Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Macy's give discount to illegals, while they cut jobs

My uncle lives in Houston and said that the local news did an investigative news story about Macy's giving up to 11% discount to anyone with Mexican National ID, here in the US.

http://www.click2houston.com/investigat ... etail.html
    (there is a tab that has a video attached if you would like to see it follow the link)

Ask Amy: Who Gets Special Savings At Macy's?
    By Amy Davis

POSTED: Thursday, February 5, 2009
    UPDATED: 8:29 am CST February 5, 2009
    HOUSTON -- Twenty-percent off, half off or clearance … who doesn't love a sale? What if we told you one major department store is making special offers to a select group of people?

You and I don't qualify for a special savings card at Macy's, but you're asking Amy who does. Investigative reporter Amy Davis used a hidden camera to show you.

We bought two T-shirts from Macy's. They are the same brand, same color and the price tag shows they were both on sale for $11.99 – but that's not what rang up at the register.

Wearing a hidden camera, we sent our photographer shopping at Macy's. He's a dual citizen in both Mexico and the United States. Why does that matter? Just read the exchange at the register with the Macy's clerk.

Photographer: "Is there any discount for people out of town or out of here?"

Employee: "Oh, where are you from?"

Photographer: "Mexico."

Employee: "OK. I have to see identification. I can give you a discount of 11 percent."

Our photographer got an 11 percent discount simply because he's not from here.

We compared receipts. Our first shopper with a Mexico driver's license paid $11.55.Our producer, born and raised in Texas, paid $12.98 for the same T-shirt.

The producer asked for any available discounts. He didn't get that 11 percent, or any discount for that matter.

Macy's says it's an International Savings Card designed to encourage tourism to our city as well as shopping in Macy's stores.

Our T-shirts didn't cost much, but if you made a bigger purchase, the savings can add up. While a $100 item would cost a Houstonian $100, an international shopper would only pay $89.

Do you feel it's unfair you're not entitled to the same bargain in your own back yard?

We asked Macy's about that, too. The representative said we get a better discount because Macy's offers 15 to 20 percent discounts by mail and in the newspaper on a regular basis. That International Savings Card discount can not be combined with any other offers.

If you have a consumer question to "Ask Amy," send her an e-mail.

Copyright 2009 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

It's time to boycott Macy's....make this public. Macy's just announced 7,000 workers that are being laid-off and many store closings.....besides this smacks of discriminatory practices...they are offering better terms and conditions of sales to people based on their national origin and that is patently illegal. Someone needs to take this up to the TX Attorney General and the Dallas Commission on Human Relations at least.

Ya. it would tick me off. I've seen the opposite.....think it was in the Keys, where residents got savings and they kept their prices up for tourists. I mean you had to be resident in the town, not just from anyone who lived in Florida. I thought it was nice gesture towards the residents. I mean love tourists, but your lifestyle and such is messed up when the season arrives.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

working4change
    Please join in at the link below. Call your senators.

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-145317.html

Discrimination...

Isnt this a form of discrimination? WTF

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    Ya. it would tick me off. I've seen the opposite.....think it was in the Keys, where residents got savings and they kept their prices up for tourists. I mean you had to be resident in the town, not just from anyone who lived in Florida. I thought it was nice gesture towards the residents. I mean love tourists, but your lifestyle and such is messed up when the season arrives.
    They give Freeport residents a 15% break in stores here in Maine. Our town has been ruined by tourism but the tides are turning! I have been waiting for this depression. I drove thru last week and the streets were mostly empty. Locals were all talking about how nice it is.

I'm calling Houston Macy's NOW!
    My first sentence is "That it's all over the Internet about them giving illegal's a 11% discount. LOL

~~~~~~~~~
    Macy's Downtown Houston
    1110 Main Street
    Houston, TX 77002
    713-405-7035
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Macy's Houston Galleria at Hidalgo
    5135 W. Alabama
    Houston, TX 77056
    832-667-4200
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Macy's Houston Galleria at Sage
    2727 Sage Road
    Houston, TX 77056
    713/968-1985
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Re: Discrimination...

Quote Originally Posted by Tbow009
    Isnt this a form of discrimination? V****V

I totally agree, this IS discrimination. PURE and Simple!

Notice that this isn't being talked about ANYWHERE, Macy's doesn't advertise this on their site.

You just come in and show your magic Mexican ID and bam there's your discount.

OH and by the way, I'm trying to get this story picked up nationally. I've been going to various news sites and posting on the blogs. Please help if you can. Just go to your favorite news web site and post it on a blog if they have one.

They give Freeport residents a 15% break in stores here in Maine. Our town has been ruined by tourism but the tides are turning! I have been waiting for this depression. I drove thru last week and the streets were mostly empty. Locals were all talking about how nice it is.
    I hated living in a tourist area. You were basicly run out of town for months at a times in order to cater to just the tourists. An alien in your own home. They seem to forget there are residents there trying to live a normal life.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

....offering discounts to "residents" of a local area versus non-residents is not discriminatory.....but offering discounts/price-cuts etc. to people based on their national origin is a violation of federal civil rights laws against discrimnation (you can't discrminate in the provision of goods/services/lodging based on gender, race, ethnicity, disability or national origin). If they are giving specific discounts to Mexican nationals who provide Mexican issued identification and not to U.S. citizens than it is most definitely discrimination based on national origin. Someone needs to send this to the TX Attorney General and Governor.

Macy's Headquarters Address
    700 On The Mall
    Minneapolis, MN 55402
    United States
    Phone: 612-375-2200
    Fax: 612-375-2795

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast