Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MA: 65% of teen pregnancies are Hispanic teens

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/103305.php

I thought that there were such great "family values"....that these very "Catholic" families ....apparently the stigma of pre-marital sex, teen pregnancy is lost once they cross the border?

Teenage Birth Rates In Massachusetts Highest Among Hispanics; Legislation Needed To Address The Issue, Experts Say
    09 Apr 2008

Births to Hispanic teenagers living in the western part of Massachusetts -- a state with one of the lowest teen pregnancy rates in the nation -- are more prevalent than teen births among other groups and the rate is growing, a health expert said at a conference on Monday, the Springfield Republican reports.

According to Patricia Quinn, executive director of the Massachusetts Alliance on Teen Pregnancy, who spoke at an event sponsored by the Youth Empowerment Adolescent Health Network, 65% of teenage births in Springfield, Mass., were to Hispanics in 2006, up from 48% a decade earlier. Sarah Perez-McAdoo, co-founder of the network and an obstetrician-gynecologist at Baystate Medical Center, said the Hispanic teenage pregnancy rate in Massachusetts is six times higher than that of non-Hispanics.

According to other statistics released at the event, of all births in Springfield among girls ages 15 to 19 in 2006, 64.9% were to Hispanics, up from 48.6% in 1996. Ruthie Flores, senior manager for the Latina Initiative of the National Campaign on Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy, said that 51% of Hispanic teenagers have at least one pregnancy before age 20 and that many do not finish high school. Quinn added that one-third of Hispanic youth report never having had a conversation with a parent about sex. She said more community support and improved access to sex education and contraception would help address the high birth rate. Quinn, who is expected to release a report on teen pregnancy in the state next month, said lawmakers need to do more to address the problem (Constantine, Springfield Republican, 4/.

Reprinted with kind permission from http://www.kaisernetwork.org. You can view the entire Kaiser Daily Health Policy Report, search the archives, or sign up for email delivery at http://www.kaisernetwork.org/dailyreports/healthpolicy. The Kaiser Daily Health Policy Report is published for kaisernetwork.org, a free service of The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation. © 2005 Advisory Board Company and Kaiser Family Foundation. All rights reserved.

Article URL: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/103305.php

Main News Category: Pregnancy / Obstetrics

Also Appears In: Pediatrics / Children's Health,

You need a licence to have a dog...............
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

'
    Legislation Needed To Address The Issue, Experts Say
    09 Apr 2008"

Yes the first law: Put God back in the schools

No more welfare for teen mothers, let the family pay.

No drivers license or any other state permit unless High school is completed for teen mothers.

The fathers must pay or jail no exceptions

No birth certificates unless mother and sperm donnor
    are US citizens, DNA test mandatory

If the "papa" is unknown no bennies at all nothing. the
    family should pay for the birth not the tax payer.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Legislation Needed To Address The Issue
    Nice job of passing the buck.

No all these organizations that are receiving Harry Reid's earmarks like La Raza need to address the issue. It is apparent that the legislators have given them funding to address the problems of Hispanics and they are wasteing it on a political agenda instead.

What has LULAC, NCLA, the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Catholic Church... done for all these pregnant girls?
    All I see is conduct studies and complain in the press and ask for more of our taxpaid money to address this issue that was neglected by their politial driven and exclusively Hispanic "non-profits" .

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ruthie Flores, senior manager for the Latina Initiative of the National Campaign on Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy, said that 51% of Hispanic teenagers have at least one pregnancy before age 20 and that many do not finish high school.
    51% of hispanic teens have a baby before the age of 21 in which 100% of those babies are paid for by American tax dollars.

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    YEAH and a big woooooooooo hoooooooooooooooo

Me have baby... you pay me, me have more baby, you pay me more... sounds like a re-accuring theme

Get rid of the big money give away and Anchor baby Status

This is ONE of the reasons I hate the term "hispanic" being used for everyone from a Spanish speaking nation.

I come from Argentina and teen (or ANY) pregnancies outside of marriage were a big no-no. We had a name for girls that did that
    "

Miguelina-The illegals have a name for girls like that too!!

The illegals have a name for girls like that too!!

Populare!

I thought Catholic families were dead set against sex before marriage?? Am I confused???