Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mexican Consulate says police profiled illegal immigrants

Mexican Consulate says police profiled illegal immigrantsAssociated Press
    DALLAS - A spokesman for the Mexican Consulate of Dallas says police in North and East Texas profiled illegal immigrants and exceeded their authority in checking the immigrants' residency status.

Consulate officials blamed the increased scrutiny on "Operation Wrangler," a plan announced last week by Gov. Rick Perry to crack down on drug and human smuggling along the Mexican border with coordinated law enforcement throughout the state.

Eduardo Rea Falcon, a Consulate spokesman, said Mexican officials believe 33 of 47 men, women and children held over the weekend at a federal immigration center in Dallas were profiled by police.

The immigrants were picked up in Fort Worth, Weatherford, Marshall and Denton County. Rea said they were stopped for traffic violations, asked for immigration papers and handed over to federal officials for deportation.

Rea said it's illegal for local law enforcement officials to ask for people's immigration papers.

"The only ones who can determine immigration status are immigration officials," he said.

Gov.'s Office spokeswoman Katherine Cesinger said Operation Wrangler is aimed at border crime and does not target illegal immigrants.

Jean Dark, a spokeswoman for the Texas Department of Public Safety in Tyler, said 13 immigrants were detained when state troopers pulled over two cars outside Marshall for minor traffic infractions. State troopers referred the group to immigration officials, she said.

Dark said a state trooper can use information obtained during a traffic stop as probable cause to call immigration officials to the scene.

Dallas County Sheriff's spokesman Michael Ortiz said the agency is participating in Operation Wrangler, including an increase in highway patrols Jan. 21-28. But he said that no illegal immigrants were arrested or handed over to federal officials as part of the effort.

"We recovered five stolen vehicles, made three arrests ... and issued several citations but did not find any drugs, smugglers or aliens," he said.

http://www.dfw.com/mld/startelegram/new ... 579025.htm
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

Excuse me for saying this because I try to refrain ...and I don't let my children say it...but Mexican Consulate...SHUT UP
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

We do not use shut up in our house either but in this case it definitely applies and cannot be said loud enough...

I'd love to see Texas take a stand and demand the Mexican consulates to leave our great state until Presidente Calderon can get a handle on his border problem. I don't think that is too much to ask. However, I know Governor Hair-gel would never do that.
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

Governor Hair-gel
    Damn. I just did a spit take!!!!I have to clean coffee off my computer....LOLOL
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

The police are not profiling Mexicans. If they did, we would not have this problem. Mexico may not be good at much, but they are good at putting spin on the media. Adios amigos!

WAH---FREAKIN--WHOOO! Go get em Texas Troopers! Profiling?? We don't need no steenking profiling to figure out that they don't belong. This silly argument:
    police in North and East Texas profiled illegal immigrants and exceeded their authority in checking the immigrants' residency status.
    BEING AN AMERICAN GIVES THEM THE AUTHORITY IN MY BOOK. It should be an inherent right of ANY AMERICAN to question the legal status of someone suspected of being in this country illegally.

Profiling

Mexican govenment should not be saying anything about the way illegals are captured. If Mexico is so concerned about the treatment of illegals, they should take all of them regardless of country and treat them better. Mexican jails are terrible and how they treat their illegals is really bad. So they want to tell us how capture illegals.

Re: Profiling

Quote Originally Posted by Beckyal
    Mexican govenment should not be saying anything about the way illegals are captured. If Mexico is so concerned about the treatment of illegals, they should take all of them regardless of country and treat them better. Mexican jails are terrible and how they treat their illegals is really bad. So they want to tell us how capture illegals.

Yes. This coming from a government who can care less if their citizens die crossing the dessert or if their women or children get raped. Just keep sending that money back to Mexico. They are puppets in their own country...or in ours, as it may be.

when a police officer pulls me over and asks for my drivers license, I happen to have one and hand it over without a word of complaint, well sometimes!! I'll bet that is the first thing he asks anyone, legal or illegal, if they don't have one, what is he suppose to do say ok have a nice day, no he would natually as for some sort of ID, papers, whatever.

As far as profiling, just how many white people are crossing the border illegally, and if they are here legally and are driving legally they should not have a problem. Notice its always the criminals crying how unjust we are.

WELL I SAY SHUT UP AND LET OUR LAW ENFORCEMENT DO THEIR JOB!!!!
    IF YOUR NOT HERE LEGALLY-- GO HOME!!! AND YOU WON'T HAVE TO WORRY
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)