Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mesa spends $6,800 on extra police after bad tip

May 17, 2008 - 1:20AM
    Mesa spends $6,800 on extra police after bad tip
    Comments 10| Recommend 0
    Katie McDevitt, Tribune
    Mesa spent more than $6,500 in 24 hours, paying dozens of officers to be on standby based on bad intelligence that Sheriff Joe Arpaio would be conducting his anti-immigration sweeps this week.

Mesa on edge as it awaits promised Arpaio sweeps

Arpaio takes immigration sweep to Fountain Hills

Mesa officials quiet on pending Arpaio sweeps

“I’m not going to get into what intelligence we received, but it obviously rose to the level where I’d rather be prepared than unprepared,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[b]“I’m not going to get into what intelligence we received, but it obviously rose to the level where I’d rather be prepared than unprepared,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That's just simple common sense, for Pete's sake....pick up the damned phone and ask him before you end up shelling out $6,800 in funds unnecessarily.
    Which is why the sheriff doesn't warn the police!
    They can't blame him if he doesn't tell them.
    Watch them blame him on this bad call ....
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Mesa spent more than $6,500 in 24 hours, paying dozens of officers to be on standby based on bad intelligence that Sheriff Joe Arpaio would be conducting his anti-immigration sweeps this week.
    Is this not a PAID, political ploy against Sheriff Joe to muddy his name?
    Are they ganging up on Sheriff Joe?

The approximately $6,800 bill will come out of the department’s overtime budget, which had to be cut drastically this year to meet a city-directed 7 percent decrease in spending.
    The person who made the decision to place the officers on stand-by without communicating with Sheriff Joe should be fired, charged with exceeding authority and misuse of public funds, and fined $6500 and court costs.
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

The person who made the decision to place the officers on stand-by without communicating with Sheriff Joe should be fired, charged with exceeding authority and misuse of public funds, and fined $6500 and court costs.
    I'll agree to that! He's trying to throw the blame on Sheriff Joe because the towns people are probably miffed.
    Dick Morris

[quote]I’m not going to get into what intelligence we received, but it obviously rose to the level where I’d rather be prepared than unprepared,â€

WHy would they even need to put extra police on call? Sheriff Joe and his department have training in quelling any "uprisings" and get the job done. What exactly is Meza preparing for? Is he backing up the Sheriff's dept or the illegal aliens? Is he expecting the illegal aliens to be armed and dangerous?
    "

Joe puts inmates in pink underwear

The Chief in Mesa must wear Yellow underwear

or maybe the Mesa Police dept want to watch how real law enforcement
    works instead of the money coming out of overtime it should be training funds

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    WHy would they even need to put extra police on call? Sheriff Joe and his department have training in quelling any "uprisings" and get the job done. What exactly is Meza preparing for? Is he backing up the Sheriff's dept or the illegal aliens? Is he expecting the illegal aliens to be armed and dangerous?
    I read where the towns people all get mad when the sweeps happen. So the police have to do crowd control. It makes more danger for the police from the towns also. They are not there to help, or be back up. What's the sense in telling a whole town when you're coming? If they tell the police, they leak it out. So Sheriff Joe can't win for losing.

I've been corresponding with a lady Selectman in Guadalupe, since their fiasco with Sheriff Joe. Now the lady mayor is causing trouble and putting Guadalupe in more danger. The police in town picked her up for a headlight out and she is screaming racial profiling! Of course the illegal's are up in arms over it. The selectmen DON'T agree. They think she should have admitted she was wrong, shut her mouth, and paid the ticket. We have that policy here too. Usually they give you a warning UNLESS you mouth off .... I'd say she did just that.

Guadalupe, Arizona is a town made up mostly of an Indian/Latino people. A very old sect. It's just 1 square mile and has 5500 people living there. I saw it on Google Earth. man is it crowded and intertwined with huge highways.
    Dick Morris