Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

OR: Lone protestor arrested at day labor center

Lone protestor arrested at day labor center

Lone protestor arrested at day labor center
    Save a link to this article and return to it at www.savethis.comSave a link to this article and return to it at www.savethis.com
    Email a link to this articleEmail a link to this article
    Printer-friendly version of this articlePrinter-friendly version of this article
    View a list of the most popular articles on our siteView a list of the most popular articles on our site
    YouNewsTV YouNewsTVâ„¢
    Related Content

* Day labor site opens in northeast Portland
    * POLL: Do you agree or disagree with the arrest?

Story Published: Jun 17, 2008 at 8:19 PM PDT

Story Updated: Jun 18, 2008 at 6:47 PM PDT
    By KATU Web Staff
    Video

PORTLAND, Ore. - A man vowed to get arrested while protesting Portland's controversial new day labor center and on Tuesday he got his wish.

Tom Wenning staged a one-man protest this week outside the city-subsidized center.

On Monday, officers gave Wenning a warning for blocking the driveway.

He said he would return on Tuesday and force police to arrest him and that's what happened at 8 a.m.

Wenning has a court date to fight the criminal trespassing charge.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/20188434.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This story is a couple days old, and I'm surprised someone hasn't posted it already (or one closely related).

A couple points...

1. When an online poll was placed on this same news outlet's web page, posing the question "Do you agree with Portland Police arresting the lone protestor" (or something very close to that) the responses were:

No: 70%
    Yes: 30%

The poll is finished - the best I can tell

2. I was thinking of our user loneprotestor here in posting this article.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AE

Ok, PhredE, so when my drunken neighbors block the driveway...and I am unable to get out to go to the store, can I call police to have them arrested?

When the snot-nosed anarchists in downtown Portland block the sidewalks with their protests (and they do, despite it being a "no-no"), should they not be arrested?

Something is not right here with this and I pray this man (I presume now this is the man who authored the Craigslist posting for "free food" on the city of Portland at the "corner of illegal aliens"!!) will fight it and also win. It would seem the city simply did not like what this man was protesting, versus their beloved anarchists who run downtown Portland.......
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

Why was he a "lone" protestor???

I will not go into it again--I posted a diatribe just a short while ago. Maybe Mr Wenning should say--"to heck with it--nobody else gives a hoot!" If only two dozen people show up to one of America's best patriots protest (William Gheen in NC), what does that tell you about your fellow citizens?????

Re: Why was he a "lone" protestor???

Quote Originally Posted by misterbill
    I will not go into it again--I posted a diatribe just a short while ago. Maybe Mr Wenning should say--"to heck with it--nobody else gives a hoot!" If only two dozen people show up to one of America's best patriots protest (William Gheen in NC), what does that tell you about your fellow citizens?????
    How does lazy and apathetic sound ?
    We can't deport them all ? Just think of the fun we could have trying!

accurate

sadly accurate.

I am happy there are people like the folks at ALIPAC--unfortunately, we may not be enough to prevail.