Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Man fatally stabbed at S.A. carnival

Man fatally stabbed at S.A. carnival
    Associated Press
    04/28/2008

SAN ANTONIO - A 19-year-old man was fatally stabbed at Fiesta Carnival after his family tried to stop him from attending the big San Antonio event after dark.Police said Robert Perales may have died in a gang fight late Friday night, as the carnival was closing.

Officers questioned some juveniles and released them Saturday but they remained suspects, said police spokesman Joe Rios.

Perales was a tile layer who lived on his own but remained close to his family, said relatives, who tried to talk him out of going to Fiesta Carnival the day before the fight.

"I told him, ‘Don't go at night, son.' There's nothing but trouble over there at night," said his father, also named Robert.

Fiesta Commission spokeswoman Anne Cannon said organizers regretted the loss of life. She said there are usually 100 to 150 arrests at the carnival for public intoxication, fighting and underage drinking. But she said major crimes are rare and the event, which draws up to 500,000 people over 12 days, has overall "been an extremely safe experience."

Police quelled several gang fights at the carnival last year, and a 15-year-old boy survived a stabbing in 2005. In 1999, an 8-year-old girl was abducted and killed by a carnival worker, and an 18-year-old man was shot and killed in 1994.

After 30 years near Market Square, the event was moved this year to an Alamodome parking lot.

http://tinyurl.com/3gbdqb

Police quelled several gang fights at the carnival last year, and a 15-year-old boy survived a stabbing in 2005. In 1999, an 8-year-old girl was abducted and killed by a carnival worker, and an 18-year-old man was shot and killed in 1994.
    These are "extremely safe experiences"?!?!?!?! 100-150 arrests and murder are nowhere near safe! What is she thinking?!?!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Sounds like a GREAT family friendly event! I wonder how many of these heinous crimes were committed by illegals?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Great...another forced multi-cultural fiasco.

Hardley a safe family event. I think I read an article here where many guys from Mexico were upset because they weren't getting the temp. worker visas they used to get to be carnival workers. The town depended on these temp visas while they were here working in our carnivals.

I just find it totally un-safe to bring in foreign workers in which they move so much and can just skip over the border to never face charges for any crimes they might commit here.

Bothers me because these traveling Carnivals were one of the first things my parents would let go of the strings and allow me to attend with friends. You aren't likely to report anything if you fear your new found "teenage freedom" might be at risk. They figured we went as a group and would be safe....now you're almost afraid to let them go with a group.....

I wouldnt let my kids go alone and I'd watch them like a hawk if I was dumb enough to risk taking them there. Carnival people are, for lack of a better word, kinda trashy. My Dad was in the beer business when I was growing up and so I spent a lot of time at the Del Mar Fair back in the 70's and 80's and things I saw going on there with carnies - I'd rather not mention.