Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

McCain heckled at Michigan event

"Mr. McCain was loudly heckled at an appearance in Livonia when he said that the nation’s 10 million illegal immigrants had to be treated humanely and not deported en masse. The catcalls eventually died down."
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    McCain and Romney Tangle Over Job Losses in Michigan

Article Tools Sponsored By
    By ELISABETH BUMILLER and JOHN M. BRODER
    Published: January 13, 2008

WARREN, Mich. — Senator John McCain and former Governor Mitt Romney battled Saturday over how to rejuvenate Michigan’s rusting economy as the two remained in a tight race in the final 72 hours heading into the state’s Republican primary.

Mr. McCain, who is leading in a number of statewide polls, continued to jab at Mr. Romney for peddling what Mr. McCain characterized as false economic hopes. Mr. Romney called Mr. McCain defeatist.

“I’m not pessimistic, I’m optimistic,â€

Mr. McCain was loudly heckled at an appearance in Livonia when he said that the nation’s 10 million illegal immigrants had to be treated humanely and not deported en masse.
    Surprised the Times added the adverb "loudly." They generally like to shade stories against conservatives and anti-illegal immigration candidates and activists.

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but here's a poll that will be relased today. The race is still very fluid though:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0108/7861.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    I saw that story earlier today ,

Fox is trying to skew that one , they just reported that
    McC was a point ahead of Romney

The next couple days will be wild

Would someone clue McCain in and the rest of the pundits. Where are they getting the number 11 million illegals. There are probably 6 million alone here in Calif!!!!! 20-30 million is a better estimate.

Quote Originally Posted by wilma1
    Would someone clue McCain in and the rest of the pundits. Where are they getting the number 11 million illegals. There are probably 6 million alone here in Calif!!!!! 20-30 million is a better estimate.
    CAPS released a study in November that stated the illegal alien population in the U.S. is 30-36 million.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here is the press release from CAPS:

ILLEGAL ALIENS ESTIMATED AT 20 TO 38 MILLION

http://www.cap-s.org/newsroom/press_rel ... mbers.html

Quote Originally Posted by Populist

Thanks for digging this up, Populist. This is what I will be quoting in all my letters, e-mails, correspondences and postings.

"Mr. McCain was loudly heckled at an appearance in Livonia when he said that the nation’s 10 million illegal immigrants had to be treated humanely and not deported en masse. The catcalls eventually died down."
    Heckle Heckle, wish I had been there.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    Quote Originally Posted by Populist

Thanks for digging this up, Populist. This is what I will be quoting in all my letters, e-mails, correspondences and postings.
    \

Ditto "Zeezil" to every congress person state and federal, that is the estimate they will get from me!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Thank you all for clarifying the number of illegals. I had heard the true figure a while ago but couldn't put my finger on it. These politicians know there are more than 11 million and McCain SHOULD know. His state has being affected severely by illegals.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast