Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Madeleine Albright: U.S. Needs Open Borders So It Can Demand Same from Europe

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Madeleine Albright: U.S. Needs Open Borders So It Can Demand Same from Europe

July 4, 2018
    Virginia Hale
    2,392 comments

Clinton-era Secretary of State Madeleine Albright has slammed U.S. efforts to secure the border, telling the BBC that the immigration policy of President Donald J. Trump “makes it very hard for America to tell Europeans … to be more humane”

Promoting her new book entitled Fascism: A Warning on the Andrew Marr Show, the former U.S. Secretary of State said she has been “very troubled” by the Trump administration’s moves to end the ‘catch and release’ of illegals into American communities while they await immigration hearings.

America’s former ambassador told the BBC that detentions at the U.S. border “remind one of things that happen in fascist countries”, adding that “there’s plenty of room for people in the United States and there are a lot of companies now saying that we need them”.

When people ask her opinion “about what’s happening to Europe on the same issue”, Albright said she thinks the President’s “offensive” crackdown on illegal immigration “makes it very hard for America to tell Europeans what to do if we can’t figure out how to be more humane ourselves”.

Breitbart London
    ‏@BreitbartLondon
    Follow Follow @BreitbartLondon
    More
    Irish PM Meets Hillary Clinton, Insists Europe Needs More Migrants to ‘Enrich Societies’

https://www.breitbart.com/london/201...ration-enrich/
    7:37 AM - 23 Jun 2018

Asked on the BBC whether the ‘fascism’ of her book title describes Trump, she denied it but said: “I do think he’s the most undemocratic President in modern American history and that troubles me.”

Marr pointed out: “There is another way of looking at this which is that you have an idiosyncratic, outspoken, very popular President, a well-tried, long-tested democratic system which is robust, and an opposition which simply doesn’t get it.”

In response, Albright told the BBC journalist that “fascism is hard to define”, alleging that “a fascist leader is someone who identifies himself with one group, tribal of some kind, in order to really isolate and insulate the people who are disagreed with”.

But she added: “Ultimately a fascist leader uses violence to get what he wants, so no, I do not think that Trump is a fascist leader but I do think his attitude towards freedom of speech and the role of the media, and his disregards for institutions worries me.”

The warhawk leftist who served under President Bill Clinton has been a vocal critic of Trump, last month alleging in a discussion with the Washington Post that the President’s immigration policy and language referring to migrants was “un-American and appalling”.

https://www.breitbart.com/london/201...orders-europe/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I always thought that woman was silly as a goose and she's still proving I'm right.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Democrats are on a suicide mission. Equivalent to the NeoCons.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

OPEN THE BORDER TO AFRICA...SEND OUR 30 MILLION ILLEGAL ALIENS TO THEM!

WHY CAN'T AFRICA, MEXICO, CENTRAL AMERICA "BE HUMANE"???

LOL...GO RETIRE ALREADY!
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL