Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Man deported from U.S. following felony conviction gets prison for illegal reentry

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Man deported from U.S. following felony conviction gets prison for illegal reentry

(Photo: Kent County Jail)

June 12, 2017

GRAND RAPIDS, MICH. (WZZM) - A Guatemalan citizen booted from the U.S. following multiple drunk driving offenses was sentenced Monday, June 12 to two years in federal prison for returning to the U.S. illegally.

Alvaro Humberto Len-Gonzalez, 35, was arrested in Grand Rapids last summer and charged with possession of cocaine and providing false information to police. Authorities learned he was in the country illegally, which led to a federal charge of alien felony reentry.

“He has come to realize that nearly all of his contacts with law enforcement have involved the abuse of alcohol or drugs,’’ his attorney wrote in a federal sentencing memorandum.

Len-Gonzalez admitted to being in the U.S. illegally, having first arrived here in 1999, working jobs in the construction industry. He was deported in 2013 after being convicted of third-offense drunk driving in Kent County. He returned to the U.S. in April, 2016. Two months later, Len-Gonzalez was arrested in Grand Rapids for possession of cocaine. He was convicted in that case and sentenced to probation.

Len-Gonzalez, a father of two sons, saw his marriage deteriorate after he was deported in 2013, federal court records show.

He returned to the U.S. because he wanted to be near his children, court records show.

In a letter to the court, Len-Gonzalez apologized for his actions.

“The reason why I came back is because I have my family here and I want to be with them and work and be able to support them,’’ he wrote. “I know I was wrong for coming back to this country without permission and I also know that I should be punished for breaking the law.’’

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/man-depor...ntry/448072285
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

DEPORT THE WHOLE FAMILY!!!
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL