.html

Psalm 91
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Have you ever seen an old piece of paper?

I am talking REAL old, like the ones we have in our family Bibles or a Social Security card that's been carried in our wallets for decades?

The SSN cards I have seen Hispanics carrying looks like it just rolled off the press. Just think about it, a Mexican man 40 years old (with a woman and half a dozen kids, most of whom have been born here) pulls out a brand NEW SSN card? Get real.

Once again, please notice that the Globalist puppets that are pushing Amnesty are the same ones pushing biometric national ID for all Americans.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have seen them with a half dozen cards.

A lady at Texas Employment pointed to two Mexicans who just left her desk and said to my son , 'the ink isn't dry on those SS#'.

Anything that can be made can be duplicated.

But why do we need any new card. Just check out he ones they are holding - it isn't that hard.

This seems like an excuse to push some new kind of ID when it isn't necessary.

Pretending to do something when you aren't.

I would not mind my SS card being replaced with a picture card......BUT no chips and not my life history included!!!

Lindsey's approval rating is at 31% and he's up for re-election. The voters are not going to forget about his Amnesty scheme, all the Hispandering and the bigot comment directed at us.

I hope to God he gets thrown out of office.

I would like a photo-ID social security card as well! Frankly, I feel that the government already knows everything about me, and I'm a law-abiding citizen, so unless all my history is provided to anyone who swipes a card, I'm ok with it.

TexasGal

It will be provided to anyone who swipes your card. The government is not here to help or protect you they are here to control you.
    Some people are alive only because there are laws against killing them.

This falls under give me a break. I live in SC. Graham thinks he can make his constituents forget that he insulted them, pandered to La Raza & Kennedy, and backed the worst immigration bill in our history.

Chertoff & Graham remind me of that movie "dumb & dumber" Now they are trying to throw up smoke screens and they think no one will see through their little sham.

tracking the usurper-in-chief and on his trail
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican
    This falls under give me a break. I live in SC. Graham thinks he can make his constituents forget that he insulted them, pandered to La Raza & Kennedy, and backed the worst immigration bill in our history.
    He certainly didn't tell me or anyone I know that he was appearing in South Carolina. It's probably just as well that I didn't know he was in Columbia. I might have had a heart attack or a stroke.
    One man's terrorist is another man's undocumented worker.

Unless we enforce laws against illegal aliens today,
    tomorrow WE may wake up as illegals.

The last word: illegal aliens are ILLEGAL!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast