Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lou Dobbs Comments on not deporting illegals

And Senator Barack Obama, a leading pro amnesty advocate for illegal aliens is taking aim at me, distorting my position on illegal immigration and doing so today. Obama making outrageous, inaccurate comments about my views and pandering to socio ethnocentric special interest groups at the same time, well I'm going to outdo him here tonight and I'm going to set Senator Obama straight on my record.

DOBBS: New efforts tonight to stifle the national debate on illegal immigration and border security from the ACLU to the government of Mexico. The open borders lobby is demanding an end to immigration law enforcement and free speech. This is at the very least a vast left wing and right wing conspiracy. Casey Wian has our report.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

CASEY WIAN, CNN CORRESPONDENT (voice-over): The American Civil Liberties Union is demanding that Congress crack down of raids, deportation and other alleged violations of civil liberties by U.S Immigration and Customs Enforcement. It's the latest effort by supporters of expanded rights for illegal aliens to stop immigration law enforcement in the United States, which they claim is a response to their street demonstrations.

EMMA LOZANO, PUEBLO SIN FRONTERAS: Our historic and record breaking marches were answered by Bush with an aggressive and very public campaign of hate, terror, degrading the human dignity and separating our families through humiliating public raids and deportation.

WIAN: The ACLU claims ICE has conducted dragnet-style raids of homes and businesses to sweep for immigrants; separated parents from their children and held them without due process in immigration detention facilities.

In fact, ICE says their enforcement actions only target egregious violators of immigration law, illegal aliens who have committed other crimes and fugitives. Agents routinely release illegal aliens on humanitarian grounds such as child care. Still religious groups and the Mexican government have joined the chorus (ph) equating immigration law enforcement or the discussion of the topic with hate and prejudice.

PRESIDENT FELIPE CALDERON, MEXICO: Fugitive generations reject us by the decisions we take today, we work together to provide organized and humane migration if we continue to allow hundreds to die each year.

WIAN: While Mexico's president recently spoke of working together to solve the illegal immigration crisis, he also told "The New York Times" so-called anti immigrant rhetoric by U.S. politicians and talk show hosts quote, "has generated an atmosphere full of prejudice", even U.S. presidential candidates are chiming in.

SEN. BARACK OBAMA (D-IL), PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE: So when I hear Rush Limbaugh or you know Lou Dobbs or some of these people talking about how we need to send them all back, we're not going to send them all back.

WIAN: Apparently Senator Obama is not aware that LOU DOBBS TONIGHT has never advocated mass deportations.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

WIAN: As for the ACLU, it first agreed to discuss its claims on camera with CNN, but after being told the interview would be used for LOU DOBBS TONIGHT, the ACLU changed its mind, saying something came up. The group denied that had anything to do with this broadcast -- Lou. DOBBS: Well let's give them something to think about. The ACLU's comments here and criticism of Immigration Customs Enforcement are simply outrageous, so that's where we can start the negotiations for whether or not they want to come on. The fact is that the ACLU has just been. It's no longer a civil rights organization.

It's joining other organizations that have historically been watchdog groups have been you know committed to a higher standard of public service. They're nothing more than advocacy groups themselves. You heard Senator Obama; I would like you if you would to listen again to what Senator Obama said today attacking me and I want to point out this is not the first time the senator has attacked me. Let's listen in.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

OBAMA: When I hear Rush Limbaugh or you know Lou Dobbs or some of these people talking about how we need to send them all back. We're not going to send them all back. First of all, this is a country of immigrants. Second of all, as a practical matter, we would end up having to use all of our law enforcement resources to round people up, detain them, separate families. It's not a realistic solution. We're not going to be able to solve the problem if we're just shouting about it like Lou Dobbs and folks on television.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

DOBBS: Well Senator Obama, a couple of things. One is you say you can't possibly deport folks. Well let's look at the record because in the 1970s, more than 10 million illegal aliens were actually deported during that period of time, so it's -- it is within our capacity and as a man who is running on an aspirational agenda and campaign, you might consider what the possibilities are for this country rather than its limitations.

This country can do whatever it sets its mind to doing. The other thing is, I'm just curious about who in the world do you think you're kidding. You can pander -- you're a world class pander and most presidential candidates are, but I have to say you didn't, in my opinion, do a very good job today. You said, as I recall, you said that we can't send all of those folks back.

And then you said you won't send all of those folks back. Now that isn't very good pandering. You know Casey Wian, you're still there. I mean I'm sort of shocked that he would not -- if he's going to pander, shouldn't Senator Obama -- shouldn't he get really, you know say he's not going to send anyone back. Do you think that would be a little stronger than well we're not going to send everybody back?

WIAN: Yeah, there's a lot of confusing things about this statement, Lou. And first of all, it sounds like he's reading from a script written by some of these organizations that were in our report, the ACLU, Maldef, La Raza. I mean, he's talking about fear mongering. He's talking about rounding up folks in mass numbers. He's talking about separating families. He's equating legal immigration with illegal immigration. These are all the tactics and the words that are used by these open borders advocacy groups and it's also surprising in that he's the front-runner. You wouldn't think he would need to resort to this kind of a disinformation campaign, this pandering as you put it. Perhaps he is so worried about the Latino vote in the remaining states. He did only get about a third of the Latino vote in Texas.

Perhaps he's worried about that going forward. But it sure seems that by distorting the record of people like you, people like Rush Limbaugh, who we were unable to contact today. But we did see some of the statements that he's made in the past about illegal immigration and he also has never, that we could find, called for mass deportations of people. So you really got to wonder what's going through Senator Obama's head here, Lou.

DOBBS: Well I want to say to Senator Obama right now, you owe me an apology because you distorted my position. One, I have not never talked about rounding folks up. I certainly have never called for deportation. And tell your advisers that if they are going to help you pander, Senator Obama, do me a favor do yourself a favor, do us all a favor. Do it with some style. You know don't just say you're not going to send everybody back.

You know that isn't quite good enough. Why don't you do -- let me do this -- may I. I'm going to raise the ante for you here tonight. Senator Obama, I'm going to pander to that group and show you how it's done. And I am going to pander them though however by telling them the truth. Folks, if you are Latino, if you are an illegal immigrant, take note.

I have never called for you to be deported. And unlike Senator Obama who would not send you all back, I won't send any of you back. How's that? You think that would work. I think I just out pandered you, Senator Obama. I hope that you'll issue that apology now that we've set the record straight here. What do you think Casey Wian?

WIAN: I am not going to hold my breath, Lou.

(LAUGHTER)

DOBBS: Casey Wian, thank you very much. We are in the grip, as you can see when Senator Obama and all of these socio ethnocentric interest groups, ACLU, when they're all doing this concerted, you don't have to have much of an imagination to see that it is clearly an amnesty open borders offensive and trying to stifle a national debate.

Dobbs:
    have never called for you to be deported. And unlike Senator Obama who would not send you all back, I won't send any of you back. How's that? You think that would work. I think I just out pandered you, Senator Obama. I hope that you'll issue that apology now that we've set the record straight here. What do you think Casey Wian?
    I don't know what to make of this. Being facetious perhaps?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Loved it

I laughed for hours at this segment. Pandering lesson par excellence.

MW
    I have never called for you to be deported. And unlike Senator Obama who would not send you all back, I won't send any of you back.

The above comment combined with the fact that he has never said anything about supporting deportation is rather concerning. Hmmm.......I guess Lou is now on record as saying, "I won't send any of you back."

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Lou is right, we don't have to send them back. Just take away ALL the incentives keeping them here and they will send themselves back.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Dobbs:
    have never called for you to be deported. And unlike Senator Obama who would not send you all back, I won't send any of you back. How's that? You think that would work. I think I just out pandered you, Senator Obama. I hope that you'll issue that apology now that we've set the record straight here. What do you think Casey Wian?
    I don't know what to make of this. Being facetious perhaps?
    Yes, I watched the segment and Lou was facetiously out-pandering Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    I have never called for you to be deported. And unlike Senator Obama who would not send you all back, I won't send any of you back.

The above comment combined with the fact that he has never said anything about supporting deportation is rather concerning. Hmmm.......I guess Lou is now on record as saying, "I won't send any of you back."
    Lou was referring to Obama's claim that Lou supported mass deportations. Attrition through enforcement is a much more realistic plan than mass deportations.

Side note: I believe it was BearFlagRepublic who speculated why Dobbs has recently used the "Secure the Borders First" rhetoric. We may cringe to hear that phrase used by pro-amnesty zealots like Captain McAmnesty, but Dobbs use of that rhetoric is most likely a clever tactic. Janet Marguia says she supports securing the border (yeah right ) so why can't Lou say we need to secure the borders first before we meddle with laws that are already on the books? BearFlag said it much better than I did. I think Lou is just using the enemy's tactics against them.

Senior Member ourcountrynottheirs's Avatar
    BearFlag said it much better than I did. I think Lou is just using the enemy's tactics against them.
    I agree. Lou is a very smart man. He chooses his words carefully. I believe that when he said he wouldn't send any of them back, he meant he will let the laws and deportation take care of themselves (which they are already)!

lou is great! what he did was show that slowbama was PANDERING THE ILLEGALS TO THE 9TH POWER!!! he caught him doing it bald faced, and shoved it right back down his gullet! as my dad used to tell me"you can't snow the snowman!"

witty blows

Lou's statement was placed in the present. "I am not going to send---" Of course he will not. He has no authority to deport. The subject was a lesson in pandering. He landed the blows with sophisticated wit.

Several months back,Lou stated that he did not have the the attributes to be President. He would have to curb his sarcasm and satire or he will spend much time explaining the joke.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast