Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Beingan activist in Massachusetts I know all about this one.

The Dunkin Donuts Corp. is a franchiser and until the franchiser went through a leveraged buyout a couple years ago several of their franchisees were being lax. Dunkin Donuts Corp. had made a policy announcement but did not enforce it. After their LBO the investors decided they could not afford the risk of having an ICE crackdown on a franchisee as it would ruin their image system wide and lead to expensive suits. Right now if the franchisees do not use E-verify they lose the right to use the name.

That being said Dunkin Donuts has good working conditions, benefits and a fast track management training program. If you only have a high school degree even if you are from a foreign country it is a great place to work. In four years if you stick it out you can make as much as had you gone to college. It attracts a lot of legal immigrants and they know about it from their relatives even before they come here.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I just wrote the Dunkin Donut Corporate offices a email thanking them for doing the right thing. The Low-Wage Immigrant Worker (LWIW) Coalition members don't eat donuts anyway so their pathetic protest will mean little.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

I live in Starbucks Country, so it has been hard for Dunkin Donuts to build a franchise here in Seattle. But after hearing about this "boycott" I could only laugh. Now with the full nationwide boycott by LaRaza, they will put a full $112.35 of hurt on Dunkin Donuts! Don't you need to have some sort of purchasing power to be effective?

This boycott is absolutely ridiculous. They are protesting that this corporation is choosing to abide by the law? Nonsense.

In response to their boycott...I was going to purchase some coffee today, but before I run into work a little later on, I am going to stop by Target and pick up 6 bags of unground Dunkin Donuts coffee. In fact, I am going to make it a point to purchase only Dunkin Donuts coffee (the unground is actually really good) from here on out. I am sure I can convince friends and loved ones to do the same.

It's funny because Dunkin Donuts seems to be fairly prominent world wide. I like to stop into the one in Berlin at Zooligischer Garden Station. It's where the Walking Tours lead off from and they have an internet cafe. On a side note, I did a walking tour of the Berlin Wall there and at the end the guide attempted to make some profound statement about how walls don't work, etc. Then stated in "America thy are trying to build a wall..." Before he could get off anything else I cut him off and mentioned how this comparison was ridiculous, that, as he had just attempted to demonstarte, the Berlin Wall was designed to keep people in. He tried to work around it, but it didn't really come out well. He was a Kiwi after all and most tour guides are like used car salesman. People in the crowd from many different countries and couldn't understand why we don't.

Sidetracked. But I will support Dunkin Donuts whole heartedly.

https://www.dunkindonuts.com/

Darn we don't have a dunken donuts in Idaho!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Doots
    The boycott will never work. Too many policemen like their donut breaks.
    You're right!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I LOVE Dunkin Donuts coffee so much I'm in there every day, they see me coming and have my coffee ready! Guess what else? Mostly all the DD's in my area are owned by Indian immigrants, ain't that grand? They're legal and they speak ENGLISH too! Truly a melting pot.

I LOVE DUNKIN DONUTS!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

That's it, I'm sold, Duncan Donuts forever!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I was one of the folks who emailed DD about the sign in the Waukegan store. Glad to hear our voices had an effect.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

The issue of Duncan Donuts has come up before. At the corporate level they have demonstrated good overall behavior. I would also agree that any problems with regard to hiring IAs is due solely to local slip-ups at a franchise level.

Someone in my family was asking about them a couple weeks ago, and to my surprise, a quick search in the local phone book turned up.... nothing. They don't have a franchise here. I wish they would.

If you've got a minute to send along your thanks...

Here's their contact page:

https://www.dunkindonuts.com/aboutus/co ... spx?type=5

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast