Lone Protester- Smart Versus Stupid 11/26/07

Have you ever read the story of Albert Einstein? He was a fascinating person, probably the smartest human being since Da Vinci. Einstein was very, very smart. That man was responsible for solving some of the mysteries of the universe. He opened the world’s eyes to new ways of thinking about science, nature and the universe in general. The human race probably produces one Einstein per century on average. But, at the same time that he was so smart, he was also stupid in some of the common every day things that the normal person does, thinks and experiences. One thing he supposedly could not do was tie his shoes. When I read this about him I realized that there must be a very fine line between brilliance and stupidity. And that at times they must encroach upon one another. Like when people cannot see the forest because of all the trees. And I have seen proof of what I say here. When I was in the Army, I had a Spec-4 in my platoon, the smartest guy I ever met. Four years of college, degree in physics, a fine soldier through and through when it came to technical things, but not one lick of common sense when it came to relating with the factual world surrounding him. He could quote Plato, Sun Tse, Von Clauswitz and Patton but could not figure out how to sweep a floor. He knew every word in our field manuals but was at a loss of how to put them in to practice. I went into his barracks room one morning to inspect it and found him on his bunk, biting his toenails.

And there are a lot of people out there that fall into the same category, people, that in their own little pea-brained minds, think that they know what is best for the rest of us. One of them that comes to mind is Bruce Walker. He falls into this category because of his comments in his article named “An Immigration Planâ€