Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MA: Alleged Waltham Hit And Run Driver Ordered Held On Bail;

Alleged Waltham Hit And Run Driver Ordered Held On Bail; Is Illegal Immigrant

Suspect will appear in court next month.

By Ryan Grannan-Doll

December 5, 2011

A 29-year-old Waltham man woman, living in the U.S. illegally, and accused of killing a Waltham man in a pedestrian accident, was ordered held $50,000 bail during a Waltham District Court hearing today.

Waltham District Court Judge Gregory Flynn ordered Blanca Contreras, who has a 3-year-old son, held on $50,000 cash bail ($500,000 surety), and placed conditions on her if she posts the bail.

Contreras is accused of running over and killing 39-year-old Scott Coxall on Nov. 23 and leaving the scene of the accident.

She faces charges of negligent motor vehicle homicide, leaving the scene of personal injury and death, leaving the scene of property damage, use of a motor vehicle without authority, negligent operation of a motor vehicle, unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, speeding and a municipal ordinance violation, according to court documents. She is also charged with failing to stop or yield and a crosswalk violation.

Contreras is scheduled to appear in court again on Jan. 3.

Middlesex County District Attorney Ceara Mahoney, during the hearing, confirmed Contreras had been illegally living in the United States for 11 years.

“Mrs. Contreras is not a legal resident,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Waltham District Court Judge Gregory Flynn ordered Blanca Contreras, who has a 3-year-old son, held on $50,000 cash bail ($500,000 surety), and placed conditions on her if she posts the bail.
    Why is it that children are brought into the story when the person arrested is illegal? Had this been an American, having children wouldn't be brought up. Are we supposed to give illegals special treatment because they have a kid? What she did was reprehensible, she doesn't deserve any type of bail for any reason!

How about the VICTIM here? How many kids did he have? Why wasn't HIS family mentioned? How about the sob stories for an AMERICAN family that was devastated with his loss?

These sob stories for the CRIMINAL ALIEN make me sick to my stomach! SHE took another's LIFE, why should she get special consideration simply because she's ILLEGAL and has a child?

Quote Originally Posted by nomas
    Why is it that children are brought into the story when the person arrested is illegal? Had this been an American, having children wouldn't be brought up. Are we supposed to give illegals special treatment because they have a kid? What she did was reprehensible, she doesn't deserve any type of bail for any reason!

How about the VICTIM here? How many kids did he have? Why wasn't HIS family mentioned? How about the sob stories for an AMERICAN family that was devastated with his loss?

These sob stories for the CRIMINAL ALIEN make me sick to my stomach! SHE took another's LIFE, why should she get special consideration simply because she's ILLEGAL and has a child?

Agree nomas. I ought to buy stock in my antacid medicine... it's needed often enough!

I don't car if she was here legally, she still shouldn't be eligible for bail - driving without a license, speeding and not stopping at a crosswalk that ended in killing another human being - who I'm SURE has family and friends who loved him and will miss and suffer the loss. Then to take off after hitting him with her car - that's just wrong, just wrong, wrong, wrong.

Her status just multiplies the crime exponentially as if she were not here, this would not have happened. And yet, as you say, so often there is a concerted effort by the media to try to make the criminal illegals look like the ones suffering and the victims and the blubbering about how the perpetrator has a family and what will happen to their kids and oh my!, they'll be deported just because they had an accident that took a life when all they wanted was a better life and they are sorry... blah blah blah blah blah blah and on and on and on we go! While totally omitting the true sob story - the victim's story. The amount of inequity just makes you sick.

Maddening!
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€