Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lou Dobbs re Immigration Judge delaying deportation

Did anyone else just hear Lou Dobbs and a story about an Immigration Judge who DELAYED DEPORTATION OF ILLEGAL ALIENS FOR 1 YEAR 'IN CASE THE LAW MIGHT CHANGE"?

Can't locate it in print yet, didn't catch the city, and it's not on Dobbs' web site yet.

If this stands...what a precedent!

A judge who is NOT enforcing the law....boggles the mind!

Can anyone who's a better researcher than me, help find this story and post it? Please?
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Yes I heard it, and I am furious!! I could tell Lou hated it too.
    What are we going to do when the ppl that are in place to up hold the law won't enforce them
    The President, Congresss, Homeland secrutiy, and now our judges

Thanks, concernedcitizen,

I was ALMOST hoping I was hallucinating! Is that judge nuts? Rhetorical question.

Did you catch the city this happened in? I saw the video of the defendents leaving court. But walked in on the story already in progress.

If I had the city, maybe I could find it in print and post it here.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Yes Pat, I did, and I am currently trying to retrieve my jaw from the floor!

A judge who is NOT enforcing the law....boggles the mind
    An understatement, for sure.

You and I are on the same page Pat, and the only possible explaination for this egregious dereliction of duty is that this judge is currying favor with the elite globalists, so desperate to get their wheels in motion.

It was Chicago. More insanity re this issue, as Lou says 'It boggles the mind.'
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

11 illegal immigrants are granted reprieve

Thanks, Jean....here's the story.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... &cset=true

chicagotribune.com >> Local news
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11 illegal immigrants are granted reprieve
    Court lets them stay in U.S. for 1 year

By Oscar Avila
    Tribune staff reporter
    Published August 1, 2006

Eleven illegal immigrants from the Chicago area, arrested in a high-profile nationwide sweep, received an unexpected reprieve Monday after elected officials and the public weighed in on their behalf.

An immigration judge in Chicago granted the former employees of IFCO Systems a one-year stay of deportation. In return, the immigrants pledged not to appeal the deportation orders.

The delay gives the immigrants a chance to stay in the country if Congress approves a bill granting legal status to many of the nation's 11 million to 12 million illegal immigrants. That measure has stalled, for now, but many analysts think the prospects will improve after the November elections.

In an emotional celebration, about 120 supporters enveloped the tearful workers with hugs as they emerged from Immigration Court onto Monroe Street in the Loop. Supporters had prayed in Spanish and English for the workers, clutching pictures of their families and religious icons.

Chris Bergin, the workers' attorney, said he was surprised that Judge Carlos Cuevas granted the extension, saying that he was certain that the intervention of elected officials made the difference. Bergin said the offer was the best deal possible because most workers had little basis for appeals.

One of the workers, Marco Antonio Quintana, said he was grateful for the support.

"Miracles do exist," he said.

In April, federal agents arrested more than 1,000 IFCO workers nationwide, including 26 at the company's McKinley Park facility. The U.S. Department of Homeland Security had trumpeted the IFCO arrests as proof of a new get-tough approach against businesses that hire illegal immigrants.

In addition to the group of 11 illegal immigrants granted a reprieve Monday, 11 more IFCO workers here still must go before Immigration Court.

Ald. Daniel Solis (25th) joined the workers in the courtroom. He and members of Congress had earlier lobbied the Department of Homeland Security on their behalf. Attorneys also presented a petition supporting the workers with hundreds of signatures.

The case of the IFCO workers will likely revive criticism that politics interferes with the U.S. government's immigration enforcement. Activists who oppose illegal immigration complain that elected politicians often pressure immigration officials to scale back arrests if they affect their state's business interests.

Marc Raimondi, a Department of Homeland Security spokesman, said the department was still evaluating the judge's decision but would likely appeal a one-year extension.

"In order for the immigration system to have any integrity, the laws have to be enforceable," Raimondi said. "We aren't going to be influenced by public sentiment. We are going to be influenced by enforcing the immigration laws."

Solis said he was merely protecting his constituents and insisted that the IFCO workers fit into the city's rich immigrant heritage, even though they were working here illegally.

Elected officials also will try to influence the U.S. government's enforcement strategy when they meet Tuesday with officials in the Department of Homeland Security's Chicago office. The delegation will include U.S. Rep. Luis Gutierrez and U.S. Rep. Jan Schakowsky, both Illinois Democrats.

Gutierrez will ask the Department of Homeland Security to suspend all deportations to give Congress time to pass a legalization bill, the congressman's spokesman Scott Frotman said. Frotman said it does not make sense to deport illegal immigrants "because these are people who would ultimately be affected by the law."

----------
    oavila@tribune.com
    Copyright © 2006, Chicago Tribune
    TIME'S UP!

Supreme Court Precedents Say Congress Must Make Immigration Policy—Not International Bureaucrats

Here is a link to V-Dare which I find quite interesting about deportation laws. The article is quite long, so I did not copy and paste here. It gives an insight into the enforcement of laws.

http://www.vdare.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy
    Supreme Court Precedents Say Congress Must Make Immigration Policy—Not International Bureaucrats

Here is a link to V-Dare which I find quite interesting about deportation laws. The article is quite long, so I did not copy and paste here. It gives an insight into the enforcement of laws.

http://www.vdare.com/
    Im speechless
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Gutierrez will ask the Department of Homeland Security to suspend all deportations to give Congress time to pass a legalization bill, the congressman's spokesman Scott Frotman said. Frotman said it does not make sense to deport illegal immigrants "because these are people who would ultimately be affected by the law."
    Yup.......outstanding example of a Congressman watching out for AMERICA
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Activist judges Sometimes it is like living in bizario world

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast