Mainstream Media Hides Pres. Trump's Thumbs Up of the All-Important Davis-Oliver Act

It's up to NumbersUSA and our army of citizen activists to get the word out and push Congress to pass this law to protect Americans

Judy --

If you haven't heard yet, the House of Representatives passed an immigration enforcement bill just before the July 4th break. The "No Sanctuary for Criminals Act" passed the House just before the July 4th break. This bill blocks grants from the Department of Homeland Security and Department of Justice from going to jurisdictions that refuse to cooperate with Federal immigration enforcement.

(Now, NumbersUSA is pushing hard to get this important first-step bill through the Senate. You were emailed an Action Alert yesterday for what we need you to do.)

Pres. Trump is happy that the bill passed the House, but he's clear that he also needs an enforcement bill with broader reach and more teeth. A bill that gives law enforcement the tools it needs to enforce the immigration laws of the U.S. -- President Trump wants the Davis-Oliver Act.

While the media played up H.R. 3003 and Kate's Law, they failed to mention the Davis-Oliver Act, which has passed committee and is ready to be brought to the House floor for a vote. With such a great bill ready to be voted on in the House, you'd think the media would be all over it. You'd be wrong.

Why? Because the media doesn't want the Davis-Oliver Act to succeed. They know that, if passed, it would empower law enforcement to keep criminal aliens off the streets and out of communities across the nation.

After meeting with the families of victims of criminal aliens including both the Davis and Oliver families, a press pool report failed to report on Pres. Trump's ringing endorsement of this life-saving legislation. Instead, it was noted with an asterisked citation. Here's the press pool version of the President's remarks:

"You lost the people that you love because our government refused to enforce our nation's immigration laws and that's including the existing immigration laws. For years the pundits, journalists, politicians in Washington refused to hear your voices but on election day 2016 your voices were heard all across the entire world. No one died in vain I can tell you that."
"*POTUS also spoke about calling for the passage of the Davis-Oliver Act."

"We're calling on all members of congress to honor grieving American families by passing these life-saving messages in the house, in the senate and then sending them to my desk for a very rapid signature. I promise you it will be done quickly. You don't have to wait the mandatory period. It will be very quick."

Yet when the White House Press Office released the full transcript of the meeting with the victims' families, Pres. Trump's thumbs up for the Davis-Oliver Act was truly revealed:

"This package includes the Davis-Oliver Act, whose passage I called for nearly a year ago at my inauguration speech and immigration speech -- both -- the immigration speech taking place in Phoenix, Arizona. The Davis-Oliver Act was named for Detective Michael Davis and Deputy Sheriff Danny Oliver, who were gunned down in the line of duty by an illegal immigrant with a criminal record and two prior deportations. And everybody knew this person was big, big trouble, and they begged law enforcement to get him out. And they were unable to do that."

--President Donald Trump
June 28

H.R. 3003 is the first enforcement bill passed by the House since Pres. Trump took office in January. But just two weeks ago, the House also passed the Verify First Act, which will keep illegal aliens from getting taxpayer-funded health-care subsidies. We've got momentum.

Keep the ball moving!

Even if we get the House to pass the Davis-Oliver Act, then the Senate must pass both. Whew! We've got a lot to do.

Help send these bills to Pres. Trump so he can turn them into law.

NumbersUSA
July 6, 2017