Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MD - Cost of Illegal Aliens in Maryland

Maryland Study Reveals Staggering Increase of Illegal Immigration Costs and Voter Dissatisfaction
    PR Newswire
    22 mins ago
    WASHINGTON, Nov. 27 –

Separate Research Examines Impact on Prince George's County Schools

WASHINGTON, Nov. 27 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Simultaneous studies, released this week by the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR), document the true costs of illegal immigration in Maryland and demonstrate strong voter objections to the burdens placed on them by illegal immigration. The price tag associated with providing education, health care and incarceration of criminal illegal aliens is at least $1.3 billion a year, finds The Costs of Illegal Immigration to Marylanders. The impact is clearly recognized by Maryland voters. A new Pulse Opinion Research poll of 1,000 likely voters across the state found that, by a large margin, Marylanders believe that illegal immigration is harming their state.

The Costs of Illegal Immigration to Marylanders found that taxpayers spend:

* $ 1.1 billion a year to educate illegal immigrant children and the U.S. born children of illegal immigrants.
    * $ 167 million a year on unreimbursed health care for illegal aliens.
    * $ 29 million a year to incarcerate criminal illegal aliens.
    * The total represents an annual cost to each of Maryland's native-born headed households of $ 625.

The cost study is based on an estimate that the illegal alien population in Maryland is now 250,000 persons. The illegal alien population of Maryland has grown exponentially during this decade, nearly quadrupling since 2000.

In a separate report, English Learners and Immigration: A Case Study in Prince George's County, Maryland, FAIR examines the impact of mass immigration in local schools in Prince George's County. Because of large-scale legal and illegal immigration, the county has seen its non-English proficient student population grow from 7,064 in 2004 to 13,825 today. Programs to teach immigrant students English cost the county more than $66 million a year.

The Pulse Opinion Research poll found that:

* 73% of Maryland voters say illegal immigration has a negative impact on the state. Only 20% believe it has a positive impact on Maryland.
    * 77% of Maryland voters believe illegal aliens have a negative impact on the state budget, versus only 15% who believe their impact is positive.
    * 65% of Maryland voters believe that illegal immigration harms the state's schools. Only 18% believe illegal immigration has had a beneficial effect on education.
    * 55% believe illegal immigration should be reduced through better enforcement of immigration laws. Only 36% of Maryland voters favor amnesty or legalization for current illegal aliens.

"Voters in Maryland, like voters everywhere, want their elected officials in Washington and Annapolis to protect their interests, their jobs, and their tax dollars from the impact of mass illegal immigration," said Dan Stein, President of the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR). "The failure of government at all levels to institute and enforce sensible immigration policies is costing Marylanders jobs, billions in tax dollars, and their children the opportunity to get the quality education they need and deserve. At a time when state lawmakers are slashing budgets, spending on illegal immigrants in Maryland continues to rise over the strong objection of voters."

About FAIR

Founded in 1979, FAIR is the country's largest immigration reform group. With over 250,000 members nationwide, FAIR fights for immigration policies that serve national interests, not special interests. FAIR believes that immigration reform must enhance national security, improve the economy, protect jobs, preserve our environment, and establish a rule of law that is recognized and enforced.

SOURCE FAIR:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usnw/20091127/pl_usnw/DC17061_1
    Last edited by Jean; 11-27-2013 at 11:36 PM.
    Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"........

* 73% of Maryland voters say illegal immigration has a negative impact on the state. Only 20% believe it has a positive impact on Maryland.
    * 77% of Maryland voters believe illegal aliens have a negative impact on the state budget, versus only 15% who believe their impact is positive.
    * 65% of Maryland voters believe that illegal immigration harms the state's schools. Only 18% believe illegal immigration has had a beneficial effect on education.
    * 55% believe illegal immigration should be reduced through better enforcement of immigration laws. Only 36% of Maryland voters favor amnesty or legalization for current illegal aliens.
    And yet MD remains a safe haven for illegals! Wake up people, your elected officials sure as hell are NOT serving YOU.

* $ 1.1 billion a year to educate illegal immigrant children and the U.S. born children of illegal immigrants.
    * The total represents an annual cost to each of Maryland's native-born headed households of $ 625.
    And it will only increase as our elected traitors have no desire to stop this invasion nor the social grab bag of goodies these invaders depend on to make their lives here possible.

Wait until you're spending over 20 billion a year like my State of California does. It's right around the corner Maryland! Trust me!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My first friend I lost to illegal immigration is in MerryLand!!!

I have no contact with that Rabid Liberal anymore!
    BUT, I sent this story with my "unique" comments to his best friend!!!!
    THANK YOU FOR POSTING IT!
    As I recall I put out emails for ALL illegals to go to Maryland because my friend invites them all down there and there are JOBS GALORE!!!!!!!!

Oh yes, I'm A RELENTLESSS Patriot!!!
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

ELE

You have Alipac friends that support you Worried.

God Bless You Worried. I am so sorry about your friend, I understand
    ( first hand)what it's like to lose friends and even family members because they have been taken in by the liberal scam artists and/or the liberal marketing blitz krieg.

We don't have time for the liberal fools to wake up, we must do our part to protect our family and country.

Go get em Worried!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: You have Alipac friends that support you Worried.

Quote Originally Posted by ELE
    God Bless You Worried. I am so sorry about your friend, I understand
    ( first hand)what it's like to lose friends and even family members because they have been taken in by the liberal scam artists and/or the liberal marketing blitz krieg.

We don't have time for the liberal fools to wake up, we must do our part to protect our family and country.

Go get em Worried!
    Thanks Ele! You ought to see what I write politicians and leave on their answering machines! LOL

I have lost in 2 years the following friends:

Bill - over illegal immigration

Jolene - over religion

David - over emails about Obama and politics

Philip - over Obama's hatred of Jews and Philip is a Jew and an uninformed Obama voter.
    His defense was' I am informed, I READ THE NEW YORK TIMES EVERY DAY!!! LOL
    My answer back was, "Well now I don't even respect you!"
    He emailed back, "Until you stop, I don't want any contact for 3 months, HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
    I wrote back, MAKE IT A YEAR!!! Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!!!!"

Sandi - Another uninformed Obama voter pissed at my emails about the illegal Kenyan

Rich - politics

Lon - Another uninformed Obama voter pissed at my emails about the illegal Kenyan.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Most of my friends will say to me, "No talk about politics."
    So I say, "Ok, then no talk about my life either then."
    Dick Morris

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    And it will only increase as our elected traitors have no desire to stop this invasion nor the social grab bag of goodies these invaders depend on to make their lives here possible.

Wait until you're spending over 20 billion a year like my State of California does. It's right around the corner Maryland! Trust me!
    CASA DE MARYLAND IS IN CONTROL OF OUR STATE. TAX DOLLARS ARE USED TO FUND CASA DE MARYLAND, AND THIS IS AN ORGANIZATION THAT HELPS ILLEGAL ALIENS FIND JOBS, AND ALSO WORKS WITH EMPLOYERS WHO HIRE ILLEGALS. THIS ORGANIZATION NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN, BUT I HAVE NO IDEA AS TO GO ABOUT SHUTTING THEM DOWN!!!!
    Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"........

oh, also, CASA is now "offering their support" for the illegal alien woman, who earlier this month was detained because she was discovered to be in this country illegally, and also has a federal warrant out for her arrest. so what does she do? SUE MARYLAND FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS!

WHEN WILL THE MADNESS END IN MARYLAND!!!????

Quote Originally Posted by HippieChick

WHEN WILL THE MADNESS END IN MARYLAND!!!????
    When I get done with it!!!!
    They'll be SWIMMING is illegals and then they will do what Oklahoma did. MAKE THEM LEAVE by dropping EVERYTHING they are use to, Welfare, Licenses and JOBS!
    Oklahoma is now thriving and growing and things are getting back to normal. I read the story here somewhere...........

It won't take long in this economy.
    When we vote for Congressmen and Senators in November 2010 them corrupt lying POS will be going after the illegals or anything else they can, to get back in! Make sure they are voted out of Office. Spread it around the internet as to who is Pro-Illegal immigration.
    Good luck we'll be watching to see the paradigm shift about to take place in America as the weasels get ready to run for office again.
    Dick Morris

Hey folks,

Looks like we may have some people worth voting for in the 2010 elections. At least from first appearences

Constitutional Candidates for Congress
    Written by Thomas R. Eddlem
    Thursday, 12 November 2009 01:00

As recently as two years ago, Congressman Ron Paul introduced a bill to audit the Federal Reserve Bank that headed to oblivion. Year after year — beginning in 1983 — the bill never even won a committee hearing. Dr. Paul was ignored in Washington, and was a lonely voice for freedom back in his Texas congressional district.

Times have changed. Ron Paul is on a political roll. The bill Dr. Paul introduced in the current Congress to audit the Federal Reserve Bank (H.R. 1207) has more than 300 cosponsors — including every House Republican and more than 100 Democrats — and the backing of House Financial Services Committee Chairman Barney Frank. Frank has promised a committee vote, and it has a better-than-average chance of House passage this year. Dr. Paul’s new book End the Fed sailed into the top twenty of Amazon.com’s sales figures more than a month before it was available. It debuted on both Amazon.com and New York Times bestseller lists, and sales remain strong even today. His old presidential campaign has rolled over into a “Campaign for Libertyâ€

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast