Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

Los Angeles City Council OKs nearly $13M payout

Los Angeles City Council OKs nearly $13M payout for police beatings at pro-immigration rally
    Associated Press

Last update: February 4, 2009 - 3:47 PM

LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles City Council has approved a $12.85 million payout for demonstrators and bystanders who were beaten by police at a pro-immigration rally.

The payout approved Wednesday is one of the largest ever for misconduct by the Police Department. It settles claims that hundreds of people filed after the May 1, 2007, rally, where police dispersed crowds by beating people with batons and firing at them with beanbag rounds.

The payout is one of the final steps in a massive investigation launched in response to widespread criticism that police used excessive force and violated civil rights.

A police body has also recommended three officers receive official reprimands and several others receive suspensions.

http://www.startribune.com/nation/39103062.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I would be glad to take my hit with a rubber bullet for a portion of that! Sure would be a lot better than getting knifed in the back by somebody who flees the scene or having your identity stolen or contracting a serious malady.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

what about the police that were injured, i seem to remember 10 of them
    had to go to the hospital

Los Angeles City Council OKs nearly $13M payout for police beatings at pro-immigration rally
    Wonder when the IOU's go in the mail?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    Wonder when the IOU's go in the mail?
    I don't know M. I suspect that our reconquista mayor will make sure these people get paid! In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he himself drove the Brinks truck to each "victim" and delivered the payments himself. This guy will do anything for a little camera time!

Of course i'm being a little sarcastic...but probably not by much!

Have they paid the Jamile Shaw family or the other family that had two kids and the husband killed yet??

How could I beat what the comment you two made...Ditto to
    "NoBueno" and "miguelina"
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I see on todays news the mayor of L.A.was in Washington along with some other city mayors wanting money. I think that is an insult. Having a sanctuary city and then wanting the Federal government to help bail them out. And especially after defying the Federal laws on immigration!!!
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by mbrown
    Have they paid the Jamile Shaw family or the other family that had two kids and the husband killed yet??
    That's an excellent question MB! The Shaw's received a plaque, courtesy of the reconquista mayor expressing his condolences for their loss. Mayor reconquista has made it perfectly clear that his illegal invaders are far more important than the safety of American citizens who happen to call LA home! This includes Jamiel Shaw, who's poor mother served this country with honor. This includes Jamiel himself who was a good kid, with a promising future ahead of him.

He was gunned down by an illegal invader, gang banging-scum bag that didn't deserve to breath the same air as Jamiel! And yet, mayor reconquista had the gall to show up at Jamiel's funeral, when it was his very sanctuary policies which led to the death of Jamiel. That proves mayor reconquista has absolutely no morals or conscious!

In fact, the reconquista mayor (along with every other gang banger and illegal invader who calls LA home) would love nothing more than for the Shaws (and their supporters) to just go away, as they have made life uncomfortable for him and his beloved illegal invaders and gang bangers who flock to LA because of its sanctuary policies!

Contrast that with what the illegal invader advocates received after taking a few rubber bullets to their behinds, when in fact they were also responsible for inflicting punishment upon officers themselves! They get a million dollar payday, while the Shaws get a plaque!

Pretty obvious which side the city of LA is on.....

Ok now who are these people in the class action settlement? Do we the tax payers get to know who we are paying for?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast