Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Meatpackers union sues feds on immigration raids

Meatpackers union sues on immigration raids
    September 28, 2007
    By John Wojcik

Mike Graves, a 21-year veteran at the Swift & Co. plant in Marshalltown, Iowa, stood in front of a crowd of reporters in Washington, D.C., Sept. 12 and held a pair of handcuffs high over his head. Graves is a U.S. citizen who moved from his home in Mississippi 22 years ago and went to work as a meatpacker in Iowa.

“I was arrested last Dec. 12 for doing my job,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I feel that they have to interrogate people even if they don't suspect them of being illegal. If they only target Hispanics they will be labled as racist and that they are racialy profiling. This way they can't be acused of this act. I am tired of people bending over backwards to placate people who do not want to become citizens, but just want to take advantage of our social services. They complain about spliting up families, but many of them are here and sending money back home to their families. So they are already split up. If we had the $65 million dollars spent here, it sure would help our ecomony.

"They [the agents] kept firing rifles into the air to scare the people.â€
    <div align="center">" Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore "
    </div>

[quote="Equalizer"]"They [the agents] kept firing rifles into the air to scare the people.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)