Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Making English Our Nation's Official Language

Oklahoma's U.S. Senator, Jim Inhofe has a bill to Making English Our Nation's Official Language.
    He has blog talking where he asking what we think.

---------------------------------------------------------

Posted at 4:22 PM on 3/7/2008 by JimInhofe

Making English Our Nation's Official Language

This past Wednesday, 12 of my Senate colleagues and I introduced 15 specific bills making critical improvements to our nation’s immigration system.

Unlike the flawed comprehensive immigration reform approach taken last year, these bills are each independent and will be considered by the Senate individually. This time, there will be no opportunity to hinder the progress of sensible immigration reform based upon a single obscurity.

My piece of legislation, the National Language Act of 2008, makes English our unifying, national language. It will end the entitlement signed by President Clinton forcing government documents and services to be provided in any language.

Official English makes fiscal sense, and it is what Americans want. The White House Office of Management and Budget has released data indicating government services offered in languages other than English costs between one and two billion dollars each year. Nationwide polling consistently shows Americans overwhelmingly believe that English should be the national language. A recent Zogby International poll shows that even 71 percent of Latinos agree that English should be the national language.

Furthermore, even the U.S. Senate agrees that English should be our official language. In a vote during the comprehensive immigration reform debate last year, the Senate overwhelmingly voted 66-33 to support my amendment making English our national language. And though the amendment failed with the immigration reform bill, I look forward to getting this bill passed in its standalone form.

Soon we will have the opportunity to watch this bill be judged on its own merits, and we will finally have a debate on establishing English as this country’s national language.

Do you agree English should be our national language? Read Senator Inhofe's blog post and offer your comments.

http://tracking.technomania.com/cgi-...53-63540-53488
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

Absolutely! English should be our official language.
    Official English makes fiscal sense, and it is what Americans want. The White House Office of Management and Budget has released data indicating government services offered in languages other than English costs between one and two billion dollars each year
    You must be kidding me. More money completely fushed down the toilet! Now I understand why some people refuse to pay taxes.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Immediately!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I used to think that this was a no-brainer but someone brought up a very interesting thought. What about the Native Americans and their languages? Choctaw, Cherokee etc. aren't they entitled to keep what is left of their language?
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

Quote Originally Posted by kniggit
    I used to think that this was a no-brainer but someone brought up a very interesting thought. What about the Native Americans and their languages? Choctaw, Cherokee etc. aren't they entitled to keep what is left of their language?
    Of course they can, but there's no reason we have to pay for it.
    "

I thought one of the posters on the blog had an interesting idea:

Please consider banking legislation to prevent wiring money out of our country without legal status in our country. That alone will possibly keep millions in our economy and possibly cause millions of illegal immigrants to self deport.

I'm allll for this.

I'll go offer my comments.

It's gotten so bad in my town. Yesterday they had a health/immigration fair at one of our schools. The flyer said that translation would be offered at the seminars if needed. But guess what not in Spanish -but English??!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinwaukegan
    I'm allll for this.

I'll go offer my comments.

It's gotten so bad in my town. Yesterday they had a health/immigration fair at one of our schools. The flyer said that translation would be offered at the seminars if needed. But guess what not in Spanish -but English??!!!

speachless - just

I don't know about you fedup, but I'm thinking about moving out of this crooked sanctuary state. Just read the news, it’s corruption all over the state, and at all levels.
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

The interesting thing is ...India, the Phillipines, Singapore and many other nations make ENGLISH their official language...precisely b/c they have so many different native languages ...they smartly chose to have one unifying language for education, business, government. This is a no-brainer, of course we need to make English as the official language. The only ones who will complain of course are the "bilingual services" employees and agencies that have profitted from having everything translated into Spanish.

Thank you for posting this MadinChicago.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn