Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mexican consulate warns Allen Co. sheriff

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ ... 50345/1056

The Associated Press

LIMA, Ohio - A county sheriff said he'll increase enforcement against illegal immigrants, despite a letter from the Mexican consulate in Detroit warning him about profiling Mexican workers.

Allen County Sheriff Dan Beck said Monday his deputies do not profile Mexicans. But he said he's concerned about a growing population of illegal immigrants in the community and fears it could bring an increase in violent crime.

Beck said he received a letter from Mexican counsel Antonio Meza last month after the sheriff announced a plan to train his deputies on recognizing fraudulent forms of identification.

Meza said he sent the letter after receiving complaints from two community organizations that deputies were using profiling to conduct traffic stops to ask for citizenship papers.

Beck said the letter is full of misstatements.

"If this is the type of attitude he wants, it appears he's trying to coerce me into doing nothing," Beck said. "It tells me this is a more important issue. He just raised the priority here."

Meza said Mexicans come to the community to work and do not cause problems. His office has advised Mexicans to respect and cooperate with police, he said.

Lima Municipal Court records do not show how many illegal immigrants go through the system.

Municipal Judge William Lauber said Spanish-speaking people appearing in his court are usually accused of the same crimes as anyone else.

Oh i have been sending some nice little notes and making some nice little calls on this one this morning.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

Compartarse con nosotros

Uh share those numbers with us
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Compartarse con nosotros

Uh share those numbers with us
    Oh i don't have a problem with sharing my congressman and Senators Numbers

Steve Chabot (202)225-2216
    Mike Dewine (202) 224-2315
    Voinovich (202) 228-1382

Oh yeah W when your on the radio tonight. It could be worth mentioning this. That the Meddling Mexican Government has to stop getting into our politics.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

Interesting that the Mexican consulate is 'warning' a sherriff in Texas about how he can accomplish his job. All we're supposed to do is turn our heads away from the breaking of our federal laws....or worse, encourage it.

It does seem that of late I've heard less of encouragement coming from elected officials. As 2006 draws closer some even seem to be noticing that we have a problem. As far as I'm concerned that attention comes too little and too late. I'll be voting only for those who cared all along.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

RR - This is from Ohio!

What are they warning that they will do? Put us in jail? Go to war? How would one respond to a threat, especially a Sheriff?

I vote to kick his consulate butt back to mexico for threatening a Sheriff, and he can make his shallow threats from his casa.
    "I can because I will, I will because I can" ME

The Mexican consul should not talk about his constituents as law abiding when they ignore our immigration law.

We should call or email the Allen County Sherriff with praise.

We should tell the Mexican Consul that we disapprove of his efforts to keep Mexican illegal aliens living and working here.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here it is:

http://www.acso-oh.us/

On the bottom it has the phone # and email adress.

If only my county sheriff and county police commissioner would act this way. Even better, its election year and come the 8th of Novemeber maybe we will have a real sheriff.

Just call

and voiced my support for the sheriff! I told the girl that I was behind Sheriff 100% and that the consulate has no right to meddle in our laws!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast