Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

LULAC considers lawsuit over caucuses

28 comment have been left after this article at the source link.
    ~~

LULAC considers lawsuit over caucuses

Wednesday, March 05, 2008 | 7:06 PM
    By Miya ShayAUSTIN, TX (KTRK) -- Big crowds, long lines, and plenty of confusion greeted caucus goers on Tuesday night. A day later, the Hispanic civil rights group LULAC says the entire caucus process might be grounds for a lawsuit.
    The League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) told me today that it's considering filing a lawsuit against the Texas Democratic Party. LULAC's national general counsel Louis Vera told me that he believes the caucus process disenfranchises the state's Latino voters. Although the caucus numbers between Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton are not final yet, LULAC has been contemplating the lawsuit for a few weeks.
    "We had reports all night long and this morning of many, many people who couldn't stay there anymore," says Vera. "It was 9:30, 10 o'clock and they haven't even begun to vote."
    Vera is also concerned that because the Primary allocates delegates based on turnout of the previous election, a vote for delegates in San Antonio or south Texas is actually worth less than a vote out of Houston or Dallas. LULAC isn't officially allowed to endorse anyone, but Vera and a number of high ranking officials within the organization support Clinton.
    Story continues belowAdvertisement
    Vera says a decision will be made about the lawsuit when all the caucus numbers roll in, which could take a few weeks.
    "What we are considering is whether or not there are violations of the Voting Rights Act, " he says. "I'm not sure if all the changes in the caucus system has been pre-cleared by the Justice Department."
    I called the Texas Democratic Party today, and spokesperson Hector Nieto says he did not hear about the rumblings of a lawsuit until I called him.
    "When you put a million people across the state in a caucus, off course you're going to have problems," says Nieto. "There will be people waiting, there will be people crammed into small rooms... All I can say is that this system was put into place for participation by all, and judging by the turnout, we had an equal opportunity for people to participate."
    Vera says if they are filing a lawsuit, it will be done before the state Democratic Convention. He also says this is not about Clinton or Obama. It's about whether or not the voices of Latino voters are heard.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?secti ... id=6001703
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

He also says this is not about Clinton or Obama. It's about whether or not the voices of Latino voters are heard.
    Going to bring up the subject of illegal voters?

"The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic state itself. That, in its essence, is fascism - ownership of government by an individual, by a group, or any controlling private power."
    Franklin D. Roosevelt
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

In the minds of these people, is there anything which occurs in this country.....or just through the course of living life in general.....that isn't viewed, by them, as being unfair to Latinos or purposely done just to slight them?

Big crowds, long lines, and plenty of confusion greeted caucus goers on Tuesday night

Surely there were voters of all races and national origins who experienced the same issues, yet it's once again turned into a Latino only issue and, of course, the situation was set up strictly to victimize them and only them. Give us a break already

He also says this is not about Clinton or Obama. It's about whether or not the voices of Latino voters are heard.

The hell it isn't about Clinton or Obama. I don't think their motives can be anymore transparent.....if the election doesn't come out the way they want it to, they're going to demand a "do-over" in order to achieve the desired result.

What happens if they aren't afforded the special privilege? Are we to be treated to what happens in Mexico and the rest of Latin America when elections don't come out the way some people want them to? Are they going to go ballistic and rampage, tearing up and burning everything in sight?

I just hope if they do decide to go ahead, there is an intensive scrutiny of the voter rolls and full blown investigation into the amount of voter fraud it is inevitable which occured because enough is enough and they passed the point of "enough" a very long time ago.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The only voices that are being heard are the voices of latinos. What is she talking about. Would she prefer that all non-lations go away? Sure appears that way.

Surely there were voters of all races and national origins who experienced the same issues, yet it's once again turned into a Latino only issue and, of course, the situation was set up strictly to victimize them and only them. Give us a break already

I, too, am sick of any and all problems and issues that effect EVERYONE....be twisted into something that ONLY effects the Latinos....set out on purpose to ONLY effect them. Please....it's getting very boring. They aren't all that "special" from everyone else. Low wages for the Latino's.,free education for the Latinos, more and better jobs for the Latinos, special everything for the Latinos. Enough already.... for just being a member of the "human race" they sure think they are better than everyone else. Poverty, education, whatever is just a Latino issue. pLEASE....

Well the positive aspect is they would be suing the Democratic Party, I bet that will wake up a lot of non-Latino Democrats about the Latino supremacy movement.

Well the positive aspect is they would be suing the Democratic Party, I bet that will wake up a lot of non-Latino Democrats about the Latino supremacy movement.

LOL! Nothing like bitting the hand that feeds you right Bowman!!! These people just don't get it.