Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mexican Data Say Migration to U.S. Has Plummeted

May 15, 2009
    Mexican Data Say Migration to U.S. Has Plummeted
    By JULIA PRESTON
    MEXICALI, Mexico — Census data from the Mexican government indicate an extraordinary decline in the number of Mexican immigrants going to the United States.

The recently released data show that about 226,000 fewer people emigrated from Mexico to other countries during the year that ended in August 2008 than during the previous year, a decline of 25 percent. All but a very small fraction of emigration, both legal and illegal, from Mexico is to the United States.

Because of surging immigration, the Mexican-born population in the United States has grown steeply year after year since the early 1990s, dipping briefly only after the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, census data in both countries show.

Mexican and American researchers say that the current decline, which has also been manifested in a decrease in arrests along the border, is largely a result of Mexicans’ deciding to delay illegal crossings because of the lack of jobs in the ailing American economy.

The trend emerged clearly with the onset of the recession and, demographers say, provides new evidence that illegal immigrants from Mexico, by far the biggest source of unauthorized migration to the United States, are drawn by jobs and respond to a sinking labor market by staying away.

“If jobs are available, people come,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"Still, at least 11 million illegal immigrants remain in the United States'

Does that number EVER change? 11 million 12 million . This is a joke. I've seen these same numbers for years as they continue to sneak across the border daily. And because the sneak into the country, there is no way to estimate how many are here, have been here or will be here.

ELE

I think there are about 40 million illegals here.

How can they give us a fair estimate of how many illegals have invaded our country when they don't monitor how many people come in and/or leave our country, on any given day?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

He said he would go back to picking strawberries in Michoacán, if his furious father did not banish him.
    I wonder, did his "furious" father, or his mother, report him as missing? Did they ask the police to search for their minor child, or did they really not give a damn? I don't know where he was planning to cross at, but in Southern AZ, it's been HOT lately. It would be even hotter in the areas they cross at because there are no trees (no, cactus do not create much shade) or buildings to bring the temp down a little. It's dangerous to cross, yet parents let their minors do it, and I'm sure they knew he was on his way to the U.S. His father is probably just furious that he didn't make it. Family values.

Ya right!! anyone who believes this please come see me about a bridge!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Re: I think there are about 40 million illegals here.

Quote Originally Posted by ELE
    How can they give us a fair estimate of how many illegals have invaded our country when they don't monitor how many people come in and/or leave our country, on any given day?
    EXACTLY!! This is just more feel good propaganda via Mexico.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Give me a break. How would the Mexican government know how many people come into the U.S.? Could it be because their hundreds of Mexican matricular offices in America are less busy?
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

[quote]For now, though, Mexicans like José Luis Z., 16, of the state of Michoacán, are setting the trend. José Luis went to the Albergue del Desierto, a migrant shelter in Mexicali for minor boys, after setting out from home without telling his parents.

But when a job planting trees in Washington State fell through and he heard from migrants of increased patrolling along the border, he decided to head back home.

[bold]“I thought it would be easy[/bold], but now I see how people suffer,â€
    "

[quote]Mexicans are “not forgoing migration forever,â€

Duplicate post but more comments so will leave open.
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-156345-julia.html+preston
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn