Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

McCain answers challenge sends woman on payroll

http://projectusa.org/ezine/2005/05-17- ... lenge.html

McCain answers challenge sends woman on payroll
    Sends woman on payroll to say, "We didn't receive any challenge"
    By CRAIG NELSEN
    ProjectUSA director
    2 THINGS

Friends, Viacom has put us in a very tough spot. With a single exception, donations have really fallen off, which I understand. It's hard to continue to be generous, and see nothing to show for it.

I just want to point out two things:

The Billboard Democracy site is up and running nearly glitch free, so our campaign will be back on track starting today, thanks to the talents of Ryan MacGregor, database guy.

We are involved in an old-fasioned barroom brawl with John McCain. We can whip this Wall Street Journal Republican liar, but we'll need a little help to keep us going.
    FROM SUNDAY'S ARIZONA REPUBLIC

Suitable for a transparent billboard ...

Moments after Arizona's U.S. Sen. John McCain and colleagues unveiled a bipartisan bill on immigration reform
    last week, the state's most loquacious congressman, J.D. Hayworth, used the “A� word to denounce his fellow Republican's effort.

The bill offers a “transparent amnesty reward for illegal aliens,� Hayworth declared in a statement.

Easy enough for him to say, but try posting “Sen. John McCain Supports Amnesty� on a Phoenix billboard.

ProjectUSA, an anti-immigration group, tried to do that last month, but the billboard division of Viacom refused
    the ad as “bashing� McCain.

The nationwide organization is waiting for McCain to respond to its offer to pay for an independent panel of arbitrators to decide whether “amnesty,� a term McCain shuns, is a fair description of what the senator has
    supported in several votes.
    VIACOM'S "NO BASHING RULE"

SPEECH ALLOWED: “I don’t want to denigrate Kerry… but from a Viacom standpoint, the election of a Republican administration is a better deal. Because the Republican administration has stood for many things we believe in, deregulation and so on. The Democrats are not bad people.... But from a Viacom standpoint, we believe the election of a Republican administration is better for our company.�

SPEECH NOT ALLOWED: "Senator John McCain supports amnesty for illegal aliens."

ProjectUSA proposed billboard slogan Viacom nixed.
    Claiming it wouldn't allow us to post a billboard "bashing" Senator John McCain, Viacom, the multinational media conglomerate that ranks number four on the list of special interests paying "contributions" to Senator John McCain, used its monopoly on 30-sheet billboards in the Phoenix area to prevent us from displaying a slogan about the senator's immigration voting record.

It's frustrating, but it appears Viacom is going to get way with this outrageous breach of our country's deepest values. Likewise, Sen. McCain is going to be able to continue to get away with introducing massive amnesties for illegal aliens year after year in Congress, and then run around Arizona and, with impunity, flat-out lie to Arizonans about it.

Last week, we issued a challenge to Sen. McCain to let an independent panel determine who is telling the truth about his record: ProjectUSA or Senator McCain. Hearing nothing back, a few days later I called and left a voice mail for a staffer asking for an answer to our challenge. Still, nothing.

Yesterday, we got a call from McCain's office. I thought it was a little odd that the woman who called (Brook or Lee, I can't remember which, but it was the frosty one), while claiming to be only returning my call, asked for a copy of the letter I had referred to in the voice message I'd left, since, she said, they hadn't received it (even though Tom Johnson, who works here, hand delivered it to them).

However, she didn't ask at all what the letter was about. I thought that strange. Normally, if a person were returning a call to someone who'd left a message referring to a letter left at the office and wondering about the answer to the challenge contained in that letter, the person returning the call, if she really hadn't seen the letter, wouldn't just ask the person to fax over a copy of the letter without first asking a little about the nature of the challenge. I mean, I could've been challenging her to sign up 20 of her friends and family to sell Amway products.

At first I thought, well, maybe it's just the general wackiness over there. But now I think they must be stalling. They might want a little time to judge whether there will be any fall out from Sunday's mention of the challenge in the Arizona Republic.

If that's the case, then it might mean they are actually considering the possibility they might be forced to accept the challenge. Imagine if Phoenix talk radio gets a hold of this challenge, and discovers

* John McCain is sponsoring a massive new amnesty,
    * while denying its an amnesty,
    * while his #4 source of special interest cash
    * illegally prohibits public disagreement by trampling on the 1st Amendment rights of little ol' ProjectUSA censoring us, and preventing us from spreading the truth about John McCain's amnesty
    * and forcing us, then , to issue a challenge to John McCain to put his money where his mouth is, and put his claim about his bill up against ours, at our expense,
    * but who refuses to accept our challenge, and, instead, sends a woman from his office to answer our challenge with the lamest of all cowardly responses:

We didn't receive the challenge, Brook told me, proving that in addition to being a liar, Senator John McCain of Arizona has descended very far from whatever he was in his youth, and is now only a liar and the lowest kind of coward.

Either that, or maybe they really didn't receive the letter Tom Johnson handed them.

Whatever the case, it's great they have now officially received only the second version of the challenge, since, in that challenge, I added the massive new McCainnedy Amnesty [1], which, from what I've been able to find out, is a real doozy. So, with the addition of the McCainnedy Amnesty, there is a big dose of current events drama added to the ProjectUSA challenge--with enough human interest stuff to make John McCain the Paula Abdul of politics.

Will the nation's most loquacious senator, John McCain, do?

In Arizona, home of the famous OK Corral, located in the famous town of Tombstone, which, to this day, is nothing but a nest of varmints and armed vigilantes (armed and dangerous vigilantes! just ask the frightened townspeople listening to those shyster lawyers who've hung their shingle off the 18th floor at 125 Broad Street), will John McCain actually back down when his honor is publicly challenged?

When challenged in front of the whole town to stand behind his word, will Sen McCain say yes, I believe strongly that what I am saying is true.

Or will the aging and once glorious War Hero, locked in his own personal struggle against dissipation, turn away a broken and defeated man?

What will he do when the town beggar, wiping spittle from his chin with a dirty sleeve, shouts above the din of the crowded saloon, Hey! Sheriff! Yer a liar! [The room falls silent. The piano stops a half-second later. Someone drops a glass.] Yeah, that's right. I said it. And I'll say it again. Yer a low-down side-windin' no-account double-dealing skunk of a liar.

"You know, and I know, and everyone in this saloon knows, that any legislation that gives an illegal alien the right to remain legally in the United States, absolving him or her of the requirement, currently in law, to return home, is an amnesty.

You and I know, continued the town beggar unsteadily, an' everyone in this saloon knows that chargin' a fee for the amnesty don't mean it ain't an amnesty. An' requirin the alien to work a job he came here fer in the first place don't mean it ain't an amnesty. An makin' 'em pay a fine, or do 20 push-ups don't mean it ain't an amnesty neither.

It's an amnesty cause the aliens is pardoned as a class of lawbreakers and relieved of the penalty required for breakin' the law they broke at the time they broke it. An' it only ain't an amnesty if the aliens gotta go home.

The beggar had worked himself into an unsightly sweat, and several of the ladies in the room turned away in disgust. But the beggar continued to look the rich powerful sheriff dead on, while the sheriff trembled from the effort required to keep from looking around the room to see whether the town was with him.

The town beggar lurched forward and managed to slur out loudly enough for everyone to hear, Hey! Sheriff! I'll betcha ten crisp new 30-sheet billboards up there in Phoenix that that ain't nothin' right there in yer pocket but one of them amnesties ya cooked up with that dad-blamed fancy-pants easterner who is more responsible for this country's immigration mess than any other human alive, in the first place, him and some of them newspaper boys up in New York City.

Now I haven't read yer new legislation as the text aint available yet online, but I'll wager your legislation provides the means by which some of them ferners in the country illegally can gain the legal right to remain permanently in the United States, eventually gaining U.S. citizenship, and there ain't no requirement they return home first and wait their turn to re-enter legally like everyone else like they'd have to if the laws was enforced today as we speak.

Am I right sheriff?

The sheriff was slowly sidling over to his staunchest supporter, the town jailer and undertaker, and local billboard monopoly Sumter S. Chwinestine, Sumter, he said, I don't hafta talk to this non-contributin' trash, no way. I already told him my answer to him. I told him back in February of 2000, in Darlington, SC, just up the road from Sumter, Sumter, when I was runnin' for President an' here this beggar was then, too, Sumter, putting up them billboards, an' he stood up right there in my rally in Darlington, SC and asked me, since I support an immigration policy that's doublin' U.S. population within the lifetimes of today's children, would I at least say where we should stop: one billion people? two billion people? three? never? ain't that the blamedest thing, Sumter? An' I told him from right where I stood, Sumter, you bethcha I did. From right where I stood. I looked him straight in the eye and right there in front of everyone, in front of that whole Darlington, SC crowd, I said to him slow and steady, You an' I obviously disagree, Sir, an' hold differin' views on immigration. But in my view, there ain't any room in the Republican Party for racists and white supremacists. That's what I said to 'im Sumter. Then I nodded, next question please.

The sheriff looked at the beggar and said, That's right Sumter, you don't let that beggar put up any of them billboards. He's just a-lookin to bash people in public.

Just then the beggar shouted, Whaddya say, Sheriff? I think yer lyin', an' I think ya know yer lyin', an I think yer too yella to stand behind yer word cause yer word ain't no good.

So here's my wager: If that there piece a paper in yer pocket, the one yer callin' the McCain-Kennedy-Kolbe-Flake-Gutirrez bill allows illegal aliens currently in the United States to gain legal status without leaving the country as the law requires, you'll admit you support amnesties for illegal aliens and you'll hire yer friend Mr. S. Chwinestine there to put up ten of them billboards in Phoenix, and they'll say, "I, Senator John McCain, support amnesty for illegal aliens." an' if the bill does not allow illegal aliens to remain, but requires them to return home as the law requires, I'll hire yer Mr. S. Chwinestine to put up ten billboards in Phoenix readin' "Senator John McCain does not support amnesty for illegal aliens."

And to show you just how confident I am, or drunk, I'll agree to let the editorial board of the Arizona Republic act as judges of our little wager.

Whaddya say Senator, yer not yella are ya?

Angry complaints about the term McCaineddy Amnesty should be directed to the term's originator, Rosemary Jenks, the language-abusing Director of Government Relations at NumbersUSA.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

McCain might stand to gain something that's off the radar screen.

FACT: >McCain - thru his family - has deep holdings in Vietnam

>He set it up BEFORE the sanctions were lifted

>He was a major contributor {along with JFnKerry} in having the sanctions lifted from VN

> He has strong ties to "real estate" in US

QUESTION: he has ties to a large gas {water} company in AZ. Are they ready to plant their feet in Mexico??

QUESTION: Does he have possible DEALINGS South of the Border that no one is aware of?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Angry complaints about the term McCaineddy Amnesty should be directed to the term's originator, Rosemary Jenks, the language-abusing Director of Government Relations at NumbersUSA.
    Um, isnt that the same place pushing the Real ID?
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

https://www.alipac.us/ftopict-3043-mccain.html+kennedy+act

Everybody--here is the link to the 150 page document called the Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act.

This is the McCain Kennedy Act....."Not to Act"
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

THANX, JUDY!
    I can't keep up with everything, lol.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)