Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Man admits putting cameras in restaurant bathroom

Mauro Rito made one mistake when he turned on the video camera secretly mounted under a bathroom sink to sneak a peek at his boss: He recorded himself adjusting the camera.

The Humble seafood restaurant worker will spend eight months behind bars after pleading guilty Tuesday to placing video cameras in a bathroom at work to take explicit pictures of his female supervisor.

"I understand I committed something serious, and I must pay the consequences," Rito, 53, said in state District Judge Randy Roll’s court after admitting to two counts of improper photography.

The illegal immigrant from Mexico is expected to be deported when he gets out, Roll said.

Rito was arrested this week after a female supervisor at El Senor Fish Mexican restaurant on FM 1960 found a camera camouflaged with a brown paper bag attached to the bottom of a bathroom sink. She had just seen Rito leave the bathroom, prosecutors said.

"It is our understanding that he may have had feelings for her that she wasn’t aware of," said Assistant Harris County District Attorney Eve Flores.

In his plea, Rito said that he had set up secret cameras at least twice.

Flores said she did not know if women other than the supervisor were videotaped.

Rito’s attorney, David Garza, declined comment.

brian.rogers@chron.com

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/met ... 73273.html
    287(g) + e-verify + SSN no match = Attrition through enforcement

Our illegal alien dollars hard at work.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836