Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lone Protester- Rally at the SC Statehouse

Lone Protester- Rally for South Carolina at the Statehouse 03/10/08

Today is a day that I have been wanting to see happen for a while. This is the first time that I have seen so many South Carolinians together, speaking out against the same thing. About 200 people showed up at the rally on the north steps of the SC Statehouse at 1200 noon today. The event was organized by Pat Matthews of the Horry County MinutemanCDC (Myrtle Beach). The slate of speakers consisted of the Republicans running against Senator Lindsey Graham this year, Buddy Witherspoon, Mark McBride, and Tim Carnes. Mr. Witherspoon started off his speech by saying, press one for English and two for Spanish and got everybody laughing. I think that any of these guys would be a shoe in to defeat Senator Graham. Mark McBride is the mayor of Myrtle Beach, his daughter was sexually harassed last year in school by an illegal alien and that man’s anger was very visible in his speech. He also got Myrtle Beach to declare that it wasn’t a sanctuary city. And that is one helluva lot more that any other politician in this state has done so far regarding illegal immigration.

I got to talk to Tim Carnes and Buddy Witherspoon personally. Tim Carnes is from Greenville, SC and has never been in politics And Buddy is from Lexington which is a suburb of Columbia. What surprised me was that both of them had heard about my case.
    Another speaker was Roan Garcia-Quintana from Greenville, Roan is probably one of the hardest working people in South Carolina dealing with illegal immigration. He is the executive director of www.americanshavehadenough.org. Click on his web site and you will see what I am talking about. He travels all over this state, lobbying politicians, making speeches and is doing everything he can to help turn the tide. He publishes a darn good illegal immigration newsletter at his website that I look at every morning. Roan’s family came here from Cuba in the early 1960’s and he is retired from a career in education.

There was another speaker, Margaret Thompson of Seneca, (home to Lindsey Graham and John Edwards). She is a councilwoman on the city council and does not accept a salary. She travels around the state, like Roan does, doing everything she can to help take this state back. I have seen her at every meeting I have been to in the last few months. In my opinion, Councilwoman Margaret Thompson is the one that should be running to replace John McCain’s shadow. That lady will get right in your face and tell you exactly like it is. To her, everything is about this state and it’s people. She needs to run for a higher office because she is a lot more aware of the problems in my industry and this state than the politicians that I read about. And she cares.

There were quite a few television reporters there. There were from stations in Columbia, Charleston and Greenville, I was interviewed by Diana Watson of WHNS-TV of Greenville, a FOX affiliate and by Myra Ruiz of WYFF-4 TV of Greenville. My favorite reporter from the State newspaper, Noelle Phillips attended even though she did not question me and Jeff West, a reporter from the Times-Examiner in Greenville. I also got interviewed by a reporter from the Associated Press. There were a lot of media there, even from some radio stations so we should be getting a lot of press from it. I just wonder if our politicians inside the statehouse got the message. Probably not, one of the speakers asked if any politicians were in the audience and no hands were raised. So, our esteemed state senators and congressmen were either having a meeting or hiding out while the people of South Carolina had their say.

The thing that I fail to understand in all of this is real simple. Why, in the name of God, are our politicians here discussing illegal immigration laws when every law that we need to deal with the problem is already on the books? Why can’t they simply decide to enforce those laws instead of passing even more laws that are probably going to be ignored anyway? What is so hard to understand about that? The people of South Carolina have been hard hit by illegal immigration and our politicians have completely ignored it until now. And the only reason it is being discussed now is because this is an election year and they are worried about staying in office.

I don’t know what kind of legislation is going to be passed in the next few days but I will bet you my last few pennies that it will not be beneficial to the citizens here. These politicians are more worried about what the SC Chamber of Commerce thinks about them than they are the citizens of this great state. There was a lot of anger and disgust expressed by the people around me at our politicians and Lindsey Graham in particular. Our primary is coming up in June and Senator Graham is going to hate to see that day get here.

Hey LP thanks for the up-lifting report . Your task to ride Graham out of office will be tuff . His war-chest from CREEPS in America is huge . American's need to get tough and realize what the truth is . Turn off MSM
    As it stands . I'm praying for you LP . Wish the Nation had a 100,000 of you all over the states standing for Rigtheousness and laws of the land .
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

This is great news. I really appreciate the invite to speak at this event, but my schedule just would not allow me to go.

As you can see from the homepage, we have a lot on our plate across the nation right now.

Keep positive about our SC legislation and push as hard as you can. Our side has enjoyed many surprising victories on the state level.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

loneprotester

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience!

From the Border Movie:

I will not sell my country out ~ I WILL NOT!
    I'd like to see that pride back in AMERICA!!!

Thanks for the update, loneprotester! Please continue to keep us posted from the SC battlefront!