Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    When I lived in Portland in the late 70's we used to make trips to the coast to go mushroom hunting. Those pastures were like the Mother Lode!

Ah, to be young again...
    They are also in abundance in the Cascades, we use to go out mushroom hunting and wild blackberry picking, WOW Oregon is loaded with blackberrys, but watch out for the bears while your gathering them
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

This is a QUOTE from Comic George Lopez...."The America we used to know is gone. It doesn't exist anymore. You know who's running America?" he asked, then paused while mariachi music blared.
    "That's who's running America."
    "Everything you touch we touched first," he went on. "Taco Bell? The onions that went bad? Who do you think picked the onions from the field?
    "The tainted spinach? Same thing. You pay us $3 an hour. We're not going to wash it, too."

And we wonder why Americans are getting ill? From illegals defecating on the food in the fields...Thats why we need to GET THE WORD OUT!
    <div>MY eyes HAVE seen the GLORY... And that GLORY BELONGS to US... We the PEOPLE!</div>

I already mentioned that and so have others here. Yesterday I made a comment about it on another site. What is really amazing is that I had an aquaintance in Canada who worked for the universitry that was tops in agriculture and vetranairy medicine in the province of Onatrio. He raised his own chickens and grew his own fruit and vegetables for years. He also got beef from the university where he would have known what the animals were fed. Many of us who knew him thought that was weird but after all the e coli in our food I see why he did what he did. Too bad he didn't warn the rest of us. Canada does import alot of fruits and vegetables.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Sosadforus, I am burnt out on blackberries!! You know how it is west of the Cascades, they are weeds here. Though the illegals have a fit over them.

No, my favorite is blue mountain huckleberries in August. I still have some in the freezer from this last summer.

The story on how obsessed I and my 13 year old son are about picking them is like this. My husband, 13 year old son, 9 year old daughter and I all set out for a day to go up to Mt. Hood (we only live about 45 minutes away). Our obvious intentions are to pick blue huckleberries. We stopped in at Government Camp. Lot's of bushes all up the hillside where in winter people innertube down. So we (meaning just the 13 year old and I, my daughter and husband were not so thrilled with the process) picked about two big Tupperware bowls full, put them on ice, washed our stained fingers.

I suggest to my husband that we drive up to Timberline lodge till dark, and watch the stars, then go home. So he obliges, with our stuttering car, all the way up. Our car was not doing well with hills, so we opted to take our time. While doing this, my son and I realized we were passing inumerable masses of huckleberry bushes, as far as the eyes could see!!

Feeling the rush, I whimpered "look at all of those huckleberries that are just going to waste", my husband replied, with a deep sigh "there's nowhere to stop on the side". Me; "wait, there was a spot, hey, why did you pass that?". He rolled his eyes. Then my son chimes in "geez, dad, look at them all, can't you just find a spot so we can just look?".

BIG SIGH from dad, "you two need help".

I now call it huckleberry fever. The son and I have been plotting for this summers crop. We though of just getting dropped off for an overnighter, and hike while picking, but, that might seem a bit "obsessive" so, we had to make sure we let them (those two anti-huckleberry-ers!) know ahead of time there was going to be a big picking this summer, and they could drop us off early in the day with our backpacks, buckets, some ice, and food, and they could do what they wanted for the day.

Those blackberries just do not do what the huckleberries do for me!!LOL

Blue huckleberry pancakes!! OH MY GOSH!!! And for those who have never had them, they are not blueberries, they are different. More tart, smaller, and much stronger flavor. Tillamook cheese, blue huckleberries, the best.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    Sosadforus, I am burnt out on blackberries!! You know how it is west of the Cascades, they are weeds here. Though the illegals have a fit over them.

No, my favorite is blue mountain huckleberries in August. I still have some in the freezer from this last summer.

The story on how obsessed I and my 13 year old son are about picking them is like this. My husband, 13 year old son, 9 year old daughter and I all set out for a day to go up to Mt. Hood (we only live about 45 minutes away). Our obvious intentions are to pick blue huckleberries. We stopped in at Government Camp. Lot's of bushes all up the hillside where in winter people innertube down. So we (meaning just the 13 year old and I, my daughter and husband were not so thrilled with the process) picked about two big Tupperware bowls full, put them on ice, washed our stained fingers.

I suggest to my husband that we drive up to Timberline lodge till dark, and watch the stars, then go home. So he obliges, with our stuttering car, all the way up. Our car was not doing well with hills, so we opted to take our time. While doing this, my son and I realized we were passing inumerable masses of huckleberry bushes, as far as the eyes could see!!

Feeling the rush, I whimpered "look at all of those huckleberries that are just going to waste", my husband replied, with a deep sigh "there's nowhere to stop on the side". Me; "wait, there was a spot, hey, why did you pass that?". He rolled his eyes. Then my son chimes in "geez, dad, look at them all, can't you just find a spot so we can just look?".

BIG SIGH from dad, "you two need help".

I now call it huckleberry fever. The son and I have been plotting for this summers crop. We though of just getting dropped off for an overnighter, and hike while picking, but, that might seem a bit "obsessive" so, we had to make sure we let them (those two anti-huckleberry-ers!) know ahead of time there was going to be a big picking this summer, and they could drop us off early in the day with our backpacks, buckets, some ice, and food, and they could do what they wanted for the day.

Those blackberries just do not do what the huckleberries do for me!!LOL

Blue huckleberry pancakes!! OH MY GOSH!!! And for those who have never had them, they are not blueberries, they are different. More tart, smaller, and much stronger flavor. Tillamook cheese, blue huckleberries, the best.
    You are so right, the difference is it takes four times as long to pick a bucket !!and always keep in mind the bears love them to,and are very hunger when they come out of hibernation, so be beary careful and have some protection with you. I use to can them every year and pies, and Jam are so delicious !!
    My husband inspected the big powerline up there at government camp when it was being built. timberline is beautiful!
    Love your story I can just picture it! LMAO, I use to have the same problem. Now I'm lucky to ride my bike for very long know less hike through the mountains
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by edstate
    I LOVE Mexican food... but have stopped eating it as of late
    I only eat the American made version of Mexican food. I don't think I could handle knowing what the ingredients are in real Mexican food.

Sosadforus, you mean the power line was first built, or Timberline?

Yes, it does take longer, but I love being up there, I'd rather be there than anywhere else, and I have never once given a thought to worry about bears up there. You just simply go around them, leave them alone and they will gladly walk away from you.

I don't mind the picking taking long, I love being up there, and would spend all of my time up there if I could. We have tried to find something up that way, and my husband thought of simply driving in to work, just in order to live in peace and away from this nightmare down here in the valley.

We spent as much time as possible last summer up there, and just could not get enough of it. The illegals, for some reason, do not go up there (hmmm...maybe the rumors of large bi-pedal 8 foot tall creatures, have something to do with it, I hear most of the illegals are very superstitious people, not that we have planted any thoughts around where we live......... ). Well, it's all good, it is a haven for Oregonians to go and have some peace form the oompah music we have to hear all over town.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    Sosadforus, you mean the power line was first built, or Timberline?

Yes, it does take longer, but I love being up there, I'd rather be there than anywhere else, and I have never once given a thought to worry about bears up there. You just simply go around them, leave them alone and they will gladly walk away from you.

I don't mind the picking taking long, I love being up there, and would spend all of my time up there if I could. We have tried to find something up that way, and my husband thought of simply driving in to work, just in order to live in peace and away from this nightmare down here in the valley.

We spent as much time as possible last summer up there, and just could not get enough of it. The illegals, for some reason, do not go up there (hmmm...maybe the rumors of large bi-pedal 8 foot tall creatures, have something to do with it, I hear most of the illegals are very superstitious people, not that we have planted any thoughts around where we live......... ). Well, it's all good, it is a haven for Oregonians to go and have some peace form the oompah music we have to hear all over town.
    I hear ya, feels good to get out of town, timberline was already there , Bonneville power put the big steel towers in up there, the 500 kV line accross the cascades years ago, he's been an inspector for Bonneville in Vancouver for almost 30years, he loved working up there, but he loves nature and animals a lot.

When I was in Oregon there were no illegals.

I used to love going to Sisters, OR. A place called Blue Lake; the salmon were abundant. Very Beautiful. It's hard to believe the nightmare is there too.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

Americanpatriot, not as much as other places. We see a lot of them in town where I live (Gresham) and also on the west side in Hillsboro. Woodburn is brimming with them, in fact it almost looks like the pictures I see of California, Salem is also getting bad.

So far here, it is not as much, and I am grateful. Although in our town, Gresham, with a population of just over 90,000, our police have identified 114 known gangs, and according to a recently retired gang enforcement officer, if our government were to deport ALL illegal aliens, he suspected that almost all of the gangs here (likely like this across the country) would be gone.

Ok, Sosadforus, I was thinking, "geez, since Timberline was built, but that was in the thirties!". I know which lines you are talking about. We had kind of got lost up that high road looking for Ramona Falls, while all along were the HUGE powerlines which led over to the Columbia River Gorge. Know that place.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12