Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Many Americans Open to Temporary Worker Program

http://www.angus-reid.com

November 5, 2005

Many Americans Open to Temporary Worker Program

(Angus Reid Global Scan) – Many adults in the United States would welcome a plan to establish a guest worker plan in their country, according to a poll by Scripps Howard News Service released by Ohio University. 50 per cent of respondents believe Congress should allow illegal immigrants to stay in the U.S. as long as they have willing employers, while 40 per cent disagree.

The U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service estimates that more than 7 million illegal immigrants are currently living in the country. A recent report by the Pew Hispanic Center calculated the number of undocumented immigrants at 10.3 million. While California is home to most workers, Arizona, Georgia and North Carolina have the greatest rates of increase. 45 per cent of respondents believe the number of immigrants allowed in the U.S. should decrease, while 34 per cent would maintain the present level.

In January 2004, U.S. president George W. Bush tabled his proposal for a major overhaul of the U.S. immigration system. The plan includes a "temporary worker program" that would grant legal status to undocumented workers, who would pay taxes, be required to return to their home country after three years, and receive no special preference if they decide to apply for permanent citizenship.

On Oct. 18, Bush explained his views on immigration, saying, "We’ve got to strengthen security along our borders to stop people from entering illegally. In other words, we’ve got to stop people from coming here in the first place. Secondly, we must improve our ability to find and apprehend illegal immigrants who have made it across the border. If somebody is here illegally, we’ve got to do everything we can to find them. And thirdly, we’ve got to work to ensure that those who are caught are returned to their home countries as soon as possible."

Polling Data

Should Congress enact a guest worker plan to allow illegal immigrants to stay in this country as long as they have willing employers?

Yes 50%

No 40%

Don’t know 8%

Other response 2%

I’d like to ask you about immigration. In general, should the number of immigrants allowed in the United States be kept at its present level, increased or decreased?

Kept at present level 34%

Increased 11%

Decreased 45%

Don’t know 7%

Other response 3%
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I wonder if there is mention of our 14 million American who are unemployed before asking them the question?
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yea right! Who took this poll? And was it answered by a bunch foreign illegals?
    If I were to vote right now, I would NOT want any kind of 'Temporary Work Program'. I would put a complete halt to any form of immigration until we gain complete control of our borders! And I would DEPORT every single ILLEGAL alien that is already here, because they obviously have no regard for our laws.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn